Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-19-2021, 09:32 AM   #1
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Punisher: Back to War Omnibus

I want to write about the first appearence of Punisher in The Amazing Spider-Man and the rest of the omnibus abit. I give it 6/10

It had its logical gaps like Spider-Man's spider sense thingling when Punisher tried to shoot him from a roof top but later on Punisher's wire gun, Jackles Attack from behind with his poisonuns or something claws and no spider sense... what are you gonna do, it's comics. Spider-Man kicked and punched Punisher... that should have probably killed Punisher, i don't think as a normal human, he can take a punch from Spider-Man but it sure was fun.

I never thought Punisher had a code of honor at the begining... He had more like whatever it takes to Job done kind of attitude in punisher comics... But here, he's very conserned that he didn't kill spider-man in a honorable way... again... comics... HA ! I don't like Soldiers but i can see myself play grab ass with Punisher. jk I always wanted to read this first appereance, and i don't approve punisher's ways but oh boy, as a guy who grew up with 80s action films, does punisher pull me in ! I sometimes miss watching something one man army like a Stallone, Arnold or Ludgerin film, and Punisher is my go to thing to read at times like this. Just don't take it serious and no real humans get hurt in the making of this comics makes it ok.

Peter Parker had a social life and a fun personalty with soon to be a girl friend who loved to have fun (Marry Jane) That was different from DC... Batman for example usually has no social life... He's all about the mission. Then again i like that better 'cause you need to be bat ---- insane to be a vigilante. HA HA !

Parkers interaction with JJ. and other Daily Bugle workers were really fun to read, I have never seen a worker at Daily Planet have any deeper relationship than Parker had with Daily Bugle workers. A girl said to parker '' i know we are not close like we used to but i want you to come to my party parker'' I have never seen anything this level in DC. If these characters had a close reletaionship, and now, they are not so close but the girl shows some efford to go back to old days with his friend Parker, that's very extraordinary for a comics, a different flaivour than DC.

I haven't read this many spider-man before ... Marvel put all The Punisher appearances in Spider-Man in to The Back to The War Omnibus... This is not what i signed up for... i just want to read Punisher. I wish Punisher just put a bullet in to Spider-Man's head and save me from this torture...

It was fun to read some old Spider-Man issues and compare it to what i read from DC at the begining but i have never read this much old spider-man issues before... Spider-Man and Spider-Man again kind of made me sick and tired of Spider-Man.

They always misundestand each other and fight in Spider-Man... First Punisher and then Nightcrawler...
after a big fight, they start to talk '' you are the killer !'' ''no, you are the killer'' '' wait a minute i thought you were the killer, oh golly, sorry for beating the crap out of you'' .... why can't you just sit down and talk at the begining of your encounter, god damn it... HA HA !

And i finally came to the Daredevil vs Punisher issues of Frank Miller... I read the first issue and it was so good... After all the crapy Spider-Man stories made me wishing for corona...to just end my missery... HA HA ! Frank Miller came to my help.

Top notch art and writting. I forgot how good it was after all these years... It restored my faith in superhero comics again.

After Miller DD, there came another Spider-Man & Punisher team up... this time i didn't bother to read all of the issue, i just read Punisher's lines, and it wasn't half bad.

Finally the Punisher's first mini, but what a dissapointment it was, Punisher played right into the hand of Kingpin like an amateur. He started a gang war... as a result of this, Punisher was responsable from the death of so many innocents... I was just like, what a load of crap, Punisher acted like The Spoiler in The Batman: War Games... HA HA !

Overall, not The Best Punisher Omnibus ever... It is The Best for everyone to just stick with Garth Ennis.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 03:31 PM   #2
protector2814
Phoenix

Thanks Dark Knight! Great review! As much as I love the Punisher, my favorite of his tales are the Garth Ennis' ones. Still, like you, I do enjoy reading the older stuff.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 04:09 PM   #3
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Thanks Dark Knight! Great review! As much as I love the Punisher, my favorite of his tales are the Garth Ennis' ones. Still, like you, I do enjoy reading the older stuff.
Thanks for the kind words, Protector. I wrote my hopefuly ok reviews to get what i think about the omnibuses and books on the wild web to start a conversation and have other opinions on the omnibuses and books. It is also an english practice, keeps my Upper-Intermediate English sharp. HA HA !

Wild Web name can be a good Spider-Man book name btw... HA ! Wild Web of Spider-Man. Another Craven adventure with an internet twist or something... HA ! or May be a Cowboy Spider-Man book... HA HA !

I like to try different Punisher run Omnibuses, but i can't find them at a decent price... Punisher Max by Jason Aaron and Punisher by Rick Remender Omnibuses went really OOP... I hope there will be a reprint for them but Marvel sure keep their sweet time...
Old 05-19-2021, 06:50 PM   #4
protector2814
Phoenix

I went to a comic shop, maybe 10 years ago, & found all the Ennis' Punisher MAX hardbacks & 1&3 of the Ennis' Marvel Knights hardbacks for 50% off. I bought them all even though I had all the Ennis' Punisher comics too. I have too long boxes of Punisher comics, which include the non-Ennis comics you mentioned in your review & .... I still bought the 2 Ennis' Punisher Omnibus. I love the run that much.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 07:00 PM   #5
Mister H
Green Goblin

I wouldn’t mind seeing the Greg Rucka Punisher in OHC form.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 07:26 PM   #6
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I went to a comic shop, maybe 10 years ago, & found all the Ennis' Punisher MAX hardbacks & 1&3 of the Ennis' Marvel Knights hardbacks for 50% off. I bought them all even though I had all the Ennis' Punisher comics too. I have too long boxes of Punisher comics, which include the non-Ennis comics you mentioned in your review & .... I still bought the 2 Ennis' Punisher Omnibus. I love the run that much.
I would definetly do the same, buddy. It's worth that. I have triple dipped two time before and if i had the singles and trades of MAX and MK Punisher, i would definetly go for the omnibuses not just for MAX for Marvel Knights as well.

But i found a way to hold myself back from triple dipping all the time, i only get Omnibuses from Marvel, now. No single issues, No trades, Just Omnibuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I wouldn’t mind seeing the Greg Rucka Punisher in OHC form.
Why not an Omnibus ? his run was too short ? I definetly need more Punisher Omnibuses.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:58 PM   #7
Mister H
Green Goblin

The Rucka run was about 16 issues then he did a 5 part mini series that involved the Avengers. With omnibus books getting smaller here and there I guess they could combine all his stuff for a very small Omni. There’s plenty of older material for more Punisher omnis too.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 05:53 AM   #8
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
The Rucka run was about 16 issues then he did a 5 part mini series that involved the Avengers. With omnibus books getting smaller here and there I guess they could combine all his stuff for a very small Omni. There’s plenty of older material for more Punisher omnis too.
Rucka's Wolverine run was so short as well, just 19 issues... it seems he doesn't like to stay on a book very long. Just 16 issues. So short, then i hope Marvel publish Rucka Punisher as Deluxes some day... since i don't get soft covers anymore.