Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-23-2021, 03:44 PM   #101
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

People Once Believed That When Someone Dies, A Crow Carries Their Soul To The Land Of The Dead.

I barely have any space left in my mancave but I am oh so tempted to order this statue...

I have got to check and see if I can find some space to dispaly this statue once it is released.

Good stuff Sideshow; I am impressed!

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:57 PM   #102
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

I figured they'd wait until Spooktacular to put this up, but here it is.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 04:11 PM   #103
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
He looks great. If only this were a fully sculpted piece . . .

I would have been game even if everything was sculpted except the coat. The coat AND pants is just fabric overkill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post

I barely have any space left in my mancave but I am oh so tempted to order this statue...

I have got to check and see if I can find some space to dispaly this statue once it is released.

Good stuff Sideshow; I am impressed!

Rainer
Yeah, despite all of the excessive soft goods, this is still an impressive offering.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 04:33 PM   #104
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

It is a very nice PF but I don't like the base
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 04:35 PM   #105
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Love the movie. The base and the crow is just a turnoff. But Brandon looks amazing!
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:10 PM   #106
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Not a fan of mixed media. This will look sloppy once the production piece is revealed. Also, how in the heck is the crow staying on the shoulder? Those must be some strong magnets to go through the fabric. I feel like there will be a lot of "my crow fell off the shoulder" comments when this is released.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:36 PM   #107
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
He’s up. $600 and no EX.
Love it! But why not ex? What happened???
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 09:56 AM   #108
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I get why people aren't happy about the fabric, but the statue looks excellent honestly. The most unexpected statue release this year that i've seen and its a great one. It sucks that it doesn't fit my collection but I expect its going to have a pretty high ES judging by the comments around social media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Not a fan of mixed media. This will look sloppy once the production piece is revealed. Also, how in the heck is the crow staying on the shoulder? Those must be some strong magnets to go through the fabric. I feel like there will be a lot of "my crow fell off the shoulder" comments when this is released.
How about waiting and seeing rather than automatically assuming it will be bad ? It's fine not being a fan of mixed media, but there seems to still be plenty of folks who don't mind. But I know folks seem to enjoy being negative more than positive.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:32 AM   #109
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
I get why people aren't happy about the fabric, but the statue looks excellent honestly. The most unexpected statue release this year that i've seen and its a great one. It sucks that it doesn't fit my collection but I expect its going to have a pretty high ES judging by the comments around social media.

How about waiting and seeing rather than automatically assuming it will be bad ? It's fine not being a fan of mixed media, but there seems to still be plenty of folks who don't mind. But I know folks seem to enjoy being negative more than positive.
Sure, I'll wait. Believe me, I hope it looks great and I know a lot of folks don't mind mixed media at all. For me PERSONALLY, I just don't like it. I love the Crow and just wish this was fully sculpted (so I'm probably a little bitter).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:42 PM   #110
Y3E
Gen 13

I am so tempted to order this. I love mix media and this looks done exceptionally well but I decided to only collect Avengers, Xmen and Star Wars
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote