Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-22-2022, 01:32 AM   #731
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Hey crew! Sorry to bust in with a random question, but to anyone who owns this piece…is there any special trick to wall mounting it??? I feel like I’m missing something?
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:03 AM   #732
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
Hey crew! Sorry to bust in with a random question, but to anyone who owns this piece?is there any special trick to wall mounting it??? I feel like I?m missing something?
Did you get the wall mounting kit? It cost extra.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 11:55 AM   #733
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Did you get the wall mounting kit? It cost extra.
Well that might indeed be the problem my friend! Thank you….didn’t even know it was an option.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 12:32 PM   #734
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Welp, I'm going on 3 months now since I got a economy shipping notification for this statue & the tracking hasn't budged. (live in USA) This is just getting ridiculous waiting & waiting... I don't think I'll be buying anything else directly from Prime.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 01:00 PM   #735
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

You get what you pay for when it comes to shipping. Economy shipping from Prime will take a couple months easy, but I've had packages take a good three months to arrive as well. Shipping still isn't back to normal yet so the long wait isn't unusual. Economy shipping is basically finding out when it ships then forgetting about it until it arrives.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 01:31 PM   #736
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
You get what you pay for when it comes to shipping. Economy shipping from Prime will take a couple months easy, but I've had packages take a good three months to arrive as well. Shipping still isn't back to normal yet so the long wait isn't unusual. Economy shipping is basically finding out when it ships then forgetting about it until it arrives.
It's confusing because I've got 2 other statues from them directly under the economy shipping & it was around 6 weeks for both. I know I was being cheap using economy, but $290 isn't exactly cheap to begin with.

I'm a patient guy, but I think knowing that there's a great chance it's broken, is really getting me anxious... This is definitely the most nerve wracking purchase I've made in a long time!
Old 02-25-2022, 02:23 PM   #737
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
It's confusing because I've got 2 other statues from them directly under the economy shipping & it was around 6 weeks for both. I know I was being cheap using economy, but $290 isn't exactly cheap to begin with.

I'm a patient guy, but I think knowing that there's a great chance it's broken, is really getting me anxious... This is definitely the most nerve wracking purchase I've made in a long time!
Economy shipping is pretty inconsistent. I've had the same thing happen where a package from Prime arrived in less than 2 months, but most of them have taken longer. I'd say anywhere between 6-12 weeks is a reasonable range to expect.

Hopefully it'll show up in the next week or two.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 03:12 PM   #738
Speakeasy
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post

I am with you. It?s only been a month so far for my wait but it?s not knowing if my piece is broken or not that is killing me. If I knew I would be getting a perfect statue I wouldn?t care how long it took to get here or the price of shipping. As of now this will be the first statue that my heart will be pounding with nerves when I open it. I may even have my girlfriend open for me because the thought of pulling that top off and seeing broken pieces hurts.
Speakeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 04:19 PM   #739
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakeasy View Post
I am with you. It?s only been a month so far for my wait but it?s not knowing if my piece is broken or not that is killing me. If I knew I would be getting a perfect statue I wouldn?t care how long it took to get here or the price of shipping. As of now this will be the first statue that my heart will be pounding with nerves when I open it. I may even have my girlfriend open for me because the thought of pulling that top off and seeing broken pieces hurts.
Yep, that's the same feeling I'm a have opening it too. (sweating bullets) I'm actually going to run outside when the FedEx guy shows up and tell him the scenario with the package being extremely fragile & offer to help take it off the truck. I ain't taking any chances if I can help it!

When I got my 1/4 Pred that was 2 boxes, the guy dropped down the box on his dolly super hard. I saw him through my window. Luckily that was packaged way safer so no damages. Knowing my luck, the statue will be in perfect shape until they go to unload it at my house & break it...I sure hope we get good one's?
Old 02-25-2022, 04:31 PM   #740
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Economy shipping is pretty inconsistent. I've had the same thing happen where a package from Prime arrived in less than 2 months, but most of them have taken longer. I'd say anywhere between 6-12 weeks is a reasonable range to expect.

Hopefully it'll show up in the next week or two.
Another week or two would be fine. If I do get lucky and get one without any damage, then I move on to stressing if the tail fits, or if the dome has a ding etc. Also knowing there's no replacement parts doesn't help the anxiety either. Lol... Never had a sweat a statue to this degree ever...