Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-11-2021, 09:32 PM   #1511
nyvega002
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Really? Did they tease an image or did they just say "hey we are working on a 1:4th beast ?"

If so i'm pretty excited to see what they do. I thought there Beast 1/10th scale was one of the best characters in the diorama.
They announced during one of their first "Inside Iron Studios" in December that they would be doing 1/4 X-Men and that they were already working on Beast.
nyvega002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:09 PM   #1512
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvega002 View Post
They announced during one of their first "Inside Iron Studios" in December that they would be doing 1/4 X-Men and that they were already working on Beast.
Well I'm sure happy to be hearing this news. A quarter scale Beast is so long over due and I'm not totally sold on the XM Beast, so I will for sure be keeping my eye for this piece for Iron Studios.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:12 PM   #1513
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I offered up some suggestions

I'd love to see OG, Lee silver, 80's mohawk and then either her brand new with the ponytail, Savage Land or Asgardian.
Savageland and Asgardian. You’re too good to me Northern.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:53 PM   #1514
Starscream77
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
XM Studios Storm will be at 5k soon. This is another Sideshow fail....
Nice try. XM Storm flippers butt just puckered. price coming down down down on secondary market now.

Homerun by Sideshow.
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 02:40 AM   #1515
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
Nice try. XM Storm flippers butt just puckered. price coming down down down on secondary market now.

Homerun by Sideshow.
The XM-Storm is completely overrated. It starts with the base with the terrible seams.
The price the XM asked was already too high

If I can get a cheap XM, I still prefer it to the sideshow. I'm still missing a Storm
Asgard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 04:19 AM   #1516
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I have the FS Bowen and the XM and Sideshow statues. Those two dwarf the FS Bowen. But man I do miss Bowen statues.

This isn't my favorite suit, but if you're looking to get a nice Storm piece, I do recommend either the first PF or this piece. She commands quite the presence in a room and maybe could look good trying her best to stop the Juggernaut
LOL!

Hi Demona, I think you are one of the coolest contributors to this forum and I like and respect you.

Storm is a goddess who can control an elementary force of nature, she is an experienced and respected field leader of the X-Men and one of the most powerful mutants the MU has ever seen.

But Storm trying to stop The Juggernaut?
Nothing can stop The Juggernaut and a lightning bolt will only tickle Juggernaut and make him laugh at best or annoy him and get him pumped up in the worst-case scenario.

The best Storm can do against Juggy I would say, is to try and have him sucked up by a tornado and thus temporarily remove him from the field of battle.
That will not stop Juggernaut however and once he has solid ground beneath his feet again, he will immediately come back for Storm and her X-Men.

Just like you I am very much looking forward to the full reveal of this PF and I hope it will be an amazing tribute to one of the most popular X-Men ever.

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 05:58 AM   #1517
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
LOL!

Hi Demona, I think you are one of the coolest contributors to this forum and I like and respect you.

Storm is a goddess who can control an elementary force of nature, she is an experienced and respected field leader of the X-Men and one of the most powerful mutants the MU has ever seen.

But Storm trying to stop The Juggernaut?
Nothing can stop The Juggernaut and a lightning bolt will only tickle Juggernaut and make him laugh at best or annoy him and get him pumped up in the worst-case scenario.

The best Storm can do against Juggy I would say, is to try and have him sucked up by a tornado and thus temporarily remove him from the field of battle.
That will not stop Juggernaut however and once he has solid ground beneath his feet again, he will immediately come back for Storm and her X-Men.

Just like you I am very much looking forward to the full reveal of this PF and I hope it will be an amazing tribute to one of the most popular X-Men ever.

Rainer
Wouldn’t it be great if Demona received a Storm PF #1 or signed by the amazing Mr. Harbottle himself? Rewarding the most passionate fans for this hobby would be such a kind gesture. If I recall, your Juggernaut was made extra special for you, wasn’t he?
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:05 AM   #1518
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

I removed the lightning backdrop to see how the piece might look in a typical white backdrop display unit.
It will be interesting to see how blue the silver is once more images are released.
I like the piece more today than i did yesterday.
Come 2022, will Sideshow release a limited edition ready to ship now variant?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 08:58 AM   #1519
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

I removed the lightning backdrop to see how the piece might look in a typical white backdrop display unit.
It will be interesting to see how blue the silver is once more images are released.
I like the piece more today than i did yesterday.
Come 2022, will Sideshow release a limited edition ready to ship now variant?
Thanks for that clearer picture, that confirms that I really love this statue from what we’ve seen so far.

Storm for me is one of the most powerful and iconic X-Men members and I think she will really stand out with the striking silver colour costume amongst the other premium formats and maquettes. To be honest I hadn’t realised that the white was incorrect until following this thread, and was wary of how silver could look - clearly there was no reason to worry!
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 11:21 AM   #1520
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

This image helps the already known. She's gonna look right at home within the X-Men collection. If she's anywhere near elevated like she should be. GAME OVER!
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote