Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-17-2021, 09:30 AM   #531
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
Man I keep going back and forth on this.
I sold all my Mythos a few years ago because I'm focusing my collection more....
but this looks awesome,
but it's almost $600,
but it looks great,
but it might appreciate,
but I don't collect Star Wars anymore,
but I love her character,
But will I regret if I don't get her,
but is it just fomo,
but she looks great,
but my wife will kill me if it show up on the doorstep in a few days,
but she looks great!
For that price it should be 1/4 scale.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:05 AM   #532
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The price point of the new Mythos line is the main thing holding me back from ordering.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:07 AM   #533
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
For that price it should be 1/4 scale.
Is this only 1/6? It does look like 1/3 of the statue is the base, maybe a little more, and at 23 inches, I guess the full height of the character isn't more than 15 inches. Well damn, welcome to inflation land. With all the fiscal budget deficits since forever and now the unprecedented money printing for the Corona stimulus and from the Fed, this will continue to be a trend.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:15 AM   #534
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

It’s 1/5 scale.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:23 AM   #535
Bubsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
It’s 1/5 scale.
Thanks, then I guess the inflation is a little better lol. Has Mythos always been 1/5? I'm starting to question whether the new PF Spider-man Symbiote is 1/4 now lol.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:51 AM   #536
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
Thanks, then I guess the inflation is a little better lol. Has Mythos always been 1/5? I'm starting to question whether the new PF Spider-man Symbiote is 1/4 now lol.
Yep, they have always been 1/5, though the original Maul Mythos is a little undersized, but it was also only like $250 originally.
Old 03-17-2021, 11:58 AM   #537
Ljaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
The price point of the new Mythos line is the main thing holding me back from ordering.
Same
Ljaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 01:04 PM   #538
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I don't talk myself into a statue. It's overpriced for me because I've been in this game long enough to know that inflation aside, corner cutting is a rule with almost everything from every manufacturer now, that you have to decide if you're okay with what was cut. I went back and forth on this one too, but went back to my first impression. I'm more impressed by the K bros skills than I am about this rendition of the character, so I know I would've gotten rid of this in the future anyway.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 01:42 PM   #539
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
I don't talk myself into a statue. It's overpriced for me because I've been in this game long enough to know that inflation aside, corner cutting is a rule with almost everything from every manufacturer now, that you have to decide if you're okay with what was cut. I went back and forth on this one too, but went back to my first impression. I'm more impressed by the K bros skills than I am about this rendition of the character, so I know I would've gotten rid of this in the future anyway.
It’s a great piece, but what are you displaying it with? It basically demands you buy complimentary pieces which is what sinks it for me. Otherwise it’s just an odd 1/5 scale mixed in. K bros did kill it though.
Old 03-17-2021, 02:29 PM   #540
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
It’s a great piece, but what are you displaying it with? It basically demands you buy complimentary pieces which is what sinks it for me. Otherwise it’s just an odd 1/5 scale mixed in. K bros did kill it though.
Oh no, I didn't actually buy Asajj. I talked myself into it despite the price bothering me, but ultimately backed out. I considered the pairing with Maul or Palpatine but when you're looking at $1200+ down for two smaller statues I said forget it. I do love the idea of this Asajj with the SS art print and the FX sabers, but I'm just not so into the character for that.

That said, what drew me in was the K Bros' mastery of sculpted fabrics. I like statues that push the boundaries of polystone in a way I haven't seen before, and this was it.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote