Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-04-2021, 02:54 PM   #61
Gerard
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merovingian View Post
Please excuse the quality of my photos, but I just wanted to share a few pics and some thoughts. For the collectors who ordered this exquisite piece, you will not be disappointed.

Uman Studio did a tremendous job with the sculpting, especially with the armor on the horse and the Witchking himself. The detailing of the orcs were done very well, especially their weapons. The paint apps on the armor really gives the impression that the armor is real. They did a great job on the color shading of the base.

The packaging was perfect as there are so many fragile sharp pieces to this statue, from the Witchking's crown to the frontal armor on the horse; not one broken piece during transit.

I hope Uman Studio continues this line with other LOTR pieces. Happy collecting.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 07:55 PM   #62
Thor57
Teen Titans

Opened mine today. He has a slight break on the left side of his hip armor. It’s really thin there and I guess it slightly shifted when being put in or during transit and clean snapped. Will have to contact Spec Fiction about what my options are. I feel bad cause it’s my second piece in a row I got from Todd that has minor flaws. I dont want to come across as needy or shady. Just ---- luck I think.

None the less, statue is amazing and looks great with Catfish Lichking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A9310D6A-148C-4DA4-81A5-D9EAD53D01DC.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	142886  
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 08:00 PM   #63
dao2
Cyclops

I wish the mace wasn't held ramrom straight and was at a bit of an angle like the artwork.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 07:21 PM   #64
Thor57
Teen Titans

A member PM’d me asking about shipping boxes, and for some reason I could not post the pics in the reply message, so posting here!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8C4A0384-253B-489F-980F-B8D18458B4D9.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	143064   Click image for larger version

Name:	EF4670DF-B44B-4622-8267-F886A16E9C91.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	143065  
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 06:08 AM   #65
Kriegsfuerst
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The size of the statue caught me by surprise. But I'm very happy that it finally has arrived. Don't like the 2 orcs tho, so I didn't even bother to unwrap them.

Kriegsfuerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 01:18 PM   #66
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

This statue is a masterpiece. We can't use that word for most of the statues in the hobby but I believe this statue falls into the category. It was a labour of love by Udon and the quality of materials they used - to the point where the resin feels like steel - is mindblowing. I'm not sure how many people have seen one in person being as the ES is so limited. However, why this was never in the conversation for statue of the year would forever blow my mind. The thing should be in conversation for statue of the decade. It is that good.
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 08:19 PM   #67
ilsensine
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
This statue is a masterpiece. We can't use that word for most of the statues in the hobby but I believe this statue falls into the category. It was a labour of love by Udon and the quality of materials they used - to the point where the resin feels like steel - is mindblowing. I'm not sure how many people have seen one in person being as the ES is so limited. However, why this was never in the conversation for statue of the year would forever blow my mind. The thing should be in conversation for statue of the decade. It is that good.
Actually the word "masterpiece" is thrown around quite a bit on these forums. In fact, it sort of just denotes a slightly above-average piece, from what I've seen. There's one guy in particular who uses it for nearly every release Sideshow makes... I'm not sure I've seen a single statue yet, in my time in the hobby, for which I would use the word masterpiece. There are plenty of good ones. Sideshow Thanos throne, Dejah, and Galactus are pretty good. XM Thanos/Death and Modern Thor and P1 Batman Who Laughs and some of their Transformers are pretty good. Damtoys Warcraft series, especially Guldan and Blackhand are pretty good. Franco custom X-Force Wolverine is pretty good. I think those are the best ones in my collection, off the top of my head. But I still can't bring myself to call any of them a "masterpiece."

As for why the Uman Witch King didn't get more praise, I can only say that I didn't really care for it. In my view it's "okay"--a rung down from "pretty good." I saw it in person at a comic shop and it just didn't do anything for me. Not a fan of the pose, the mace, or the orcs, to name a few. They also had a Weta Ringwraith at the Ford right next to it and although I'm not a big fan of the company, I looked at them both for a long time and preferred the Weta, which has some energy at least, though the scale doesn't fit my collection so I ended up skipping both.
ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote