Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-12-2021, 11:50 AM   #1521
iceprince_x
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

LOADING: Image(s)

I removed the lightning backdrop to see how the piece might look in a typical white backdrop display unit.
It will be interesting to see how blue the silver is once more images are released.
I like the piece more today than i did yesterday.
Come 2022, will Sideshow release a limited edition ready to ship now variant?
The variant will be the black version of this costume. Just like what they did before with her classic costume first featured in black and they came out with a white variant. I just hope they won’t get an idea to just do a pure white one as against this silverish one.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 12:05 PM   #1522
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

SHOW THE WHOLE THING!
I quoted this post because we need happiness nowadays. And speaking of happiness, Demona seems to be happy, and I'm glad for her!
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 12:08 PM   #1523
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
While I'm really happy with the reveal and she is a day one order. I think this would have looked amazing.

VoilĂ-. That's the suit I was waiting for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmer View Post
Wouldn’t it be great if Demona received a Storm PF #1 or signed by the amazing Mr. Harbottle himself? Rewarding the most passionate fans for this hobby would be such a kind gesture. If I recall, your Juggernaut was made extra special for you, wasn’t he?
I agree about the signature. Demona deserves it. A legitimate reward for her 1234 posts in this thread
But why only Will Harbottle? If I'm not wrong, Mark Newman sculpted this Storm, and that's a damn good sculpt.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 12:48 PM   #1524
Demona
Martian Manhunter

You guys are beyond sweet! And yes, I am very happy with this beautiful statue I’d happily love a combo signature - both Newman and Harbottle. Masters of their craft. And yes Frenchie, Newman did the body (and probably a portrait) and Harbottle did the portrait that is shown here (doubtful he did a body).

I have always wanted to get the base of my OG Storm PF signed by Mark Newman. I don’t think they exactly do conventions though.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 01:00 PM   #1525
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I have always wanted to get the base of my OG Storm PF signed by Mark Newman. I don’t think they exactly do conventions though.
They’re at SDCC.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 01:46 PM   #1526
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Perfect outfit color, perfect body sculpt, but fabric cape. You don't put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 02:09 PM   #1527
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
VoilĂ-. That's the suit I was waiting for.

I agree about the signature. Demona deserves it. A legitimate reward for her 1234 posts in this thread
But why only Will Harbottle? If I'm not wrong, Mark Newman sculpted this Storm, and that's a damn good sculpt.
You’re absolutely right…love Mr.Newman’s work! Too late last night to think straight and ideally it would be signed by the entire creative team as the piece captures the essence of Storm on so many levels by so many artists! Love your posts about Dunhuang. Doubt it but I hope that someday there’ll be a Psylocke or Chun Li from them.
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 02:10 PM   #1528
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
They’re at SDCC.
I wish. It’s a pain and near impossible for me to get to tickets and make the haul to California for it. I have a better chance of getting my husband to go to Emerald City bc we have friends who live in Seattle.

Though if anybody is going to SDCC and enjoys meeting sculptors - I am always willing to ship some bases.

I do think that Harbottle would do serious justice to a Chun Li, Sif, or She-Hulk. As long as he doesn’t make their face look like a celeb.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 02:43 PM   #1529
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I wish. It’s a pain and near impossible for me to get to tickets and make the haul to California for it. I have a better chance of getting my husband to go to Emerald City bc we have friends who live in Seattle.

Though if anybody is going to SDCC and enjoys meeting sculptors - I am always willing to ship some bases.

I do think that Harbottle would do serious justice to a Chun Li, Sif, or She-Hulk. As long as he doesn’t make their face look like a celeb.
We went to SDCC for the first time in 2007 and REALLY enjoyed it. Had absolutely no problems getting tickets back then. We decided to go again in 2010. By then it was impossible to get tickets. We tried for many years after that as well but no luck.

Our go to "splurge" convention is now Dragon Con and has been since 2016.
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 03:52 PM   #1530
BurningRage
Inhumans

BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote