Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 07-23-2021, 12:21 PM   #11
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

My my my…

True scale Sauron piece. He hath returned boys

Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 12:23 AM   #12
Thor57
Teen Titans

I’ll say it……

This is too much. The hobby has jumped the shark. This will sell to some Hollywood types and to the rich Asian crowd, but why even market it too the general public. Don’t get me wrong, it seems beautiful, but it’s just too much for the standard collector.

And this is coming from an idiot that will pay for and purchase the Queen Studios Balrog.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:25 AM   #13
azurepred
Zot

wow, that is crazy. Must be nice being able to house one of those. Never thought I'd see a life size Sauron bust get made. Would love to see a life size Ringwraith bust like that, even though it would mostly be cloth.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:57 AM   #14
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

THAT is awesome, and since there is no silicone , this is something I would buy from IS. THIS is the piece of all pieces if your a LOTR fan. I only collect horror, but this is horror enough for me to buy, that and the Belrog bust from queen. Sucks tho how much room Lifesize takes up, I HAVE NO MORE ROOM and these companies keep putting out stuff so fast and so amazing, it doesnt give anyone time to recoup money, especially now during this horrible time in the world. People have less money and everything seems like its doubled in price. SUCKS!!!
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 09:06 AM   #15
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

I fully disagree with your statement. Companies are only just now giving an elite group of collectors what they want. I collect lifesize only for 15 years, and it started at just bust, but most my stuff now is the FULL STATUE, and some TORSOS like this. It takes alot of room, but for me, anything else besides lifesize doesnt have the magic or presence a lifesize has when you watch a movie and look over and see the life size charactor right across from you in all its beyond detailed and realistic quality.

The only problem us life sizers face is ROOM. We run out of it fast. But they have not gone over board, there are tons of every day guys like me that are NOT RICH that would buy this without a pause. They said the same thing about 1/2 scale, but its thriving, if it wasnt, nobody would continue to make them. If your a collector, there has never been a better time to be one because with all the companies, they are making stuff for EVERY collector from 1/6 scale to Lifesize. What every size you like and quality, its out there for you to collect. Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I’ll say it……

This is too much. The hobby has jumped the shark. This will sell to some Hollywood types and to the rich Asian crowd, but why even market it too the general public. Don’t get me wrong, it seems beautiful, but it’s just too much for the standard collector.

And this is coming from an idiot that will pay for and purchase the Queen Studios Balrog.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 10:17 AM   #16
Augen
Metal Men

All things are matter of perspective. I know people that think spending $200 on a 1:6 is insanity. It keeps moving up the line all the way to 1:1 and thousands of dollars.

Zero chance even consider this, but cool to see someone else get it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 11:19 AM   #17
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
I fully disagree with your statement. Companies are only just now giving an elite group of collectors what they want. I collect lifesize only for 15 years, and it started at just bust, but most my stuff now is the FULL STATUE, and some TORSOS like this. It takes alot of room, but for me, anything else besides lifesize doesnt have the magic or presence a lifesize has when you watch a movie and look over and see the life size charactor right across from you in all its beyond detailed and realistic quality.

The only problem us life sizers face is ROOM. We run out of it fast. But they have not gone over board, there are tons of every day guys like me that are NOT RICH that would buy this without a pause. They said the same thing about 1/2 scale, but its thriving, if it wasnt, nobody would continue to make them. If your a collector, there has never been a better time to be one because with all the companies, they are making stuff for EVERY collector from 1/6 scale to Lifesize. What every size you like and quality, its out there for you to collect. Cheers
You're 100% right in my opinion.......too many people seem to think this hobby revolves around them, and they complain when THEY think it's too expensive, or THEY run out of space, or shipping to THEIR region is restricted.....what people forget is that these companies generally see much more of the consumer demographic then we do, they know better then us if a product will sell or not. This is why we keep seeing the same I.P.s being represented, the same characters, and rising prices.

If the statue doesn't work for you, ok, you can't win them all....but bet your bottom dollar someone out there wants it, and will acquire it.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 05:22 AM   #18
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Wow now that's impressive, more for the size than anything else! I definitely agree it's cool things like this get made even if only a few will get to enjoy it in their home it's good that these companies keep pushing the boundaries.
Pricing will be interesting to see.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 06:39 AM   #19
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I’ll say it……

Some people spends humongous amounts of money on a stupid car and you never would say that they jumped the shark.

I have chosen the statue hobbie because this is what makes me smile, over a stupid fancy car (for example).
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:55 AM   #20
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
Some people spends humongous amounts of money on a stupid car and you never would say that they jumped the shark.

I have chosen the statue hobbie because this is what makes me smile, over a stupid fancy car (for example).
Depends on what you consider humongous amounts of money. Cars can run anything from hundreds to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I’ve read so many times on these forums or YouTube comments that the price alone for some of these statues is enough to buy a car. Which I’ve always found somewhat ridiculous, as I personally would never buy one of those four wheel death traps. And unless I win the lottery I probably would never buy a car in the hundreds of thousands either.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote