Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-23-2019, 08:07 AM   #41
Ezhil
Mephisto

This is a separate scale piece like no other in 1/8 th scale.so the gate adds the diorama
Ezhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:28 AM   #42
TheLostLogan
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhil View Post
No one can create every scene in statue accurately .some kind of artistic liberation must be accepted by fans.i mean there is no gross mistake if the banner falls on the rex while fighting
For me the problem is not the creative liberty, scale or banner... it’s about the fact that this is coming across as a ‘half-assed’ product because P1 had well over a year to come up with a base that represents their creative/story telling values, but instead they clearly waited last minute and decided to copy Chronicle to save money and time to focus on other projects. Then they throw a JP gate on the front to probably avoid being sued by Chronicle. It just feels like a complete insult to the consumer because they clearly didn’t take the time to make it their own. If they could do it for the Mosasaur, then they can do if for the Rotunda. This is the MOST ICONIC moment in the entire franchise and it needs to be right on all levels.
TheLostLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:31 AM   #43
Ezhil
Mephisto

If anyone has good suggestions we can press prime one for add-ons but don't suggest to remove what we got now atleast
Old 07-23-2019, 08:39 AM   #44
Ezhil
Mephisto

The real shock waiting for us that it may be vinyl for its size or falsified as polystone.kindly clear from prime one first
Old 07-23-2019, 08:54 AM   #45
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Eye color looks wrong. Looks orange instead of yellow.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:06 AM   #46
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Prime 1 Studios had a good idea with this, but the wrong approach.For one, the base distracts too much from the T Rex itself, and the base would be better without the Jurassic Park gate sign.Also, P1's version depicts the scene where the Raptors are attacking the T Rex, which at that point, the banner wasn't falling to the ground, but aside from these little hiccups, it's a great piece.
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:11 AM   #47
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
Interesting, I thought the gate was a nice touch. Either way, the sculpt is miles ahead of the "other" rotunda Rex that's currently up for order elsewhere
I guess I just dont think it belongs in the scene.. its just the top part and seems tacked on to me. Not a deal killer but I dont see the point of it.. its already obvious this is jurassic park
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:18 AM   #48
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostLogan View Post
For me the problem is not the creative liberty, scale or banner... it’s about the fact that this is coming across as a ‘half-assed’ product because P1 had well over a year to come up with a base that represents their creative/story telling values, but instead they clearly waited last minute and decided to copy Chronicle to save money and time to focus on other projects. Then they throw a JP gate on the front to probably avoid being sued by Chronicle. It just feels like a complete insult to the consumer because they clearly didn’t take the time to make it their own. If they could do it for the Mosasaur, then they can do if for the Rotunda. This is the MOST ICONIC moment in the entire franchise and it needs to be right on all levels.
I don't agree with this line of thinking because Prime 1 did not "copy" Chronicle. Like someone else mentioned both companies designed the base based on the movie scene which to my understanding most collectors want a scene straight out of the movie. Chronicle was the first to strike and was not really "creative" with the base. They just pulled some elements from the movie. Prime 1 did the same thing and it should not be a negative. The question is who did it better. Not who copied what, because it is the same movie license and the same scene.

P.S. the gate still sucks lol.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:58 AM   #49
clutch
Sailor Moon

Hopefully the raptor will be removeable. The lighting at that place sucks. Makes everything look yellow. I hope the raptors are different in color than the T-Rex.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:12 AM   #50
Ezhil
Mephisto

The raptor and rex are same colour in the movie.if fans want the gate removed then it should be a add on.i personally like it.it should be made removable.

Those who have problem with the scene,if the biting raptor is removable,then u have it,rexy roaring with banner falling with dead raptor on ground.

The rex doesn't seem to roar ,he is crying in pain or trying to get the raptor in his jaw