Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-18-2021, 01:29 PM   #501
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

The delusional negative people on the JND Facebook page are the usual suspects. The same people can also be found on the Prime1Studio FB pages. My guess is they are either very jealous or hired by Queen Studios to frame JND and Prime1Studio

I started to debate respectfully against one of them together with James (the CEO of JND). But it was completely useless. He was just going on with laying brick after brick on his negative path of destruction. And eventually he even got some backup from some of his butt-buddies.

He was just spraying negative comments like it was his sole purpose in life. *JND sucks, JND are frauds, looks absolutely nothing like Gal etc*

Objective criticism is very good and very important, but this is just a JND witch-hunt IMO. Jealousy and tunnel vision are a b*tch in life, and also sometimes within this hobby I guess

On the other side, there are more fantastic and friendly collectors then negative ones. And I am very happy that most of these cool collectors can be found here on this forum
Exorcist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 02:01 PM   #502
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
The delusional negative people on the JND Facebook page are the usual suspects. The same people can also be found on the Prime1Studio FB pages. My guess is they are either very jealous or hired by Queen Studios to frame JND and Prime1Studio

I started to debate respectfully against one of them together with James (the CEO of JND). But it was completely useless. He was just going on with laying brick after brick on his negative path of destruction. And eventually he even got some backup from some of his butt-buddies.

He was just spraying negative comments like it was his sole purpose in life. *JND sucks, JND are frauds, looks absolutely nothing like Gal etc*

Objective criticism is very good and very important, but this is just a JND witch-hunt IMO. Jealousy and tunnel vision are a b*tch in life, and also sometimes within this hobby I guess

On the other side, there are more fantastic and friendly collectors then negative ones. And I am very happy that most of these cool collectors can be found here on this forum
Well put

The problem is, there's no way to validate the genuineness of these "critics", they hide behind their relative anonymity.

I completely agree that there seems to be a concerted effort to try to derail JND - and unfortunately it's not just on Facebook. Unfortunately you can see that on here (I'm referring to the retarded hill Billy who kept referring to these statues as Barbie dolls) - and on YouTube, with a lot of "respectable" channels trying hard to find fault with the JND product.

When all is said and done, as long as their products keep selling out, and the competition rots on the shelf (as much as I like it, the Queen Studios 1/4 WW Comic Version is STILL available - so is the 1/6 Catwoman on Batpod, and their 1/2 Aquaman) - the critics are blowing in the wind. JND should focus on building a loyal fan base,and their business will be secured.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 02:17 PM   #503
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

LOADING: Image(s)
About that gold thing, let me paraphrase the JND guy: Well, for example, we say, there's kinda gold of JND, and it's not just gold. VoilĂ-.
It is a small price to pay to enter the fabulous world of JND, whose famous poses are now envied by all the museums of the world.
Can you imagine Michelangelo’s David with a JND pose?. What a missed opportunity, Michel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
The hairline looks very good on this one. Gal, seriously, I don't see any reason to be unsatisfied, gold included.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 03:16 PM   #504
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

That picture is perfection to me. Now so tempted to get Catwoman to display beside. Hoping for Mera next.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 03:23 PM   #505
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

JND's proto pics looked closer to the film to me as it was a colder colour palette, as opposed to the warmer orange hues of the final product. However, colours look different at night, especially the fake night in the film.

Either way, it's a very nice statue. If I'd paid this much I'd prob be more discerning though
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 03:24 PM   #506
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
That picture is perfection to me. Now so tempted to get Catwoman to display beside. Hoping for Mera next.
Please god no mera, I'd be so tempted

Who am I kidding, it's prob a no brainer for JND if they can get the licence
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 04:22 PM   #507
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Id mentioned Mera awhile back. I would prob put $ on Mera being announced in the next year or so.

They know fans will flip for it.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 05:14 PM   #508
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
As long as your happy with what youre purchasing, thats fine and in the grand scheme of things, Id say thats all that important.

I go through alot of trouble to calibrate my tv ( plasma) properly. Always have. But 99.9% of people watching their LCDs dont, which is kind of my point... peoples concept of accurate will vary from person to person.

FB is going bonkers about how production doesnt match the prototype, but even thst is a matter of individual opinion as everyones devices use different settings.. warm, cool, hi/low saturation and so on.

Then as said earlier in the thread you throw peoples camera settings into the mix...
I’m just preparing myself mentally for what I’ll get in hand. There have been many occasions where early collectors have mentioned various nitpicks ahead of time, that by the time I got it in hand here in Australia I just gave it pass in the end because I’d long gotten used to it.

In the Korean language show and tell/unboxing videos on the production piece, from memory it seemed that the CEO hinted that he simply went for a gold more to his personal liking than actually referencing the actual film, to make it seem more luxurious?, but something might just have been lost in the subtitle translations.

I actually rewatched the WW scenes, and I changed my TV settings across its various main tv modes (I know I could do more, but I didn’t want to change my settings too much), but still didn’t get it anywhere close to how it ‘appears’ in the various recently released videos and photos. Of course I won’t know for sure until I get it in hand, but given that all the videos and photos are ‘currently’ showing the same thing, heavily indicates that what it’s showing is likely how it’ll actually be in hand.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 05:30 PM   #509
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Ironically, I have never seen the film.....and I have no plan to ever see it

So, I guess that's another reason why the "gold-gate scandal" is lost on me.

I should watch more tv.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 05:35 PM   #510
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

When all is said and done, as long as their products keep selling out, and the competition rots on the shelf (as much as I like it, the Queen Studios 1/4 WW Comic Version is STILL available - so is the 1/6 Catwoman on Batpod, and their 1/2 Aquaman) - the critics are blowing in the wind. JND should focus on building a loyal fan base,and their business will be secured.
Just to play devils advocate, that WW does have an edition size of nearly 3000 pieces. And while it has a great GG facesculpt, it’s as you’ve stated a comic piece and is not representative of the armour worn in the films. So even discounting the scale, for me personally it was never an option as it seems to be straddling both comic and movie without picking a side.

And while the 1/6 Batpod hasn’t sold out, the same can’t be said for their far more expensive primary release in 1/3 scale. A lot of collectors can’t find it anywhere, and while JND does sell out quick, until recently there were still places you could find the Arthur Fleck piece months after actual release. Though of course their more recent preorders have all more or less sold out.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote