Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-20-2023, 11:13 PM   #831
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I checked Sideshow early yesterday and sure enough the set was still there readily available for purchase. "Can't say I'm surprised," I thought. Suddenly, the sound of my doorbell echoed down the hallway. I began to make my way to the living room at a slow pace as I had just woken up and the coffee had not yet kicked in. However, a loud banging started to shake the very foundation of my house. Someone was pounding at the door. I ran to it in a rush. I didn't even have time to peep through the hole to see who it was.

"Morning Gyro! Fancy seeing you here." It was Ant. He flashed me an eerie smile while sweat dripped down the sides of his face. Below each of his arms I noted two heavy looking boxes. I had a feeling I knew what this was about. Instinctively, my feet began to back away in fear. I tried to slam the door shut, but his foot stopped all momentum.

"Can I interest you in this extremely limited and highly sought after set of premium collectible statues based off of the hit pop culture franchise Street Fighter?" he inquired in an almost demonic tone.

I looked down. Sure enough, the boxes were labeled with one word and one word alone: HUGO. My hands began to tremble. My worst fears were coming to life. I had to get away as quickly as I could, but his foot prevented me from closing the door. Were I to run further inside, I would be trapped in my own home with no way out. I did the only thing I could think to do. I ran out the front door and began to sprint as fast as I could to my car. I thought I would have plenty of time to get inside, but something told me to look over my shoulder. It was then that I saw a sight I would never forget: Ant in full sprint with a 1/4th scale Hugo in each hand. How could he run so fast with such a heavy load? It was impossible. I could not believe my eyes. There was no way I could open the car door in time. I had to keep running.

My feet took me down roads and alleyways and corridors I had never seen before. Soon I was opening doors of colours unknown to mankind. I ran up flights of stairs that sent me towering over the city and yet in my heart I knew I was somewhere underground. Finally, the thunderous sounds of his footsteps had disappeared. I am safe at last! I took this moment to collect my thoughts and compose myself on a nearby wall. It was then that I heard maniacal laughter from above.

This was no wall.

It was a throne. And on top of this throne was Ant, looking down on me from above. And this was no ordinary throne. It was a mountain of boxes. Each box massive in size and heavy in weight. And each box shared the same hellish label. That same eldritch word that would forever haunt me in my sleep: HUGO.
Had you simply manifested me into this fantasy, I would have said simply to Ant. “I’ll take those off your hands”!

It would have been my pleasure to assist you buddy.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote