Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #551
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
ya it was nice to get the freebie but the $25 shipping to Canada kills this for me too
I'd to purchase one or two of these faction pack but as an european shipping cost kills it.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:49 PM   #552
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
T shirts stickers?

Why have they not had the Arbiter of Bone up and rising yet. It was at Monsterpalooza. Thought wed see that one for sure with the rest of these.
He said one item is a USB drive with COTD stories on it. Might be just what is included on courtofthedead.com. Not really sure until I get it. He said there are two other things, but they are a surprise.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:28 AM   #553
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
He said one item is a USB drive with COTD stories on it. Might be just what is included on courtofthedead.com. Not really sure until I get it. He said there are two other things, but they are a surprise.
Surprises are always welcome! That flash drive is pretty unique.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:25 AM   #554
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Does anyone know when the rest of the story line will be revealed for the other statues?
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:29 AM   #555
LionHeart717
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpluse2 View Post
Does anyone know when the rest of the story line will be revealed for the other statues?
No, but I'm really excited for it. I love the fact that I'm able to witness the beginning of a franchise, learning all of it's lore and characters from the outset, instead of being overwhelmed by it's immense history (i.e. DC and Marvel).
LionHeart717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:12 AM   #556
ob1ob
Birdman

Well I've decided that I want all of these. Now it is confirmed that they will be expanding into other medium like graphic novels. Really looking forward to seeing everything they have planned. I am loving this COTD line!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfe5U0aYUbw#
ob1ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:02 AM   #557
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalAges View Post
I really hate this collection, as I am still trying to figure out how I am going to explain to the wife my purchase of Queen and Red Death, gulp!

On a side note, I found this thread while googling info about a particular issue I encountered with the Sideshow site.

I jumped on the Queen order because there was a notice on the site about "only 20 of these left!". I jumped on it. I did the same with red Death because it was noted as "50 left" one day, then next day it was "40 left".

I looked back at the site 2 days later, and neither of the products have notices about being low, and neither are marked as sold out.

I would hate to think that they are tracking visits to the site and then trying to "fear" people into buying. I definitely would have put off the Red Death purchase a bit to give me a little $$ breathing room, but didn't want to miss out.

Anyone else have insight into this issue? My email to Sideshow has gone unanswered.

There is a thread in this section for questions to Sideshow and a rep from SS is nice enough to answer our questions there. I asked this very question earlier in the week, still waiting on a response.

This is their busiest week of the year I'm sure, so it wasn't the best timing. However, I'm not expecting to get a completely honest answer, either. Everyone knows what's going on, regardless of what they go on record as being the reason.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:27 AM   #558
MetalAges
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
There is a thread in this section for questions to Sideshow and a rep from SS is nice enough to answer our questions there. I asked this very question earlier in the week, still waiting on a response.

This is their busiest week of the year I'm sure, so it wasn't the best timing. However, I'm not expecting to get a completely honest answer, either. Everyone knows what's going on, regardless of what they go on record as being the reason.
Awesome, thanks. Will look for that.

Yeah, I get trying to be a savvy marketer, but you just can't outright lie to potential buyers, especially when you're dealing with this kind of money that a person is laying out.
MetalAges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #559
MetalAges
Doh!

I just posted my experience on the Q&A thread - hopefully there is some sort of resolution on this tactic.
MetalAges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #560
wanderlai
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalAges View Post
I just posted my experience on the Q&A thread - hopefully there is some sort of resolution on this tactic.
I doubt we will get a straight answer. Many have asked and more have voiced displeasure with this "tactic". On the surface it looks like a calculated move to get sales.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote