Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-03-2022, 04:10 PM   #601
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Hey gang, here she is. I received her on Monday after being delayed due to sleet on Friday via FedEx. Shipped directly from JND, I haven't received a separate customs bill yet and I'm crossing my fingers that I don't. I'll update if I get one with the cost. She came in one brown shipper, color box, styrofoam clamshell with velcro straps and another black engraved collector's plaque. I've been wrestling all week with overcast skies so there wasn't much natural light. Finally got a sunny day today and I think I've taken at least one hundred pictures and played with her hair for about an hour. She definitely deserves the attention. It's been an exhausting day.

So, she's awesome. I'm beyond happy with her. Another simple piece that stands out when you enter the room. I definitely think she's better than Fleck and Ledger but as JND keeps putting out pieces they'll keep improving with each one. I love the piece, so there's not much to say beyond what Exorcist posted. You can also display her holding her goggles. My only gripe is if you're OCD, getting her hair right while trying to put her goggles on can be a pain in the butt if you don't like stray hairs.

eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:10 PM   #602
eternalblue02

Part 2:

Old 03-03-2022, 04:10 PM   #603
eternalblue02

Part 3:

Old 03-03-2022, 04:10 PM   #604
eternalblue02

Part 4:

Old 03-03-2022, 04:16 PM   #605
ukshaun
Hercules

Thanks for posting massive images. I think the eye's are the most impressive aspect.

Looking at the hair, it looks good. Although the point at which the hair enters the head appears to imply multiple hair strands share the same hole/plug point, resulting in scale issues (lacking in scale correctness). I'm nit-picking
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:24 PM   #606
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I think the "critics" are right. After seeing all the in hand videos and reviews, in my opinion, she looks better with the mask on. I don't know, with the mask off, from certain angels - she just looks wrong...as a female human, she's ok, but not AH....in my opinion.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:31 PM   #607
jeremydmc
Black Panther

WOW, great pictures. Looks perfect with the goggles on!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:42 PM   #608
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Thanks for posting massive images. I think the eye's are the most impressive aspect.

Looking at the hair, it looks good. Although the point at which the hair enters the head appears to imply multiple hair strands share the same hole/plug point, resulting in scale issues (lacking in scale correctness). I'm nit-picking
I think JND are getting better but they've always had issues with hairlines. On this piece it's not as apparent, and from normal viewing distance is fine to me

The large mouth/droopy face is more of an issue and just kills it for me. JND go on about accuracy and quality but a lot of it is hype IMO
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 05:36 PM   #609
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I think JND are getting better but they've always had issues with hairlines. On this piece it's not as apparent, and from normal viewing distance is fine to me

The large mouth/droopy face is more of an issue and just kills it for me. JND go on about accuracy and quality but a lot of it is hype IMO
Oops wrong post
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 05:39 PM   #610
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

[QUOTE=eternalblue02;6024194]Hey gang, here she is. I received her on Monday after being delayed due to sleet on Friday via FedEx. Shipped directly from JND, I haven't received a separate customs bill yet and I'm crossing my fingers that I don't. I'll update if I get one with the cost. She came in one brown shipper, color box, styrofoam clamshell with velcro straps and another black engraved collector's plaque. I've been wrestling all week with overcast skies so there wasn't much natural light. Finally got a sunny day today and I think I've taken at least one hundred pictures and played with her hair for about an hour. She definitely deserves the attention. It's been an exhausting day.

So, she's awesome. I'm beyond happy with her. Another simple piece that stands out when you enter the room. I definitely think she's better than Fleck and Ledger but as JND keeps putting out pieces they'll keep improving with each one. I love the piece, so there's not much to say beyond what Exorcist posted. You can also display her holding her goggles. My only gripe is if you're OCD, getting her hair right while trying to put her goggles on can be a pain in the butt if you don't like stray hairs.

Congrats on a great piece. Can't wait for mine.

Do you mind me asking how much JND charge for shipping? Want to gauge what to expect for Mera. Thanks
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote