Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-06-2021, 02:01 PM   #2321
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Then consider the popularity. No other character would warrant this effort.
I'd love for Prime 1 to release a truly movie-accurate Alien Warrior or Big Chap. Something like what Mamegyorai did with their 1/3, but with a better paint job (which isn't hard to achieve).

Wonder if these will all be different colored LEDs or just translucent bits with white LEDs underneath.

Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:09 PM   #2322
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
If you mean if they'll do the countdown sequence like in the movie when the Predator arms the nuclear bomb, i asked P1 about that, and they said it won't.........
To behave like the movie, they'd probably need to change from the gauntlet being backlit with LEDs, to several small LCD screens (6 screens plus circuit board programmed to control them...) with symbols that can be animated... I suppose if everyone wanted to spend another few hundred dollars, then...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:19 PM   #2323
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
To behave like the movie, they'd probably need to change from the gauntlet being backlit with LEDs, to several small LCD screens with symbols that can be animated... I suppose if everyone wanted to spend another few hundred dollars, then...
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:40 PM   #2324
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I'd love for Prime 1 to release a truly movie-accurate Alien Warrior or Big Chap. Something like what Mamegyorai did with their 1/3, but with a better paint job (which isn't hard to achieve).

Wonder if these will all be different colored LEDs or just translucent bits with white LEDs underneath.

Is the Prime 1 alien warrior not accurate? The ones that supposed to be release later this year. I was really thinking about getting it to pair with this guy.
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:41 PM   #2325
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I love my 1/4 P1 Predator so much but I think I am going to get this... Its just too great. Might be the most film accurate statue of any film based statues. Just looks like a treat to own.. And this pic calls out to me...

I may have to stay away for a bit and really think about this. Space is more of an issue than funds.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:46 PM   #2326
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

this piece has set the standard with attention to detail and accuracy. We are BLESSED to have "J", or who ever is looking over the development of this piece with such fine attention to minute details.

On the P1 FB group, it's funny people are annoyed that the Predator is getting this level of attention and this many revisions, and other pieces seem to get not even close of the attention this piece is getting.

the answer is simple, in Prime 1's own words:

The importance of this statue simply cannot be overstated.

Obviously the BIG SHOTS at Prime 1 LOVE (1987) Predator the film and (1987) Predator the character. It's Arnold's best movie and it's the my favorite movie all-time without question. This character is without a doubt the #1 Movie Monster in the past 30+ Years, and arguably the greatest movie monster ever. He is the most intriguing and has the most personality of any of the on-screen monsters, and on-screen "killers" (well maybe aside from the Chucky, Freddy & Lepracaughn...cause all 3 of them are characters).

Prime 1 is using this character and this specific piece to elevate their company into a league of their own. not to mention, the competition for this piece is stiffer competition than any other piece or property there is. o CM, hand sculpted by Steve Wang who's hands worked on creating the predator and Stan Winston and Josh Rosengrant (Sideshow Maquette) who's hands and minds created the Predator. I'm sorry the competition doesn't get stiffer than that, in fact i can't think of another statue that had to out-do such definitive pieces before...which is why Prime 1 brought their A++++++++ game with this piece.

for us Predator fans, this is a PERFECT STORM of AWESOMENESS, and we are blessed to have Prime 1 delivering this piece to us. It's a dream come true, actually it's beyond my wildest dreams of what we would ever have the opportunity to own.

THANK YOU Prime 1

Agree with all of this.. Though I have never been a fan of the CM version. I think Prime 1 set the standard with their 1/4 piece and then promptly beat that standard with this one lol
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:48 PM   #2327
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
I love my 1/4 P1 Predator so much but I think I am going to get this... Its just too great. Might be the most film accurate statue of any film based statues. Just looks like a treat to own.. And this pic calls out to me...

I may have to stay away for a bit and really think about this. Space is more of an issue than funds.
Hey JAWS, if you've only got a limited amount of space, and can only display 1 statue around the 1/3 Jungle Hunter's size, you should get the 1/3 Jungle Hunter, as it's the most screen accurate Jungle Hunter we'll ever get, and if you pass on it, you may regret it later.......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:52 PM   #2328
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
Is the Prime 1 alien warrior not accurate? The ones that supposed to be release later this year. I was really thinking about getting it to pair with this guy.
The sculpt is idealized. Not quite like the puppet, not quite like the suit, sort of a mish-mash of details from both with some streamlining done. They outsourced the Warrior and Big Chap to an extremely talented Alien sculptor and he did a beautiful job -- arguably the best so far -- but they didn't go back to fix the issues the way they do here.

Paintwise, the Warrior is not accurate either; we know that the Aliens were brown and the studio lighting made them appear blue, but whatever side of that debate you choose, the color should definitely be brighter. The highlights need to pop. That's something CoolProps got right. The Prime 1 is dark and muddy by comparison.

Also, the 1/3 Warrior is marketed as a "comics" piece. The Big Chap, while movie-licensed, is labeled as a "non-scale wall art." I think they can't produce film-licensed 1/3 Aliens so they either have to hide the scale and format or call it a comics piece.

They seem to have the same limitation with 1/4 Predators. That's why the 1/4 City Hunter was a wall art and the 1/4(ish) Jungle Hunter was a comics piece.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 03:23 PM   #2329
Python
Omega Red

Oh man, this thing just keeps on getting better and better. Since ordering, I've been kind of anxious about how much I've committed to this financially ($5k-ish) Questioning whether I should have. But it is easily the best mass produced statue ever offered for sale imo. To see them still making improvements fills me with hope that the production pieces might actually be up there quality wise. They are clearly throwing everything at this and that makes me happy.

How many improvements can they even make at this point? Shrink the knee pads, confirm that all of the wrinkling has been removed, not just the torso. And maybe enlarge the hands/fingers. I mean it's almost perfect and I don't use that word lightly. I love this thing and I cannot wait for the knock at the door as this arrives.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 03:24 PM   #2330
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i think it's going to turn out very well. It has to, as it has to pair with the 1987 Predator. It's going to be the definitive Predator 2 statue, like this Predator 1 statue...but i don't quite think it's going to be as special as this one.

For starters, i already don't like the Predator 2 statue has the spear in the left hand. I can't find a single shot in the film where he has the spear in the left hand.
The image could just be mirrored but at this stage in the game why not go ahead and email that concern to Prime 1?
Very easily something they could change on a digital sculpt.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote