Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 01-14-2008, 12:15 PM   #31
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

I love TO!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:27 PM   #32
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
I 100% agree with you. I'm smiling so much that the cowboys lost, in such humiliating fasion.
I don't agree it was a humiliating loss. They lost by four points. They didn't get their collective ass handed to them.

I don't understand why people hate the Cowboys so much. I really don't understand how a Texan can. Did they cut you off in traffic or something? Steal your dog for illegal underground dog fighitng? It had to be -something- to warrant such bitterness.

Hating a sports team is like hating a celebrity...it's ultimately not going to affect them, so you're just wasting energy being upset at them. Really.
superdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:22 PM   #33
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post

Hating a sports team is like hating a celebrity...it's ultimately not going to affect them, so you're just wasting energy being upset at them. Really.
But it feels so good.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:26 PM   #34
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
But it feels so good.
Ditto
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #35
Collection King 13
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
But it feels so good.
Funny but True!!!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
Old 01-14-2008, 02:26 PM   #36
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Giants looked GREAT yesterday. Still, putting the cuffs on Manning in the last two minutes almost back-fired. Let the man play.

I root for the Giants in the NFC, but if we (Patriots) face them in the Super Bowl, I'll be pulling for the Flying Elvis!
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:35 PM   #37
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
I don't agree it was a humiliating loss. They lost by four points. They didn't get their collective ass handed to them.

I don't understand why people hate the Cowboys so much. I really don't understand how a Texan can. Did they cut you off in traffic or something? Steal your dog for illegal underground dog fighitng? It had to be -something- to warrant such bitterness.

they lost at home to a team they beat twice, sounds like a humiliating loss to me.

I've hated the cowboys from the womb, I can't explain, but I just can't root for them. It just feels wrong, and it just makes me feel good when they lose.

Just the way I feel.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:37 PM   #38
Collection King 13
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
they lost at home to a team they beat twice, sounds like a humiliating loss to me.

I've hated the cowboys from the womb, I can't explain, but I just can't root for them. It just feels wrong, and it just makes me feel good when they lose.

Just the way I feel.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #39
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
See what you did, Mike? You made CK happy.

I don't understand the knee-jerk dislike, but then, when have we agreed on anything, really? LOL.
superdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #40
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Doug - people always feel that way about teams that win a few in a row. I felt like that about San Fran and Dallas in the 90's. Also felt like that about the Bulls in the 90's. Looks like people (not me) feel that way about the Patriots now. It happens like clock work. It is part of being a fan, not a personal assault.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote