Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #21
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
really hope you get your money back ash..I really hate it when fellow collectors prey on honest collectors.

The community is really not that big. Word always gets around. Hope you get your money back ash..=(

The community's definitely not that big when a forum like this is around.
One reason why I love this place..

He'll get what's comin' to him, sooner or later.

Sorry this happened to you, Ash.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #22
JustMe
Doh!

things

He's already starting to get what's coming to him. Way too many legal battles.
JustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:16 AM   #23
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

tim gardner that had something to do with Tiki Con hmmm I had dealings with him last year on some things that ended up ok but now I found this stuff he kept tryin to tell me that tiki con was his show and

his company is
plant superhero
400 WOODLAND TRL
SAN MARCOS, TX 78666
512 392 2530
planetsuperhero@gmail.com

This recent newspaper article is about Tim Gardner, formerly "extremetoys-2008" on EBAY:

By AMANDA SMITH-TEUTSCH

Tribune Chronicle

AUSTINTOWN -- Criminal charges were filed in the Screaming Tiki comic convention case in which a man is accused of keeping money intended for celebrity guests, including 1960s "Batman" cast members Adam West and Julie Newmar.

Austintown detective Kathy Dina filed charges of grand theft, a fourth degree felony, in Mahoning County Court in Austintown against Tim Gardner of San Marcos, Texas.

The charges are based on a complaint filed by promoter Peter Smith of Austintown. Smith, the local promoter of Screaming Tiki Comic and Pop Culture convention, filed a police report claiming Gardner stole $14,000.

Gardner counters that Smith breached their contract by contacting the celebrities and trying to negotiate with them directly instead of going through him.

Gardner denies diverting money from the celebrities, saying he forwarded the payments to them as per the contracts.

Wednesday, Smith denied contacting the celebrities himself and said he only negotiated new contracts after their agents called or wrote him and said they'd not been paid for their services.

"I have everything, all of the evidence", Smith said. "No contracts were renegotiated until after I learned (Gardner) didn't follow through with his job."

Smith said he was forced to pay the celebrities a higher rate to appear at the convention, held Oct. 18 and 19 at the Eastwood Expo Center in Niles. Julie Newmar, Yvonne Craig, Peter Mayhew, Adam West and Lee Meriwether all appeared at the convention.

Smith said all of the celebrity guests said they enjoyed their stay, and said he's already working on next year's show. This year, 3,000 people attended, he said.

Gardner said he has retained an attorney in Mahoning County to answer the charges. He also said he is planning to file a civil lawsuit in Texas over the matter.

Court dates have not been set in Mahoning County Court.

few more articles

City of Metropolis Claims Tim Gardner “Did Not Fulfill Obligations” With Regards to $82,000 In Grant Money
Promoter: Metropolis comic, toy show offers escape

By Steve Vantreese

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

METROPOLIS, Ill. - The promoter for the renamed, independently sponsored Metropolis Comic Book and Toy Show isn’t concerned about taking on a new production under the present grim economic climate because fantasy trumps reality.

“Comic books, movies and those kinds of entertainment tend to do better during an economic downturn,” said Marc Ballard, who will host the show March 14-15 at the Baymont Hotel Theater.

“During the Great Depression, about the only thing that did well was movies,” Ballard said. “During bad times, they can go and forget their worries. Movies and comics are a diversion.”

Ballard’s production is a diversion, possibly keeping the show from being dropped altogether after the Metropolis City Council followed a Metropolis Area Tourism Commission recommendation to deny another’s request for grant funding to support the show.

The city over the past two years provided Texas promoter Tim Gardner with grants of $44,000 and $38,000 to bankroll a similar show as a tourism tool. City officials, however, reported dissatisfaction with Gardner’s accounting, leaving them at least uncertain that they had gotten their money’s worth.

Ballard picked up the reins after Metropolis resident Catherine Busbee had asked for $20,000 to take over promoting and running the show for 2009 and was turned down on the heels of the dissatisfaction with Gardner.

Ballard said he agreed to take on the show, adding it to about a half dozen he does annually, so as not to lose the momentum with comic and movie camp followers that two shows in Metropolis had developed.

“I’ve had no problems organizing the show and have gotten along fine with the city,” Ballard said. “I didn’t need and didn’t ask for any of their money,” he said, noting that he underwrites all the expenses for all the similar shows he promotes.
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #24
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

well it looks like the walls are closing in on Mr. gardner finally!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:12 AM   #25
JustMe
Doh!

Yes, they are indeed closing in on him. This is the link to the online docket from the court case in Ohio regarding Tiki Con.

http://courts.mahoningcountyoh.gov/p...t_lst?55357950

There is information out there about him selling a fake costume for $100,000 to someone in NJ. I would like to find that story.
JustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:26 AM   #26
Babytoxie
Ghost

"I say we stomp him!
Den we tattoo him!
Den we hang him...
and den we kill him!"
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #27
rric528
Sinister Six

"Hangin's too good for him,
burnin's too good for him!

I want to cut him into little bitty pieces and bury him alive!"

Seriously, people like this are so bad for the collecting community.

I hope he gets what is coming to him in a big way.
rric528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:44 AM   #28
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

that is good news that he is being hunted by the law!. guy is no good to our hobby in any way shape or form.

glad to see this happen to him
Old 03-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #29
William Paquet
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
"I say we stomp him!
Den we tattoo him!
Den we hang him...
and den we kill him!"
Old 03-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #30
spenca7
Loki

look at the link...says he pleaded guilty looks like he has to pay it back and spend 180 days in jail!
spenca7 is offline   Reply With Quote