Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-08-2021, 11:49 PM   #91
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
This is the only pic not on their site. It's from the FB post.
Oh well. The color of the gun is off. The original was blued steel with black grips and is up for sale at Propstore for $8,000.

I sent them an email with the info. Don't know if they will change it or if anybody will care that much, but if they want to claim hyper-real, then I guess it should match.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:55 PM   #92
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Joker View Post
I think for USA licenses purposes for WB they can’t post a picture of her holding the gun on their official website.
Yes. Same thing happened with TDK Joker where the Korean video showed him holding gun but the international version didn't.
This time they had they same video for Korea and international, so I was worried we wouldn't get a shot of catwoman holding the gun. Glad they included it in the FB post.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:55 PM   #93
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Oh well. The color of the gun is off. The original was blued steel with black grips and is up for sale at Propstore for $8,000.

I sent them an email with the info. Don't know if they will change it or if anybody will care that much, but if they want to claim hyper-real, then I guess it should match.
I’m not sure about that. There are some pictures in her promotion and the film where it looks like the gun is more black. It might just be a prop used for one scene or something that was changed?
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:04 AM   #94
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Joker View Post
I’m not sure about that. There are some pictures in her promotion and the film where it looks like the gun is more black. It might just be a prop used for one scene or something that was changed?
The one up at Propstore is the hero version (real gun). The magazine port was filed down for easy release and it originally had a more powerful spring in it. You can find the details here: https://propstore.com/product/dark-k...thaway-pistol/

I should point out that lighting changes the way objects appear on film, and sometimes quite drastically. Vader's helmet is a perfect example of this which is why it looks flat and then shiny in different scenes in the original Star Wars.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:08 AM   #95
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

The promo images for the film were with a P226, which is a different gun. JND is using the CZ75 so the color should ideally match the gun on propstore.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:17 AM   #96
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Sold out. That was fast.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:18 AM   #97
Cmac
Mephisto

Honestly, I don't care that much since I will never display her with the gun. However, some people might so I pointed it out.

That gun has been up for sale at Propstore for years. When I did collect props, I could never justify spending that much on a deactivated gun when I could just go and get the same model for a fraction of the cost. I much preferred the custom made stuff.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:20 AM   #98
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
Sold out. That was fast.
That was insanely fast; not even 1 hour 20 min!
Old 04-09-2021, 12:22 AM   #99
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Wow.....

The greatness of JND studios has quickly spread....
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:52 AM   #100
Brandon
The X-Men

I don't think it's completely sold out. Just on their website. Retailers will still have some available. Just like with their Joker.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote