Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 04-18-2022, 11:34 AM   #321
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I do agree about not seeing certain characters. The characters that I would want would have only had a chance of being produced by Bowen most likely. Oh well, there are some that I am looking to still get that I had sold and now want back and figure will have time to do so.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 12:26 PM   #322
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I do agree about not seeing certain characters. The characters that I would want would have only had a chance of being produced by Bowen most likely. Oh well, there are some that I am looking to still get that I had sold and now want back and figure will have time to do so.
There's a small chance the KBros line with Koto could be the one, but they will have to really establish themselves and that line before they can start getting to the second and third tier characters.

But with today's price points, I don't see a company taking the risk to produce that low level of a character and just how many collectors will spend $300+ on a lesser character?
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 01:50 PM   #323
Mister H
Gen 13

There were some un-produced designs by various artists before BD stopped making statues. I wonder if the K-Bros had one of them?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 02:25 PM   #324
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
There were some un-produced designs by various artists before BD stopped making statues. I wonder if the K-Bros had one of them?
They had two that I recall: Nightcrawler and Shocker.

Shocker is the one that I would really like, and I've half-jokingly bugged them about it over the years. I've been tempted to see if they would have one made for me but I can only guess at the cost. Also not sure about the legality of it.
Old 04-18-2022, 02:45 PM   #325
mmk123

Didn’t the K-bros do the Cable statue for Koto? I know people liked it and even if it might be Bowen Scale in my opinion it was way to detailed and was not Bowen-like.
Old 04-18-2022, 02:56 PM   #326
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Didn?t the K-bros do the Cable statue for Koto? I know people liked it and even if it might be Bowen Scale in my opinion it was way to detailed and was not Bowen-like.
They did and it's the start of a whole new line. Agreed it's very detailed and wouldn't really fit in with other Bowens as far as style.
Old 04-18-2022, 10:17 PM   #327
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
I look at pics of the unproduced Baron Zemo FS every couple of months. Many people talk about the Spiral FS as the one that got away...for me it was that Zemo FS. the Icebreaker Statue is close but hes not in the classic costume, fuzzy shoulders are a must.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:57 PM   #328
mmk123

I definitely remember seeing a FS Nighthawk and new Falcon and Nightcrawler statues that looked great. I forget who designed them though.
Old 04-18-2022, 11:31 PM   #329
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I look at pics of the unproduced Baron Zemo FS every couple of months. Many people talk about the Spiral FS as the one that got away...for me it was that Zemo FS. the Icebreaker Statue is close but hes not in the classic costume, fuzzy shoulders are a must.
Would have definitely gotten Zemo.

Quote:
I definitely remember seeing a FS Nighthawk and new Falcon and Nightcrawler statues that looked great. I forget who designed them though.
Two Nighthawks. Classic and Squadron Supreme. Both looked great. Constrictor was very detailed as well.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 09:00 AM   #330
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Would have definitely gotten Zemo.
After looking that the FS, the bust has a similar head position looking to his right

i have been having fun successfully converting busts into statues and i think this may be my next project. I will cut the arm at the shoulder and elbow to reposition the arm holding the sword like the statue, waist down and sculpt a cool castle base.

I wanted an Action Hobgoblin on his glider. Randy never gave that to us, so i made it myself came out pretty cool, im sure this would be pretty cool as well.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote