Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-08-2021, 10:14 PM   #281
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Yup, the 1:6 Rebirth line is dead in the water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Only announcement they’ve made is for the Green Arrow. We need a Hawkgirl and Zatanna of our own at the very least. Instead 1:4 got all the love in their announcements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateon View Post
Second that. Of 36 days of reveals 1/6 line got 1 (one) announcement of a top tier character. So top tier that Batman does not have a contingency plan for him...

I personally do not hold my breath anymore. Besides the competitor is doing a great job with his 1/6 line.
That Joker is above and beyond of what XM introduced with their version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateon View Post
1) Having 1 reveal in 6 months hardly signals that the line is alive. Or would you care to elaborate how exactly it is? Add here the fact that XM has taken Doomsday and Supergirl from 1/6 to move them to 1/4. Ppl are somewhat irritated and rightfully so.

2) Next point: “You've gotten alot more out of the Rebirth line than many other collectors get from other lines in such a short amount of time.”
So again is used the argument: 35 announced 1/4 is normal, but wanting more 1/6 - is not.
I am one of the customers who supported XM 1/6 line investing into it. And should not care about other companies cause my attention and money (as a result) went to XM.
Eventually they got rights for 1/4 DC line - congratulations. Good for them.
Previously XM managed to combine releasing 1/4 and 1/6 statues giving each group of its’ customers something. Based on visible indications it is no longer the case.
Reacting to this is my right.

3) “They give you a reveal letting you know the line is still going but because XM does 40 other reveals I hear panic.
Who is panicing? My money went the direction of that EX Joker that was sold out in like 24 hours. Competition is there. Then again - regardless of what they say there is what they do.

Another thing - as was mentioned right in this thread judging by the number of reveals XM is very likely announcing plans for coming years not months.
Due to there is only so much the factory can produce at any given time - each 1/4 statue delays production of another 1/4 or 1/6 statue. Therefore chances are high that what ever XM will introduce in 1/6 will be down the line - like 1-2 years from now.

My prepaid Catwoman was not in shipping schedule till and including August 2021. And it was revealed back in summer 2019 with PO sometime spring 2020.
See the above quotes.

Nobody is telling how to feel or react. Just trying to understand it. The way I read it is sensei thinks XM is shutting Rebirth down and you agree. If I misunderstood then that's on me.

But for those who are worried just look at the lines that XM had before they started 1/6. Samurai didn't stop. X-Men is still ongoing. Avengers is still ongoing. Pretty sure they all had periods where new reveals slowed but then picked back up. They seem to stick with lines that have a good amount of success and this is one of them, that's all I'm saying.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 11:03 PM   #282
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

I'm going to be honest these Batman variants are dumb....nobody asked or wanted this period.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 11:26 PM   #283
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
I'm going to be honest these Batman variants are dumb as hell....nobody asked or wanted this period.
Agreed. Would've been better off if long-time characters were teased instead. Tried and true characters like Firestorm, Nightwing, Deathstroke, Dr. Fate, Star Sapphire, Big Barda, Riddler, Two Face, Penguin, etc ...would've been better.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 11:28 PM   #284
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Agreed. Would've been better off if long-time characters were teased instead. Tried and true characters like Firestorm, Nightwing, Deathstroke, Dr. Fate, Star Sapphire, Big Barda, etc ...would've been better.
I would freaking love Star Sapphire lol
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:33 AM   #285
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
See the above quotes.

Nobody is telling how to feel or react. Just trying to understand it. The way I read it is sensei thinks XM is shutting Rebirth down and you agree. If I misunderstood then that's on me.

But for those who are worried just look at the lines that XM had before they started 1/6. Samurai didn't stop. X-Men is still ongoing. Avengers is still ongoing. Pretty sure they all had periods where new reveals slowed but then picked back up. They seem to stick with lines that have a good amount of success and this is one of them, that's all I'm saying.
Ppl analyze the situation based on what is.
What will possibly happen - is not something anyone but XM could know.

If they spent last month doing reveals of products to come next year/-s. It only makes sense to reveal their plans for 1/6 line. What they actually shared - is what 1/6 fans are reacting to.

Everything is changing - ppl and companies alike.
While one could wish that one’s actions in the past are to be an indication of things to come. Life is full of examples when it is not the case.

I am open for all those possible reveals XM may have.
But until then will base my perception on the actual information out there.

Peace.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:19 AM   #286
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Ang Seng said more than ones that there will be more 1/6 statues for the Rebirth line. Now it´s 1/4 time, just wait.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:30 AM   #287
qz33
Rescue

Why it's great XM is doing this:

While it is true many of these statues may never see the light of day how many statues and lines are sold on possibilities? Sculpt 1 statue at a time and everybody pine and pine for this character and that.

Well XM is making announcements and showing renders and finished statues to get feedback and ideas. Don't care for the empty announcements but making sculpts and concepts and painting: that's what a producer is supposed to do.

Actual production and bringing to market is the extremely risky bit. I'd rather see a company putting in work on what they can do than waiting to see sales results and trends to see what they want to consider next. Not even XM knows what they will do in 2-3 years even with the best laid plans.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:52 AM   #288
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
I'm going to be honest these Batman variants are dumb as hell....nobody asked or wanted this period.
I'm legit worried for XM. I hope they can move these incredibly niche statues. Wish they'd just expand their Marvel Cosmic line.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:58 AM   #289
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Ang Seng said more than ones that there will be more 1/6 statues for the Rebirth line. Now it´s 1/4 time, just wait.
1 more is still more. We’ll see.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 06:06 AM   #290
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Wrong Picture.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote