Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-21-2021, 01:25 PM   #1
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

PCS TMNT The Last Ronin 1/4 statue in the works

Was stated on PCS CG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	apcs.png
Views:	17
Size:	494.4 KB
ID:	152564   Click image for larger version

Name:	apcss.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	152565  
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 02:39 PM   #2
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I'm done with TMNT. The IDW story direction overstayed its welcome, and took the standard woke direction. Much of the writers and artists were female, too - making the turtles look too rounded and cute in most issues. Art style changed too often even within the same arcs. Last Ronin is a new story, very "dark", but it rides too much on being dark, that it just isn't any fun. Writers and artists just aren't what they used to be.

But also, TMNT isn't a premise that lends itself to being that dark anyway, not beyond the 80s Eastman & Laird dark.

The 2003 cartoon was the best TMNT, though it went downhill after a few seasons. The 80s cartoon was wholesomely fun, and it brought about good games, but because it lacked a story arc, I give it to '03, which dialed the cool factor just right.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 05:15 PM   #3
goatchumby
The Herculoids

I love TMNT, but the 80s cartoon is solely where my collecting dollars are.
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:40 AM   #4
Ralek
Fantastic Four

Intriguing, I definitely want to see more. So far, my favourite TMNT pieces are the Goodsmile ones, designed by Jean Paul and sculpted by Keiji Iwakura.

2nd place has to go to Sideshows' Comiquette version.

These two takes also have the best Shredders I know, which is kinda crucial to me personally! :-D

Last but not least the Mondo version are also really well sculpted and feel like a cool mix of classic Eastman/Laird designs with some modern DNA mixed in. Still waiting for the series to be continued with Shredder, Footmen and Casey - hopefully one day.

On the lower price end range, I'm also very happy with the Revoltech Turtles based on the 2012 show, which actually is kinda my favourite.
The 2003 one is a strong contender obviously, but I felt the 2012 one actually brought the family dynamic to the forefront in a meaningful way and had the strongest characterisation for the four brothers (the villain designs were mostly ---- though ...).

I did grow up on the OG Murakami-Wolf, but that one is actually the one that stuck least with me. It was back then, as a kid, but as an adult, it honestly does nothing for me. Otherwise I would of course scooped up.

Anyways, the current IDW take, particulary the ~200 issues pre-Reborn, are to me the best interpration of the material par none, incl. Eastman and Lairds original material. Again, the focus on the family and the individual personalities are fleshed out here in ways they were never before and there is a strong sense of a sequential narrative here, that early stories lacked entirely. The art is also really good, often even sublime.

I hope Reborn can find it's footing soon and keep this series going strong. Obviously, we have to go into a new direction, as the pre-Reborn really canabalized most of the entire canon of TMNT stories, updated them, recontextualized them and told (for the overwhelming part) better than ever before. That notwithstanding, a sense of ben-there-dan-that is inescapable.

Last Ronin is probably the most intense manifestation of this fact yet! Let's see what IDW has in store for us and how PCS plans to turn this theme into polystone! :-)
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 12:30 AM   #5
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Did PCS announce what scale The Last Ronin will be?
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 12:58 PM   #6
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

sorry no
Old 07-06-2021, 01:54 PM   #7
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

The only TMNT character I care about is Aska, for obvious reasons
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 02:56 PM   #8
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

As a huge TMNT fan, ive no interest in this. Don't care for the last ronin story much.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 08:15 PM   #9
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Ant states it's 1/4
Old 07-17-2021, 01:43 PM   #10
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

1/4 and I'm most likely be all in for this. I really love TLR. Great concept.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote