Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-22-2022, 08:36 AM   #1
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Prime 1 customer no service?

So...

3 months ago I receive my Cover Art Jungle Predator and it is a beautiful piece. However, the shoulder gun button would get stuck and I had to open it up to make it work? a month or so ago I thought I would contact P1 for a replacement? I mean, I paid over 2K on this statue so I should have all the parts working properly right?

They sent me a number of steps I have to go through to ask for a replacement. After I took pictures, made a video and send to Prime 1 at their request, they told me that IF they can find the part I would have to buy it and cover the cost of shipping?

Let me get this straight....

I spent $2200 for that statue;
I received a damaged part from them;
If a want to replace the damaged part they sent me I'll have to pay for the replacement AND for shipping, although it was not my fault at all?

They spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to make high end statues, put up showcases that pump up their customers and if something goes wrong they will say ?sorry, that's your problem?

Does that seem fair to you guys? The least you expect is that they send you a product in mint condition, and if there is a problem, they should replace a damaged part that came directly from them. They do business with the entire world, spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in promoting their company and products and they won't replace a damaged part out of cost to the costumer???

I bought a Bruce Lee statue from BBTS and it didn't fit well so instead of sending me a new head, which could have not fit well either, they sent me another full statue to make sure that the new head would fit into my original one and if it didn't, I could replace the whole statue. The new head did fit properly and I sent back the new statue with the old head? Now THAT is what I call good customer service.

I don't expect P1 to do anything like that, I'm not unreasonable, but the least they could do and say "Sorry for having a damaged part to your very expensive statue and here is a replacement, free of charge because we value our customers... thank you"

If their policy is to make the customer pay for a replacement part that came damaged from them directly, I can't see myself buying directly from them again? ever

UPDATE:

I have spoken to someone at Prime 1 again and the reason given to me for having to pay for the part and shipping was that it has been 3 months and their policy for any damaged parts are 30 days. Although I don't like that I have to buy another part, it is reasonable to have a 30 day warranty after I receive the package.

I guess it is what it is and I will make sure next time to get a replacement within the timeframe
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 08:59 AM   #2
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

P1 have awful customer service, that's just how they roll
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:28 AM   #3
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

They're one of the greediest, most penny pinching companies I've ever seen.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 11:58 AM   #4
Blade3327
Nightwing

Sounds about right. Never buy direct from them if you can help it. Retailers will almost always have better policies and CS.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 12:56 PM   #5
VickPS
Blue Falcon

I can confirm P1 customer service being awful, if not downright infuriating.
VickPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 01:10 PM   #6
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Plus the postage they charge is crazy
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 01:11 PM   #7
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I haven't had an issue with ordering directly from Prime, and I've had two replacement pieces shipped from them. Didn't have to pay for either shipping or the replacement parts. Both were before Covid though so maybe things have made a turn for the worse just like everything else in the world.

Keep trying though. I just contacted them yesterday about an order and they got back to me early this morning.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 01:38 PM   #8
ukshaun
Hercules

Prime 1 customer service is all but dire. I have posted about this in the past. They have a somewhat black & white view of things.
You either like the product you ordered and keep it, or return it (at your expense) and receive a refund.
Going down the path of pointing out the issue's with the Prime 1 product you ordered will get you no where.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 02:52 PM   #9
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
They have a somewhat black & white view of things.
You either like the product you ordered and keep it, or return it (at your expense) and receive a refund.
Going down the path of pointing out the issue's with the Prime 1 product you ordered will get you no where.
Sounds pretty dire to me.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 03:40 PM   #10
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I haven’t had the communication problems yet but I’ve purposely broken pieces so bad they’ve had to replace it with no questions asked. After returning the same piece 3 times over one month I stopped letting them control the narrative. Half the time the replacement pieces they send don’t even fit the original statue because somehow a machine that’s programmed to cut an entire ES consistently has a brain fart when it comes to my piece.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote