Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-23-2021, 08:17 AM   #21
KiDD
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
That's because they buy 1/6th scale figure bodies by the thousand for pennies on the dollar and only need to actually have heads, hands and costumes produced.

When you make a statue each one has a mold made. The costs are apples to oranges.
Sure, it just comes down to whether you prefer the materials and the scale over the overall accuracy, which for me has always been #1. The piece could be made out of plywood for all I care if it looks the part.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 08:34 AM   #22
Aidmit One
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
It probably wasn't just me tbh lol.
I definitely have never heard of them before either. Not really liking this option from IS though. Wish they'd go bigger than 1/10...also the Red Ranger has some seriously thick thighs...The 1/6 red ranger that XM released a while back and the newer green ranger from Kami-Arts both blow these out of the water. I really wish Kami-Arts would do a red ranger because their green ranger looks really, really impressive.
Aidmit One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 01:08 PM   #23
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
I mean…
Yeah... those helmets are way off.

Ranger fans are like Vader enthusiasts when it comes to those helmet details. They would be wise to fix them.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 04:21 PM   #24
Oxymoron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidmit One View Post
The 1/6 red ranger that XM released a while back
don't u mean 1/4? I can't remember xm doing a red ranger in 1/6 scale
Oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:42 AM   #25
Lemmiwinkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Yeah... those helmets are way off.

Ranger fans are like Vader enthusiasts when it comes to those helmet details. They would be wise to fix them.
As a fan and a bit of a helmet snob. From best to worst:

Yellow - Very good, no complaints. 5/5

Pink - Good 4.5/5

Red - Salvageable. Fix the visor so it’s not so rounded. Should be pointed at the top section. Shouldn’t look like a toe-nail! Also, they painted the surround silver where the teeth are, should be white. 4/5

Blue - Terrible. Visor area all wrong. Mouth section too big. Missing white line above visor. 2.5/5

Black - Terrible. Silver horns too big. Mouth section too big. Shouldn’t have little ears on top like the yellow, they should stick out to the side and very subtle and blend into diagonals on the sides as they’re supposed to be the ears of a mammoth. 2/5.

Green - Worst of all. A solid 0/5. Everything about this is wrong. I can almost guarantee they’ve modelled the helmet from pictures of a Eric0101’s fan sculpt, which in itself is a modified Red Ranger helmet.

All this before we get to the overly muscular look.

All in all. Just not acceptable really for a $1000+ diorama. Hero-cast versions of the helmets are available for $100 each so there’s no excuse to get these details so, so wrong. I mean; they build a replica Ford Explorer for their Jurassic Park diorama. I hate to be “that guy” but if this had been $300 I might have talked myself into it. Bearing in mind the below S.H Figuarts were around $30 each
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B5D1DB1D-B563-4B94-98D9-60BEAE4CAFFF.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	783.8 KB
ID:	141555   Click image for larger version

Name:	77742568-6F80-47A4-B5FE-747C201B3A46.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	551.9 KB
ID:	141556  
Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 10:10 PM   #26
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

What about the White Ranger and Zordon? You left out a rating for them lol.

I would say this tho, if you guys really feel strongly about the helmets not being correct, email/write/tweet Iron Studios and voice your opinion. If enough people speak up maybe they will make changes since they are still in a prototype period. Would be nice to get accurate helmets.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:10 AM   #27
Lemmiwinkles

White - Good. They’ve painted the edges of the mouthpiece gold instead of silver but that’s nit-picking and can be corrected. The visor is a little bit too big too, should be sharper. 4.5/5

Zordon - I mean, he’s a floating head but maybe there could have been a bit more effort to make him look more like the projection he is rather than a head in a jar. Doesn’t look much like the actor either. But gets an extra point as there’s nothing really to compare it to toy wise. 3/5

Regarding complaining - I know this worked for a few statues including the Marty McFly but in all honesty I could probably have lived with the helmets if the body shapes were closer to reality rather than the marvel/DC-esq look they’ve decided on. So will just have to pass on this and that really, really pains me. The comments on their socials seem happy so we’ll let the sales figures do the talking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A3BF760D-D506-45DD-B51D-51E6DC25A42C.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	888.1 KB
ID:	141574  
Old 07-27-2021, 08:35 AM   #28
Aidmit One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
don't u mean 1/4? I can't remember xm doing a red ranger in 1/6 scale
Yes, you are right!! That one looks so freaking good!! Wish I would've got him because it's impossible to find now.
Aidmit One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 12:01 AM   #29
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
As a fan and a bit of a helmet snob. From best to worst:

Yellow - Very good, no complaints. 5/5

Pink - Good 4.5/5

Red - Salvageable. Fix the visor so it’s not so rounded. Should be pointed at the top section. Shouldn’t look like a toe-nail! Also, they painted the surround silver where the teeth are, should be white. 4/5

Blue - Terrible. Visor area all wrong. Mouth section too big. Missing white line above visor. 2.5/5

Black - Terrible. Silver horns too big. Mouth section too big. Shouldn’t have little ears on top like the yellow, they should stick out to the side and very subtle and blend into diagonals on the sides as they’re supposed to be the ears of a mammoth. 2/5.

Green - Worst of all. A solid 0/5. Everything about this is wrong. I can almost guarantee they’ve modelled the helmet from pictures of a Eric0101’s fan sculpt, which in itself is a modified Red Ranger helmet.

All this before we get to the overly muscular look.

All in all. Just not acceptable really for a $1000+ diorama. Hero-cast versions of the helmets are available for $100 each so there’s no excuse to get these details so, so wrong. I mean; they build a replica Ford Explorer for their Jurassic Park diorama. I hate to be “that guy” but if this had been $300 I might have talked myself into it. Bearing in mind the below S.H Figuarts were around $30 each
IS is now on "mass production mode" they don't care anymore about detail, I remember how care they haved with their old pieces, even 1/10 with black bases, they maked a real research.

Now it's about 20 new pieces every month, prices in the moon and no care with the detail, it's so many pieces all the time that Iron started to work in a sloppy way more then ever, leaving behind lots of details (Mando 1/4 have tons of missings), and even with anatomy problems, every single product from Disney or Warner (movie, etc) Iron Studios must make at least half dozen pieces.

The worst, the final product are all very instable, some came good, some came with terrible faces, and a lot ones with at least one problem.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 05:12 PM   #30
Lemmiwinkles

I would sadly agree with that. I’m not a huge Marvel fan (thankfully for my wallet) so when a license like this gets announced I’m hoping they’ve done their research, but it appears I’m wrong. Fortunately for IS, Power Rangers fans are used to this kind of sloppy attention to detail so they’ll probably sell okay.