Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-21-2015, 03:03 PM   #1501
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I like the other print art more. In my opinion, there is too much focus on everything but the character. I also don't like seeing her lazily slouched on crates. I see her as a more regal character.
A crowd bowing to a figure on a throne (crates?), certainly denotes regality. Her posture suggest a relaxed and confident show of force within her little corner of the Underworld. We are seeing totally different paintings.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #1502
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Anybody have a link to where this new print was found. I'm unable to view the pic on here
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:09 PM   #1503
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
If they'd put all this effort and energy into QC for the statues, they might become a success of which other products may profit. Poor quality on the Queen is the main reason I canceled all court pieces. Great concepts, but poor quality.
Exactly, this COTD line has it's own separate website, tons of amazing art, comics, graphic novels, stickers, patches, pins, expensive jewellery, huge tent enclosures at SDCC, and yet with all this effort the Queen which was the first official statue from the line is generally considered a huge let down due to the quality control issues she had, you'd have thought that since the court is his own creation Tom Gilliland would have made sure the production Queen was perfect.

There's a lot riding on the quality of Red Death and the Siren that's for sure.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:55 PM   #1504
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

well...I don't own the original....so im glad they are re releasing it.

If you own the original and did not sell it when it was worth 3k.......then clearly your not planning on selling it.

so why do you care if others get to enjoy the statue now also.

I guess I only feel bad for those who recently paid 3k for it just to have the new one released probably for like 600-700........then again the writing has been on the wall for over a year that they would be doing this......so if you recently bought this for 3k....enjoy it
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:14 PM   #1505
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post

If you own the original and did not sell it when it was worth 3k.......then clearly your not planning on selling it.

I guess I only feel bad for those who recently paid 3k for it just to have the new one released probably for like 600-700........then again the writing has been on the wall for over a year that they would be doing this......so if you recently bought this for 3k....enjoy it
Pretty sure this is the wrong thread?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:04 PM   #1506
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathis View Post
I like the Prints, and the other Merchandise they are pushing with this line, but I will personally stick to JUST the statues.

I really do appreciate all the work they are putting in to make this world come alive, but I have to stick with just the statue art.
Agreed. I would however purchase graphic novels of all the stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Exactly, this COTD line has it's own separate website, tons of amazing art, comics, graphic novels, stickers, patches, pins, expensive jewellery, huge tent enclosures at SDCC, and yet with all this effort the Queen which was the first official statue from the line is generally considered a huge let down due to the quality control issues she had, you'd have thought that since the court is his own creation Tom Gilliland would have made sure the production Queen was perfect.

There's a lot riding on the quality of Red Death and the Siren that's for sure.
Well, I think you're going too far with qualifying the Queen as a "general disappointment". I'd say the majority of owners were MORE than pleased with her. The QC issues were a handful of customers who never seem to be pleased with anything, but utter, unrealistic perfection.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:25 PM   #1507
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post

What are you talking about.. no way in hell this is gonna be sold for 600-700 lol. Even og with the dog is over $750. After all this is sideshow we're talking about here.. prices go UP not down. And really people need to stop crying about this.. the original will ALWAYS be worth more then this one by a large margin
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:40 PM   #1508
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
A crowd bowing to a figure on a throne (crates?), certainly denotes regality. Her posture suggest a relaxed and confident show of force within her little corner of the Underworld. We are seeing totally different paintings.
Yes, the throne looks like stacked crates/boxes. I think the pose is way too relaxed, like a couch potato. A woman wouldn't put her leg up like that. A pose like that is just sloppy and IMO doesn't demand respect. She needs to have better posture. As a woman, I would never sit like that, ever. It just doesn't make sense to me. She has a considerable amount of clothing and armor too.

Something like this would have been better:
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:51 PM   #1509
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Well, I think you're going too far with qualifying the Queen as a "general disappointment". I'd say the majority of owners were MORE than pleased with her. The QC issues were a handful of customers who never seem to be pleased with anything, but utter, unrealistic perfection.
Yeah, I think this is generally the case in these situations. The vocal minority, many of which are some of pickiest people on these boards. I haven't purchased the Queen yet, but I have a buddy who did and he got a really nice one and was ultimately thrilled with it.

I do have to admit that pieces got by quality control that never should have gotten by. For example, one of pictures posted up, the tattoo on her back was way off center and it looked like crap. That should have never gotten by quality control. That being said, only one person posted pictures with that problem. We would have seen more if that was a widespread problem.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:30 AM   #1510
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Yeah, I think this is generally the case in these situations. The vocal minority, many of which are some of pickiest people on these boards. I haven't purchased the Queen yet, but I have a buddy who did and he got a really nice one and was ultimately thrilled with it.

I do have to admit that pieces got by quality control that never should have gotten by. For example, one of pictures posted up, the tattoo on her back was way off center and it looked like crap. That should have never gotten by quality control. That being said, only one person posted pictures with that problem. We would have seen more if that was a widespread problem.
ALL four of the pieces I got had a bad tattoo along with other issues. I would say that the statue had issues. I am fine with the tattoo being off center but when it was applied badly and then they touched it up with paint...not good. They piece i have now has a chain rub and messy tattoo. I thought i could just live with it but it just annoys me. I will probably throw it on eBay and take a loss.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote