Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #111
Alpha_Flight
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Pallet swaps were there in MK1 with Sub, Scorp, and Reptile. Even Ermac (rumor with error message and red ninja).
Ya, but the whole deal of Scorpion is that he was a spectre in a yellow costume (For cowardice) mocking the Lin Kuei (Who in my eyes are the real deal ninjas).

Reptile was a secret boss fight in the pit and Ermac can't really count as he was a glitch and wasn't integrated until UMK3.

Don't get me wrong, I like the ninjas, but MK went way OTT with the palet swapping. MK9 is cool, as they all look unique.

But I'm a sucker for classic as everyone knows, so MK1 and MK2 are still the most definitive look for the ninjas IMO. I still don't get the costumes for the ninjas in UMK3 (They make no sense, not "ninja" in any way of the word)??

Still not too keen on anything post MK2.. but ya, I'm old like that haha.
Alpha_Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #112
Sinister Mister
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I don't know, to me, since Jerry went with MK3/UMK3 for the classic look of Scorpion, then that kind of sets the precedent for how all the future ninjas should look too. I don't want to display MK3/UMK3 Scorpion with say MK1 Sub-Zero and MK2 Reptile. I would want Sub-Zero, Reptile and Ermac all to be in their traditional ninja garb circa MK3/UMK3 but just in different poses with their different colored eyes.

I hope Jerry will just stick with UMK3/MK3 for the classic looks for all the characters who actually appeared in that game and only look to MK1 and MK2 for the characters who weren't in UMK3/MK3 like Raiden, Baraka, Goro etc. because I've always thought that of all the 2D MK's, MK3/UMK3 had the best look for the characters. Very gritty and comic book esque. Of all the versions of Shang Tsung for example, I prefer MK3's look most of all. That looks like and evil sorcerer to me. I wouldn't mind a one off old man Shang Tsung from MK1, but if it came down to only one version of the character than MK3 Shang Tsung would be the one for me hands down.
Sinister Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #113
artofgarduno

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
For sure we need a classic sub-zero to match Scorpion ASAP. I think most of us interested in this line would buy them as a pair in a heartbeat.

With Reptile or Smoke though I would like to see the MK2 outfit:

Plus it was their (official) debut - epic characters to bring in. Also I think with the MK2 ninja outfit it would be cool to see a tailored stitched costume - I think that's the best way to match the look of the attire and it would give it more of a real world look (which is especially suited to MK).
DOnt post this reptile in this stance. I dont want Jerry thinking this is reptiles stance!!!!!!
artofgarduno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #114
CelestaDragon93
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofgarduno View Post
DOnt post this reptile in this stance. I dont want Jerry thinking this is reptiles stance!!!!!!
I have a .gif of Reptile from MK2. Are you talking about this stance?

Anyway, it's nice to see klassic MK being brought to life. Seeing UMK3 Scorpion brings back memories.

~Jennifer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reptilemk2.gif
Views:	4
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	73058  
CelestaDragon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #115
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Are they going to do switchout heads for these? Like the skull for Scorpion.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #116
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I think Sub should be UMK3 to match Scorp but I am fine with others being from MK1 and MK2. Classic MK refers to MK1 through UMK3 to most.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #117
artofgarduno

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestaDragon93 View Post
I have a .gif of Reptile from MK2. Are you talking about this stance?

Anyway, it's nice to see klassic MK being brought to life. Seeing UMK3 Scorpion brings back memories.

~Jennifer
Hell yeah, now this is classic reptile. Aww the memories. I WANT THIS MADE INTO A STATUE!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	althani.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	73065  
Old 07-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #118
CelestaDragon93

Oh wow that's a nice car!

I forgot to mention, how about doing klassic MK win poses? Just an idea to add to the fight poses.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #119
artofgarduno

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestaDragon93 View Post
Oh wow that's a nice car!

I forgot to mention, how about doing klassic MK win poses? Just an idea to add to the fight poses.
The only thing about doing that is I dont think it would work with todays collectors. The win poses for the classic characters were a bit corny, probably because the classic win poses were from the 90's and are out of date now. And the car is a Lamborghini Avendtador. 400,000.00
Old 07-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #120
CelestaDragon93

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofgarduno View Post
The only thing about doing that is I dont think it would work with todays collectors. The win poses for the classic characters were a bit corny, probably because the classic win poses were from the 90's and are out of date now. And the car is a Lamborghini Avendtador. 400,000.00
Some win poses such as Raiden and Goro's from MK1, Kitana and Mileena's from MK2 may work. The others were a little cheesy, I agree.

Lamborghinis are cool. Expensive but cool.