Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-29-2021, 04:45 PM   #1101
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Batman Statue Collector video is up and all can say is what happen?
First on youtube !!!

He doesn't have it. These are the same short vids from the facebook uploader pasted together.

Atm, i'm curious about how it is boxed and how many/size/weight etc..
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:05 PM   #1102
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Saw that video & not cancelling mine. Got to say though, the City Hunter is a way better value for it's fair price tag. This Jungle Hunter should of been $200 -$250 cheaper based on the paint job imo...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:09 PM   #1103
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Just watched all of those videos, I appreciate the effort whoever made them. They show it off much better and have put my mind about a couple of things at rest. I will say that it sadly hasn't lived up to the kind of paint quality that I was hoping for and expecting tbh. Some of it, the spotting on the legs for example is no better than Sideshow would offer. The level of disapointment were seeing here for a pretty awesome statue isn't just us "picky Predator collectors" at it again. It's mostly Prime 1's fault for having such high standards for so many years and creating a certain level of expectation for themselves, they have started slipping a bit recently, while our expectations for them are still very high. But even with less than stellar paint, it is still right up there as one of the best mass produced Predator statues we've ever seen. It isn't the train wreck that we all feared it might be after the first images. It just isn't proto quality like some of their other products either. I plan to keep my order locked in unless they screw us with the shipping costs.
Exactly we’ve seen how great the quality is on the final product on most of there releases and it sucks there dropping that level of quality now

For me the tipping point was there 1/3 lobo that thing was nowhere near the prototype the paint was a mess and people were agreeing it was nowhere near as good as the prototype but still settle on it and I mean it’s fine if people still got it and love it but my thing is we have to be careful with just settling for less this is not a cheap hobby and especially a company like prime 1 who is known for there insane quality and the final products coming crazy close to the prototypes and now there cutting corners I’m sorry but spending all this money on rush jobs isn’t good we can’t let them start this habit cause it will continue and where seeing the signs little by little especially when prime 1 is making these pieces more and more expensive more money for less quality come on lol crazy
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:23 PM   #1104
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Got to say though, the City Hunter is a way better value for it's fair price tag. This Jungle Hunter should of been $200 -$250 cheaper imo...
Agreed on both counts. Despite some quality drops on the CH, it's still better than the JH and Sideshow CH -- and costs less than either of them. That, together with the small edition size, should keep its value strong over time.

This one's fighting an uphill battle to begin with, its only advantage being that it's a more popular design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angronsrage1 View Post
it’s fine if people still got it and love it but my thing is we have to be careful with just settling for less... we can’t let them start this habit
Are you sure you're not just being a hater?
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:45 PM   #1105
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Agreed on both counts. Despite some quality drops on the CH, it's still better than the JH and Sideshow CH -- and costs less than either of them. That, together with the small edition size, should keep its value strong over time.

This one's fighting an uphill battle to begin with, its only advantage being that it's a more popular design.

Are you sure you're not just being a hater?
Yea, agreed... I still have the old school 1/6 Sideshow JH diorama on the tree & like it better than their P1 & P2 SS Maquette's. I passed on those. They looked like manaiquine dummies in a clothing store. They did nothing for me...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:51 PM   #1106
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
First on youtube !!!

He doesn't have it. These are the same short vids from the facebook uploader pasted together.

Atm, i'm curious about how it is boxed and how many/size/weight etc..
Yeah it's literally the same thing that's already been posted :P
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 06:21 PM   #1107
Angronsrage1

Are you sure you're not just being a hater? [/QUOTE]

A hater of what ???
Old 04-29-2021, 07:45 PM   #1108
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

[QUOTE=Blade3327;5948515]Agreed, they're a clearer look than the photos, but not perfect. That harsh light is still preventing us from seeing what's really happening with the spots on the head.

Honestly, if an experienced photographer can only make this thing look good and not great, the issue lies with the statue. I look forward to seeing more images as always, but I don't think there are many surprises left. This isn't going to do a complete 180.

Part of me thinks seeing the really crappy images first has primed (no pun intended) many collectors into accepting a statue that is merely so-so, because seeing anything even remotely better afterwards will feel like a relief to them. I fear we were advertised a 10/10, shown a 4/10 to drive expectations into the ground, and will receive a 6/10 which we're expected to perceive as a miraculous turnaround.[/QUOTEHave to agree with your sentiments here I really want to love this and it's still really cool but not what I ordered from the proto ...Prime 1 was always a safe bet as the product you received was as good or close to proto ...I'm not sure I'm willing to compromise here...Tough decisions for sure this and Sauron I was really looking forward to but now I'm questioning my decisions if I'll accept high priced promises that aren't delivering what they advertised...I know I'm being harsh probably but my true feelings.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 08:30 PM   #1109
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Cancelled mine decided not to accept sub par work actually made me decide to cancel all my orders but Sauron I'll wait and see if they lift there game... If the pics come out good from that I'll keep it ...Bummed out was looking forward to this for a long time for the price and shipping its gotta be spot on...Hard to sell anything on from Tasmania so it's gotta make me feel excited to own which it isn't sadly at that price.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:10 PM   #1110
Angronsrage1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
Cancelled mine decided not to accept sub par work actually made me decide to cancel all my orders but Sauron I'll wait and see if they lift there game... If the pics come out good from that I'll keep it ...Bummed out was looking forward to this for a long time for the price and shipping its gotta be spot on...Hard to sell anything on from Tasmania so it's gotta make me feel excited to own which it isn't sadly at that price.
Don’t feel too bad about it

It’s what you feel and you said it perfect if your not excited about it than what’s the point and to except sub par work we’re doing a lot of damage to the hobby because the quality with drop tremendously if we allow them to get away with just rushing these things out looking like crap while making a fortune on poor work

And I got Sauron on pre Oder too I’m praying he comes out near perfect I’m really nervous especially after the lobo and this predator