Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2020, 06:35 PM   #11
vinnnie
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,618
From their FB page:



Wonder how tall it will be.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:50 PM   #12
eMCobra
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 24
Whew, glad it was a mistake. At 1/4 this is going to look epic. Can't wait to see the prototype
eMCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:22 PM   #13
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
V4XCollect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,635
A must order!
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:46 AM   #14
StefanCo
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
StefanCo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Belgium
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
The previous one isn't really 1:4 as it's much smaller compared to other 1:4's. I would say more like 1:5 or 1:4,5
the other WETA Lara is my only 1:4 so I can't compare to other 1:4 statues, but I just measured Lara: she is about 37-38cm, so that would be 1,48-1,52m. So about 1:4.5 seems to be more accurate. that would make her 1,66m-1,71m.

I don't get why it seems to difficult to get the scale correct. I measured my Wonder Woman by Prime 1, she is 67cm at 1:3, that would make her more then 2m IRL. Gal Gadot is 1,78m. My Harley Quinn 1:3 is 60cm, which makes her 1,80cm. Margot Robbie is 1,68cm.

I see they made a mistake and it is 1:4 after all, I hope it won't be too much different from the previous one, I want to display them close together.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:32 PM   #15
chronos1919
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
chronos1919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Dover, NH
Posts: 1,366
The scale thing does seem silly since we know the height of the characters and/or actors and 1:3 of that can be exactly measured, regardless of the pose. For the cost of these collectibles I don't think proper measurements are too much to ask.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:45 PM   #16
gra007
Justice League
 
gra007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
The scale thing does seem silly since we know the height of the characters and/or actors and 1:3 of that can be exactly measured, regardless of the pose. For the cost of these collectibles I don't think proper measurements are too much to ask.
Problem is, the Shadow Of The Tomb Raider Lara did actually seem more properly measured and scaled compared to a Sideshow 1/4, but we complained because she was smaller than those. I think the use of scales give a ball-park size, but are not truly to scale because a lot of the statues we collect are in super-hero proportions.

Also, the concept art of the base terrifies me! The height of the stump is as tall as Lara. I don't think I have a case that would fit this if the base ends up that large.

Last edited by gra007; 10-26-2020 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Added more thoughts.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:20 PM   #17
chronos1919
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
chronos1919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Dover, NH
Posts: 1,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
Problem is, the Shadow Of The Tomb Raider Lara did actually seem more properly measured and scaled compared to a Sideshow 1/4, but we complained because she was smaller than those. I think the use of scales give a ball-park size, but are not truly to scale because a lot of the statues we collect are in super-hero proportions.

Also, the concept art of the base terrifies me! The height of the stump is as tall as Lara. I don't think I have a case that would fit this if the base ends up that large.
Even comic book heroes have their heights available straight from the source at Marvel or DC. Generally around 6'. Those superhuman characters should be larger than a normal human, like Lara, but they shouldn't make her look like a small child.

I'm hoping that the concept art isn't directly translated into statue form. The main idea, but smaller in size/scope. Otherwise it will be monstrous.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:28 PM   #18
vinnnie
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,618
I got over 300 statues and 76 are 1:4. None of them are 'super hero' statues (only collect game related stuff). I also own the SS's and GH 1:4 Lara's and the Weta is definitely smaller in scale than those. I also have the Snow Day comiquette by SS and that's 1:5 and when I compare that with my Weta one, it's the same scale from what I can see.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:35 PM   #19
gra007
Justice League
 
gra007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
I got over 300 statues and 76 are 1:4. None of them are 'super hero' statues (only collect game related stuff). I also own the SS's and GH 1:4 Lara's and the Weta is definitely smaller in scale than those. I also have the Snow Day comiquette by SS and that's 1:5 and when I compare that with my Weta one, it's the same scale from what I can see.
That's good to know, I only have hero ones. SotTR Lara was my first non-superhero 1/4. I'm OK with her not matching, since it's such a great statue.

I have the Snow Day as well, but never knew what scale that was supposed to be.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:43 PM   #20
French Cancan
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: France
Posts: 2,958
I think I'm gonna - again- break my rule: one statue per character...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com