Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 06-08-2021, 11:25 AM   #381
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Yes I have seen them both, normally when I have the option I will always go for fully sculpted. But in this case I would go for rooted deluxe. From a distance it looks like a sculpted version, but from up close you can see al the tiny details. The rooted version is also very hard, and will stay styled/in place forever. It looks like rooted but it feels like sculpted with extra real details. So a definite +1 for rooted IMHO.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have the deluxe on order as it will compliment the real hair joker. However, from the pics I have seen it seems the face on the sculpted is better painted/more detail. Maybe it’s just better photos I’ve seen. Anyway I am sticking with the deluxe -you’ve convinced me��
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 03:27 PM   #382
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have the deluxe on order as it will compliment the real hair joker. However, from the pics I have seen it seems the face on the sculpted is better painted/more detail. Maybe it’s just better photos I’ve seen. Anyway I am sticking with the deluxe -you’ve convinced me��
Good choice my friend
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 04:31 AM   #383
Shoo
Hercules

Pics by Robert Chen:

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 08:41 AM   #384
John_Matrix
Doh!

Got this guy last night.

I was a little hesitant to finally pull the trigger. I thought it looked good in pictures, but it didn't sell me instantly.

Now that it's in hand, I can say it is more impressive than I thought. I think the cowl looks better in person than in pics, but if I were to be critical, the Bale headsculpt does leave a little to be desired, even in person. From certain angles it's great, but head on, not so much, IMO. Also, the cape could have been made with a higher quality of material.

Overall, I'm glad I got it, despite those criticisms. It's got a great presence, and of course, it pairs wonderfully with the Joker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01170 (2).jpg
Views:	112
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	141255

Name:	DSC01146 (2).jpg
Views:	88
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	141250

Name:	DSC01166 (2).jpg
Views:	60
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	141251

Name:	DSC01162 (2).jpg
Views:	68
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	141252

Name:	DSC01186.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	141253

Name:	DSC01222 (2).jpg
Views:	123
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	141254
John_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 10:47 AM   #385
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

This makes me nervous for Catwoman on Batpod.......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 01:17 PM   #386
Biggunz
Loki

True
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 04:54 PM   #387
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

When are Queen going to release the combined base? As I haven’t seen it shown in anyone’s photos of the pair.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 03:10 AM   #388
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Well I’ve received the combined base. Now to wait for the Batman piece to ship from my retailer. I hope I get it by this weekend, so I can display the set with Joker.

I haven’t opened the base box yet, but it’s surprisingly heavy.
Old 08-19-2021, 06:02 AM   #389
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Well I’ve received the combined base. Now to wait for the Batman piece to ship from my retailer. I hope I get it by this weekend, so I can display the set with Joker.

I haven’t opened the base box yet, but it’s surprisingly heavy.
Nice! Be sure to post some pics when you have it set up. Keen to see how they look together.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 07:02 AM   #390
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingTime View Post
Nice! Be sure to post some pics when you have it set up. Keen to see how they look together.
I can never take good photos, so no point really.

But I do have a few thoughts on the piece overall.

For such a simple museum type pose, it’s still quite impressive looking. Some have been saying the Bale head sculpt looks better in hand than it does on the posted photos, but if I’m to be honest it looks pretty much the same to me. I still prefer it over Prime 1’s, but not by much.

Out of the box there was too much product in the hair and I’ll probably have to rinse some of it out, as there’s a bit of dust on it anyway. But the product makes the hair rock solid and for some reason it’s flat on one side of the head, so hopefully if I rinse some of the product out I’ll be able to mould it a bit.

I found the magnets on the arms not to be very strong. One of them concerns me a bit. It’ll probably be fine, but it certainly could’ve been stronger.

The cape is very thin and on mine it was extremely wrinkled. I might take an iron to it to smooth it out.

It looks like they may have miscalculated a bit on the casting of the optional base, as they’ve included 3M plastic adhesive strips to put into the peg holes for Batman’s feet. Without them they’re somewhat loose and Batman does have a bit of movement, but with them they’re perfectly fine. Though they’ve instructed to put four strips in, but I had to remove one of them; as I couldn’t get it to sit properly with four.

I had a bit of scuff/paint damage on one of the boots, but I’ll probably just use a black marker to touch it up. If it were any other colour I’ll probably be looking to make an exchange.

Just a side note, the base for the optional head comes in an additional little box. Sugo had it taped to the outside of the main shipper.