Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-22-2021, 05:10 AM   #1601
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

Yep. Its a Hygrometer. Super cheap on E-bay. Reads temp and Humidity levels. If you Use AC in your house you will see it drop as the Air cools. This is part of how your AC cools your room by removing Humidity/Moisture. You want it Under 50 basically all the time for your collectables. Rule of thumb is, Warm air holds more water. Cool air holds less. With a Hygrometer, the count will move up and down, But you just want to keep it in the nice nice zone. And for all you sneeze people out there. anything over 60%. And its dust mite heaven.

Side note: I noticed the Jungle Hunter is sold out of the Reg version on Prime 1.
Zoldner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:19 AM   #1602
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoldner View Post
Yep. Its a Hygrometer. Super cheap on E-bay. Reads temp and Humidity levels. If you Use AC in your house you will see it drop as the Air cools. This is part of how your AC cools your room by removing Humidity/Moisture. You want it Under 50 basically all the time for your collectables. Rule of thumb is, Warm air holds more water. Cool air holds less. With a Hygrometer, the count will move up and down, But you just want to keep it in the nice nice zone. And for all you sneeze people out there. anything over 60%. And its dust mite heaven.

Side note: I noticed the Jungle Hunter is sold out of the Reg version on Prime 1.
Is Prime 1 like SS, where "Waitlist" and "Sold Out" are two different states?
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:13 AM   #1603
Halcyon
Loki

It was 'low stock' for a while..

When they use term waitlist, it should be almost sold out.
Only very few direct orders for the regular I guess (mostly sold trough distributors). So chance to convert is slim.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:16 AM   #1604
Halcyon
Loki

Question

Btw;
Does anyone know if BG coverart Pred is made in batches?
Im bit bummed about news from my local shop, I have to wait till end october to receive my PO for this. Thought Prime1 already made all these (250+800).

Did anyone receive theirs from local shop already in UK/EU/US/CAN? or only people who made direct orders have arrived? thx.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:18 AM   #1605
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
It was 'low stock' for a while..

When they use term waitlist, it should be almost sold out.
Only very few direct orders for the regular I guess (mostly sold trough distributors). So chance to convert is slim.
It would be nice to know if "low stock" referred to the entire run, or just a batch, as you asked about, and as SS does.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 01:54 PM   #1606
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Is Prime 1 like SS, where "Waitlist" and "Sold Out" are two different states?
That's funny you just asked that. Last week I decided to go a head and bite the bullet and put myself on the wait-list for the BIG CHAP ALIEN Action DX version & today I got an email saying, "congratulations your order is fulfilled.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:52 AM   #1607
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

I’ve been looking at the piece a lot the past couple of days. I gave it a very hard time, partially because it was VERY hard for me to resist and at the time to pose is what made me hold off.

The DX is phenomenal. In a weird way I like it better than the 1:3. The 1:3 is bigger and badder but this piece is no joke. Also after seeing the 1:3’s extreme price this piece seems a lot friendlier to own. I’m still prob gonna get the 1:3 but what happened for me was the opposite...I thought when the 1:3 was revealed it was going to make this on look kinda bad. But in fact after the 1:3’s reveal the DX of this piece looks better than ever IMO. Now I like the pose more than ever and how the skulls sit on the ledge between his legs tells a cool BIG GAME hunter story. Such a cool piece.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:28 AM   #1608
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

I am in the exact same position. Now that i got to mow over the statue on High def videos I am totally convinced I can live with the small faults. It does have a such a presence and with so many switch outs that totally work, Its a must have for me. Right now I'm just in talks to move a Alien King SS statue out the door. Once thats gone I'm placing my order for the DX. I was holding off to make sure since I am in Canada and will be paying the Express shipping butt plunging price. But I'm hardcore Pred fan all the way. I Also know a Single Predator can fillet a hundred aliens before taking any stress. Soo yeah. its in the bag. Just a few weeks to go.
Zoldner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 12:40 PM   #1609
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ you’re not alone. I went ahead and pressed with this 1/4 after days of mental debate. 1:3 just didn’t blow this one away enough to drop the coin on it. I’m at peace settling for this one and know I’ll be happy with it.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 01:21 PM   #1610
GaryTonge
Kingpin

You can't go wrong with either, but as an owner of this piece, it's fantastic.

All of the reviews of this piece say that it's a great statue. Most of the detractors are people who've never seen it in hand. Make of that what you will.

The DX options on this piece are better than the 1/3. Also, you have the added bonus of applying the bio helmet to the base, if that's something you'd like to do.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote