Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-02-2018, 03:20 PM   #41
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So do you think it is safe to predict that this wont be shipping until 2019? Especially with their new PO policy of only 1 license per month?
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:22 PM   #42
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
So do you think it is safe to predict that this wont be shipping until 2019? Especially with their new PO policy of only 1 license per month?
Seems likely. Both the Wonder Woman and Superman PFs are Dec 2018-Feb 2019.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:49 PM   #43
captoz
Nightwing

Are the bases getting smaller though? Namor and Medusa had huge bases, but they are kind of special pieces and the were warranted imo. The only others I bought that have huge bases are She-Hulk and Panther, both of whom I agree that the bases were actually too large.

However, from the previews, Dark Phoenix, Weapon X and Magneto all have large bases still. Is it the Spidey figures, which I don't collect, that have smaller bases?

I am hoping XM do the X-Men with smaller bases, primarily because it is easier to display them that way. If their bases are all massive, I will buy less as will run out of room and would imagine others will have to also.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:40 PM   #44
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
This argument would hold water with me if the chair wasn't the entire essence of the character. It's like creating Darkness without the minions.
The chair is certainly an iconic visual identifier for him but being bound to a wheelchair is the entire essence of his character is a stretch. His personality and powers are the entire essence of his character.

For statue, Prof X in wheelchair is fine as a work of art, but as a character in a Universe with many technology advances and as a man who has had various healers on his team, being in a wheelchair in stories makes absolutely no logical sense anymore. If you can acquire the means to walk, why wouldn’t you want to walk? Between Elixir, Magneto, and anything else, Prof X no longer needs a wheelchair. I liked the past 10 years or so of Prof. X walking on his own and getting into more action although he’s died twice now being in on more action. The chair is fine, but I’d buy a walking Xavier, too, because I like Prof. X enough, wheelchair, hoverchair or not.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:22 PM   #45
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Seems they are doing two different versions of this - modern and classic, so each person will pick which one they want. Approximately 1:38:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M5BLDV5RR8
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:58 PM   #46
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So the hover chair and wheel chair will be two separate statues. The wheel chair one has the much better switch out with Prof X holding magnetos helmet. Sucks you have to buy the wheel chair one to get that switch out if you want the hover chair. Bryan did say that the arms are interchangeable between both statues though. If this is the case, I dont see why they cant just throw in the magneto helmet arm with the hover chair version as well. It could be sold as an extra add-on and it wouldn't cost extra in shipping.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:02 PM   #47
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2S5PtPo5tg&t=0s
Exclusive XM images by radd titans. Love the professor X sculpts.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:58 AM   #48
aurinho6
Doh!

Awesome statue !!!
aurinho6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:55 AM   #49
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Given the options - I think the regular wheelchair has a great look and the best switch-out option. I think the Magneto helmet is going to make that piece move off their shelves - extra bonus that Bryan said that is the “cheaper” version of Prof X

As a side ore, I’m shocked nobody has started a XM Starlord thread. That piece looks amazing! Love their costume choice. I really hope it means that line is moving again. XM is my only hope for an original costumes Angela.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:21 AM   #50
Shaughn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Given the options - I think the regular wheelchair has a great look and the best switch-out option. I think the Magneto helmet is going to make that piece move off their shelves - extra bonus that Bryan said that is the “cheaper” version of Prof X

As a side ore, I’m shocked nobody has started a XM Starlord thread. That piece looks amazing! Love their costume choice. I really hope it means that line is moving again. XM is my only hope for an original costumes Angela.
I agree, lower price, better (must have) switch out makes the wheelchair version much more attractive. but I really want that hover chair with that magneto arm. I'm pretty sure XM can make that happen, since the arms can fit in both pieces.

Also an original Angela would be amazing. and if they could get Caleb to sculpt it like he did that new thor, it would be insane.