Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-24-2021, 08:40 AM   #1921
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Frost View Post
I’m devastated. I just did a quick little Google search and everyone says it’s silver. My entire life has been a lie. Who can I sue? Fox Kids Rocks Kids? I couldn’t afford the comics as a child but even when I’d read through them at my local (at the time) Walden Books I saw white. Clear as day white with a little shading of course but I just thought that was white latex.
I use to have a hardback that talked about the X-Men and included the 90's animated show. The creators said Storm's costume was a dark silver with black lowlights and they didn't think it animated well since it covered her whole body, so they made it white. Sadly, this color scheme has become the accepted norm for her costume. I am glad SS is doing silver, but in my opinion, it could be even darker.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:02 AM   #1922
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
I use to have a hardback that talked about the X-Men and included the 90's animated show. The creators said Storm's costume was a dark silver with black lowlights and they didn't think it animated well since it covered her whole body, so they made it white. Sadly, this color scheme has become the accepted norm for her costume. I am glad SS is doing silver, but in my opinion, it could be even darker.
Yep. But, at this point I think the person is just trolling for reactions. It should also be noted that this line has never been advertised as an Animated Series line.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:51 AM   #1923
AC_808
Hercules

Already love everything about this Storm PF. The silver paint app is better than I expected. However, I did also think that the silver was a darker silver in the comics.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:05 AM   #1924
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Sideshow played it safe and smart to get the casual buyer. Yes, it should/could have been a darker silver like we hoped for all along - BUT - it also could have been much whiter than this. They chose a medium option so those can see what they want to see. I'm just happy it's silver at all, I count that a small victory
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:10 AM   #1925
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Sideshow played it safe and smart to get the casual buyer. Yes, it should/could have been a darker silver like we hoped for all along - BUT - it also could have been much whiter than this. They chose a medium option so those can see what they want to see. I'm just happy it's silver at all, I count that a small victory
Yeah, I'll still buy as long as she comes out looking like this. I'll be saving the pics so I can compare to the production pics they'll inevitably post.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:03 PM   #1926
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I’m sure people will repaint this and some cool versions will come up. It wouldn’t be a difficult project imo
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:03 PM   #1927
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I’m sure people will repaint this and some cool versions will come up. It wouldn’t be a difficult project imo
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:09 PM   #1928
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Dealing with the cape is the challenge.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:10 PM   #1929
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Agreed. I'm so glad it wasn't stark white
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:14 PM   #1930
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The thing that sucks is that damn fabric cape really prevents me from having her repainted this color because the factory fabric cape wouldn't look right.
That's not a big problem. I went to a dressmaker with the original Huntress cape. We found black fabric that, like the purple original, is matt at the top and glossy at the bottom.
Then I gave her 1mm aluminum wire and she made the black cape with a white border.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote