Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 12-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #11
Agähnim
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Thanks for the feedback! I think if I do decide to stay in this field and take some kind of management position, I'll probably start my own thing where it's just a one man shop sort of thing rather than run a business with people under me. I'd probably do that more as a side job than an actual business though (family, friends, neighbors).

I don't know what the reality is of people doing what they really set out to do but, I was always undecided while growing up. I've held many odd jobs and I was never really satisfied with most of them. I ended up lasting a while in this one because of the fact that I got to work alone most of the time. To some people that may sound depressing but, I enjoy it. I've always been considered an introvert so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

I'm no entrepreneur by any means but, I always wanted to open a one man shop/family business of some kind.. Just never could figure out what kind of business to start though.

Cool chart btw It's always interesting to see how people start off the way they do. I've recently been reading into that topic of people who've had life changing experiences either by accident or by their own goals that they set out to achieve in hopes of helping me find wth I want to do in life.
Agähnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:26 PM   #12
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I've heard good things about Wal-Mart greeters. They'll get you a scooter for your back problems

PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 04:31 PM   #13
Agähnim
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

That's definitely a possibility but, the market here is pretty competitive considering I live in central FL. Too many old people to compete with

After reading Sharkeys comment, I thought about it and may try to consider going into the IT field. It was something that I felt the most interest for coming out of high school and I even managed to get a couple college certifications in computer networking a while back but, for whatever reason, I stuck with the line of work I was doing at the time and never perused that field. Our company provides a/c service for a major service provider down here and with their maintenance coming up, I may have a chat with a few of their techs to get a feel for what it may take to start off in that field.
Agähnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #14
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
All the best, man. Sound advice from the gang here. And yes, hats off to ya for having the house paid off already.

Lord knows thinking about starting over from scratch is a worrying thought that I have had every now and then.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:31 PM   #15
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedlNl View Post
Hey im quitting my job next year and ill be 30, of corse you can make the switch, just gotta find what you like. And to all those people thinking they missed their boat when they were younger, think again:

Super inspiring graphic. Thank you for sharing this
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote