Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 09-22-2021, 10:45 PM   #71
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
People that complain about prices going up need to stop collecting. Literally everything not just collecting has gone up over the past few years. Not sure why people expect the same prices from 2014. F4F is literally still the cheapest company I buy from with the most niche lines.
Done. I have stopped collecting for the most part in terms of new POs (although 5 outstanding ones). Granted, I did do an unplanned PO for the SSC Carnage recently but other than that and any future worthy MK, Zelda and Halo 1/4 resins, and I’m only targeting 1 from each franchise, I’m pretty much already out. My collecting phase will be like college (2018-2022). I’ll also bite on your strawman premise too. Let’s put some specificity around “same prices,” — do people expect prices to double every 6-7 years? Even college tuition requires 8 years to 2X. I’m actually curious, did your income double in the last 7 years or are you spending less on other things?

As for cheapest for niche lines, maybe? I suppose you can point to studios like Tsume trying to diorama the crap out of 1/6 DB/Naruto releases (focusing on the scale, not the niche-ness) for nearly a grand. The videogame franchises F4 releases aren’t exactly complex sculpts and the recent Shadow and this Aika are 1/6s trying to masquerade at a larger scale.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:15 AM   #72
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
Done. I have stopped collecting for the most part in terms of new POs (although 5 outstanding ones). Granted, I did do an unplanned PO for the SSC Carnage recently but other than that and any future worthy MK, Zelda and Halo 1/4 resins, and I’m only targeting 1 from each franchise, I’m pretty much already out. My collecting phase will be like college (2018-2022). I’ll also bite on your strawman premise too. Let’s put some specificity around “same prices,” — do people expect prices to double every 6-7 years? Even college tuition requires 8 years to 2X. I’m actually curious, did your income double in the last 7 years or are you spending less on other things?

As for cheapest for niche lines, maybe? I suppose you can point to studios like Tsume trying to diorama the crap out of 1/6 DB/Naruto releases (focusing on the scale, not the niche-ness) for nearly a grand. The videogame franchises F4 releases aren’t exactly complex sculpts and the recent Shadow and this Aika are 1/6s trying to masquerade at a larger scale.
Nope. I have to be picky on what I buy. Only focus on video game theme statues only. Video games are near and dear to my heart. I can't buy everything as much as I like to. Planned payment plans all the way. As far as pricing continue to rise, if it gets to a certain point, people will be priced out and companies know that. Sales start happening for things that have been in stock well over a year in some cases.

Not sure what you meant by bringing up Tsume. I will say $1000 for a 1/6 is on the high side. Never purchased from them anyway. The only company that I can think of that still has fairly cheaper prices at 1/4 is PCS but after their company fiasco a lot of people including myself stopped buying from them.

Not sure if I answered the question or not.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote