Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-05-2024, 11:04 PM   #71
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Not really though. Females come with the expectation that too many outfits is part of the deal.
Guys can have a gun cabinet. Maybe a couple sets of golf clubs.
No female expects a man with man dolls.
Don't feel bad. I used to get crap for having a gun cabinet, video games, and guitars. The only hobby they want us to have is cheese and wine tasting. I told her, "I'm a grown man and will do whatever the f--- I want, whether it be riding cool motorcycles or saving the Waddle Dees in Kirby." Instant respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljellow View Post
Two or three statues, they're a conversation piece.
A whole room full, I don't think it's jealousy you're facing ;-)
A hoarding addiction.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 01:18 AM   #72
Mercy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I would say it's a pain packaging your statues. I will be selling a few statues. So, now I'm going to be even more strict about what I buy and display. I plan to sell 2-4 statues. When you get into this hobby you have some much space and tend to buy what sparks your interest, but later you realize what you truly want to collect. Then, you are forced to sell off what you bought without giving it much though. The one statue I really want to get rid of is my Irelia statue I bought from Infinity and my Cybercop statue. I have a custom Ada Wong that I anticipate will be very hard to sell. My custom Samus, I don't think I will sell that one.

Since, I never sold a statue before. Is the best place to sell my statues Facebook Market place?

I'm will be buying the 1/3 Neo Matrix Statue from Prime 1 and maybe the 1/3 Wonder Woman by LBS for this year. I already have The Last of Us 1/4 and Endo Terminator 1/3.

I already think my 1/4 statues are huge. I can't imagine how much larger the 2B 1/3 from Prime 1 will be. Then there is the weight of the 2B statue. That beast of a statue will be thing to behold. That's partially why I want to reduce the size of my collection to a few statues. I really don't want have statues everywhere in the house. It's really easy to buy a lot of statue, then have no where to place them. I have a Mercy statue in a box and I haven't opened it cause I don't really have a good spot to place it. So, I'm making space now before my 2B and Last of Us from Prime 1 arrive later this year. Plus, I need some money to buy gym equipment and for statues that I really want.

To answer the question in the title. I would say yes it is, but only if you collect statues that mean more to you than the cost of the statue. For example, I have a Starcraft Kerrigan statue that I wouldn't sell. Starcraft was the first computer game I played and it has a lot sentimental value. Neo the Matrix falls into that same category. Each time I look that Starcraft statue reminds me of a time when I was still a child when my only worry was getting up for school in the morning. There are people who I remember from that time that are dead now. When I get that Endo 1/3 statue from Prime 1 next year, I will have similar memories.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 02:40 AM   #73
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
When you get into this hobby you have some much space and tend to buy what sparks your interest, but later you realize what you truly want to collect. Then, you are forced to sell off what you bought without giving it much though.
Yep, that's a very common lifecycle for statue collectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
Since, I never sold a statue before. Is the best place to sell my statues Facebook Market place?
Facebook is the first place I try, particularly a group like this...I've sold a few premium formats there with no issues. If it doesn't sell there after a week or two, I'll list it on Ebay. I haven't used any of the newer places like Mercari.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 05:31 AM   #74
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post

A hoarding addiction.
Presentation has a lot to do with it. A home theater with a bunch of movie pieces would not be a turn off whereas something like 20 statues just randomly your bedroom or wherever might be an issue.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 08:47 AM   #75
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
The only hobby they want us to have is cheese and wine tasting. I told her, "I'm a grown man and will do whatever the f--- I want

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Presentation has a lot to do with it. A home theater with a bunch of movie pieces would not be a turn off whereas something like 20 statues just randomly your bedroom or wherever might be an issue.
I control the alarm clock !
Otherwise my statue will be missing an arm !!
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 09:16 AM   #76
Westhelle
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I have statues of big booby ladies in my bedroom. Presentation is key.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 09:32 AM   #77
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
I have statues of big booby ladies in my bedroom. Presentation is key.
I didn't mean for solo "viewing"
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote