Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-10-2017, 07:36 AM   #111
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
That shouldn't be odd, that's pretty normal. If they go over 999 POs total, then there are no more POs.
How about this happens before an event that they already confirmed the po for this piece?
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:42 AM   #112
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
How about this happens before an event that they already confirmed the po for this piece?
For some pieces like this, I don't think they say that POs are guaranteed to be available at all the events. They just say you can only get the item at events (until sold out of course). If somehow they sell 999 total units at previous events, then that item would be technically Sold Out and no more POs would happen for upcoming events. This is theoretical though as I don't think any XM event exclusive has sold out like what you described but I could be wrong.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:40 PM   #113
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
It is made to order too with a price tag of $1799 SGD right??? That could also make it more limited than 700 depending on orders of course.
Correct, and it could definitely be more limited than 700. I'm only guessing 700 because Hulk is such a popular character, and the response to the render has been very positive. But it could definitely be less.

Quote:
That is odd for me and I will explain why. They have already defined that they will be pre ordering this for several more events, how is that even possible to control this? As far as I heard of SGCC, they did not limited the amount of statues sold, therefore, they can sell a quantity that reaches 999 in the next event and will let the other events down?
The PO's weren't limited at STGCC because that's the first event that it was available and they needed to judge the demand. They would cut off orders if they reached a certain level though, (e.g. 300 units sold) and then allocate a certain amount per remaining events that would equal 999. I don't think they could ever sell out of anything at one event anyway, I don't even think 999 people lined up to order. And event exclusives are 1 per person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
That shouldn't be odd, that's pretty normal. They may set aside a certain number for each event or they may allow sales until they reach that total. If they get 999 POs total, then there are no more POs.
Correct.

Quote:
You are overthinking this. XM has done multiple event exclusives before, including the incredibly popular Ghost Rider, Cable, and Hulkbuster. All of their ES was 999 or under. The Hulk Transformation ES will be 999 or under. It will not be over, you can rest easy.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:48 PM   #114
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Agreed. I think I'm just going to bite bullet on this. I've got reservation on PO.

I really hope this piece will look excellent with my Hulkbuster that's reason I want it. To pose them side by side.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:16 PM   #115
XMAN
Ultron

My favorite Hulk statues are the seamless ones......This piece looks amazing....and being able to display with or without Banner(I would choose to display with banner) makes this one of the greatest display options to date on a statue. I can't wait to see more pics.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:48 AM   #116
aa909
The Green Hornet

this is hands down the best 1/4 hulk sculpt to date (at least in pics). need to see this printed soon!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:01 AM   #117
Balthazar

I am letting this one go and I suggest people start to fight back too or this business gonna go to an impossible direction. This is incridible piece, but there is nothing, nothing in this whole world that can justify a 1/4 scale piece to cost 2500 EUROS, it is insane. More, XM studios did no even release the ES. I am frustrated and I feel disrespected. You can argue material, size, license fee and whatrever you want, but this is the price of several 1/1 and 1/2 with astonishing details. To get the picture, planet Hulk is 1500. I think its time to revise your proposal and treat the customer with more attention and respect. The thing goes deeper, when you are releasing several pieces for po with final prices to be announced.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:12 AM   #118
sdgs
Frackin!

Quote:
I am letting this one go and I suggest people start to fight back too or this business gonna go to an impossible direction. This is incridible piece, but there is nothing, nothing in this whole world that can justify a 1/4 scale piece to cost 2500 EUROS, it is insane. More, XM studios did no even release the ES. I am frustrated and I feel disrespected. You can argue material, size, license fee and whatrever you want, but this is the price of several 1/1 and 1/2 with astonishing details. To get the picture, planet Hulk is 1500. I think its time to revise your proposal and treat the customer with more attention and respect. The thing goes deeper, when you are releasing several pieces for po with final prices to be announced.
LOL. Ok buddy
sdgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:10 AM   #119
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Unfortunately, XM Studios Europe is not actually part of XM they are just their European distributor. The name is very misleading. XM has no control over the prices that the European store sets. They are seriously ripping people off on some pieces. It might be better for you guys to find a reliable Singaporean distributor to get these pieces for you.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:00 AM   #120
Balthazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Unfortunately, XM Studios Europe is not actually part of XM they are just their European distributor. The name is very misleading. XM has no control over the prices that the European store sets. They are seriously ripping people off on some pieces. It might be better for you guys to find a reliable Singaporean distributor to get these pieces for you.
Gonna have a look on this, but it was a member of XM who has revealed this price on Lucca event tread.ยด

Thanks