Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-24-2021, 01:46 PM   #141
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I don't think so, it was just a poor effort. I wanted to get this, but too many factors against.
Agreed. It just wasn't a very good piece. The pose was stiff, her leg position was odd, and the face wasn't as pretty as it could have been. They really should have done the Arkham Knight version.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 03:10 PM   #142
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Thought jumping back into Arkham City was kind of strange, especially when the Arkham Knight Ivy is a much better look.

Hush Ivy is my only 1/3 but Knight Ivy might have swayed me. Never considered this one at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Agreed. It just wasn't a very good piece. The pose was stiff, her leg position was odd, and the face wasn't as pretty as it could have been. They really should have done the Arkham Knight version.

Lots of factors went against this piece. Everything you guys mentioned along with this being the last Arkham piece... abandoning the line with so many other potential characters left on the table.

When someone like the Batman Statue Collector cancels this piece and sells off his whole Arkham collection... you know Prime 1 messed up big time. The low POs are the result of those bad decisions.

But they seem to be hitting their stride with Anime pieces. Demand for those seem higher and those collectors seem to have larger pockets for these new higher price points.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 03:20 PM   #143
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
When someone like the Batman Statue Collector cancels this piece and sells off his whole Arkham collection... you know Prime 1 messed up big time. The low POs are the result of those bad decisions.
As much as I enjoy watching BSC content, I don't know if this really factors in. He seems to enjoy the pursuit of a new piece more than owning one for a long time. He's currently in a 'what IS my collection?' phase, and already seems to be regretting selling his Arkham pieces off to the point where he recently mentioned rebuying them.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 03:26 PM   #144
Augen
Metal Men

Yeah, one challenge of being a YouTube collector is biggest form of new content is new pieces. My collection has been fairly static this year with all the delays. If you have to fund or find space for new pieces every year there is going to be more churn.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:52 PM   #145
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
As much as I enjoy watching BSC content, I don't know if this really factors in. He seems to enjoy the pursuit of a new piece more than owning one for a long time. He's currently in a 'what IS my collection?' phase, and already seems to be regretting selling his Arkham pieces off to the point where he recently mentioned rebuying them.
Yeah, these are all true. But one of the biggest reasons why he considered giving up this collection was the lack of the line continuing and not being a fan of this Ivy. He wasn't the only Arkham mega collector I've seen do this, he's just the most well known one (which is why I used him as an example... simplicity sake).
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:01 PM   #146
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Yeah, these are all true. But one of the biggest reasons why he considered giving up this collection was the lack of the line continuing and not being a fan of this Ivy. He wasn't the only Arkham mega collector I've seen do this, he's just the most well known one (which is why I used him as an example... simplicity sake).
Good point. I guess I just find it odd to scrap a collection because a line ends, even if the character selection isn't complete. I've collected so many lines of statues or figures that have faltered or failed before the original promise of the line has been fulfilled, but I've rarely sold them all because of this.
(DCD's B&W Arkham line for instance)
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:23 PM   #147
NotGwen
Justice League

Quote:

Lots of factors went against this piece. Everything you guys mentioned along with this being the last Arkham piece... abandoning the line with so many other potential characters left on the table.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that Harley throne piece a continuation of the Arkham line?
NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 07:22 PM   #148
flico
Doh!

Wow dodged a bullet on this one. I wanted an Ivy to go with my AK catwoman and AK harley so I preordered hush ivy. Around the time AC Ivy was announced and before hush ivy shipped I was considering whether to cancel hush ivy for this.

I ultimately decided to keep hush ivy for the following reasons.
1) AC ivy would be another 18-24 months wait time.
2) AC ivy cost increased by 150 dollars over AK catwoman and I preordered hush ivy before sideshow implemented taxes. Felt like hush ivy was barely more expensive considering it has the diorama feel with the large plant. lol the statue price inflation is real.
3) Prime 1 went with arkham city ivy rather than arkham knight ivy so it wouldn't have matched my two AK pieces anyway. Feels less bad that the hush piece doesn't exactly match.

I wonder if anyone picked ac ivy over hush ivy. That's brutal. Though considering how it was handled not surprised it was canceled. They really should have made arkham knight ivy 3-4 years ago.
flico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:23 PM   #149
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by flico View Post
Wow dodged a bullet on this one. I wanted an Ivy to go with my AK catwoman and AK harley so I preordered hush ivy. Around the time AC Ivy was announced and before hush ivy shipped I was considering whether to cancel hush ivy for this.

I ultimately decided to keep hush ivy for the following reasons.
1) AC ivy would be another 18-24 months wait time.
2) AC ivy cost increased by 150 dollars over AK catwoman and I preordered hush ivy before sideshow implemented taxes. Felt like hush ivy was barely more expensive considering it has the diorama feel with the large plant. lol the statue price inflation is real.
3) Prime 1 went with arkham city ivy rather than arkham knight ivy so it wouldn't have matched my two AK pieces anyway. Feels less bad that the hush piece doesn't exactly match.

I wonder if anyone picked ac ivy over hush ivy. That's brutal. Though considering how it was handled not surprised it was canceled. They really should have made arkham knight ivy 3-4 years ago.
The best reason you kept Hush Ivy - it looks 100x better than this one.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:02 PM   #150
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
Good point. I guess I just find it odd to scrap a collection because a line ends, even if the character selection isn't complete. I've collected so many lines of statues or figures that have faltered or failed before the original promise of the line has been fulfilled, but I've rarely sold them all because of this.
(DCD's B&W Arkham line for instance)
I don’t know if I can even name a line that was completed top to bottom. Maybe Prime 1’s Synder Justice League and that’s about it? Or their New 52 JLA. I just hope they can churn out most of the primary Lord of the Rings characters.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote