Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 11-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #11
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

KP and Cookie on the batting side.

Anderson on the Bowling.

KP=bad form coming in, poor judgement, head not in the right place.

Cook=lacking confidence, although he's done well in the warm up games.

Anderson= he gets more undisciplined the longer he goes without a wicket. Wides become more frequent, he can't bowl a decent length for too long...

The ones you gotta watch out for are...hell the rest of the team. They've been consistantly good all year...we can bat down to 9 effectively, and Swanny is one of the best spinners in the world right now.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #12
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I hope not for your sake mate, we are 16 wins 4 draws from our last 20 tests there
Tell me something I don't know
Old 11-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #13
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
KP and Cookie on the batting side.

Anderson on the Bowling.

KP=bad form coming in, poor judgement, head not in the right place.

Cook=lacking confidence, although he's done well in the warm up games.

Anderson= he gets more undisciplined the longer he goes without a wicket. Wides become more frequent, he can't bowl a decent length for too long...

The ones you gotta watch out for are...hell the rest of the team. They've been consistantly good all year...we can bat down to 9 effectively, and Swanny is one of the best spinners in the world right now.
I'd agree with just about all of that mate, KP can just about win the series for you guys by himself or he could go the other way, Cook seems down on form but can bat.

The rest of your batting looks good, you have great depth and as you said bat a long way down.

I'm not a Anderson fan mate, he does well in the English conditions but struggles here, the Kookaburra ball doesn't move like the Dukes and that makes a massive diference.

I also don't see a bowler for you guys who will tie up and end when we have out good periods with the bat, you seem to have a lot of guys that want to bowl wicketballs.

Swann has become a gun, he is easily one of the best bowlers in the world, really looking forward to watching him this summer, want to see how he goes in our conditions

For us i think it's Hussey and North (Wrothy is going to belt me for saying that being they are WA boys! )

But they have really let us down of late, Hussey hasn't avg better than 35 in his last 8 series and North struggles to get past 10 most times he is out there, with the ball it's the spinner, they seem to have gone with a bloke now who will try and tie up an end, i don't mind that, if your not getting wickets you have to atleast keep it tight, i'm hoping he will do that!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #14
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Tell me something I don't know

Just wanted to make sure you knew our record at the GABBA mate
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #15
RichBamf

Quote:
I'd agree with just about all of that mate, KP can just about win the series for you guys by himself or he could go the other way, Cook seems down on form but can bat.

The rest of your batting looks good, you have great depth and as you said bat a long way down.

I'm not a Anderson fan mate, he does well in the English conditions but struggles here, the Kookaburra ball doesn't move like the Dukes and that makes a massive diference.

I also don't see a bowler for you guys who will tie up and end when we have out good periods with the bat, you seem to have a lot of guys that want to bowl wicketballs.

Swann has become a gun, he is easily one of the best bowlers in the world, really looking forward to watching him this summer, want to see how he goes in our conditions

For us i think it's Hussey and North (Wrothy is going to belt me for saying that being they are WA boys! )

But they have really let us down of late, Hussey hasn't avg better than 35 in his last 8 series and North struggles to get past 10 most times he is out there, with the ball it's the spinner, they seem to have gone with a bloke now who will try and tie up an end, i don't mind that, if your not getting wickets you have to atleast keep it tight, i'm hoping he will do that!
I definitely think if Hussey and North don't play, the Aussies are gonna suffer. You need that strong backbone, cause the tail's been suffering lately...

Thing is with England, I think we've got good options with the bowling attack, and if one underpeforms, it's nice to have someone good and not just average, in reserve.

Man I'm excited....
Old 11-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #16
RichBamf

Quote:

Just wanted to make sure you knew our record at the GABBA mate
Oh BELIEVE me, I'm well aware of it...and even more aware of the record against England on the first ashes tests in Oz.

Just hoping we can break the tradition...
Old 11-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #17
Wrothy

Quote:

With North it seems to be feast or famine - he either gets out cheaply or scores a ton. If he could just string a few good scores together...

Hopefully the first class ton that Hussey just scored will do him a world of good.

The person I'm worried about is Clarke - if he ends up in the side and does his back again during the test, it's not gonna be good.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #18
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Personally, I think whoever wins at the Gabba wins the whole thing...
Quote:
I hope not for your sake mate, we are 16 wins 4 draws from our last 20 tests there
Just what I was gonna say! We haven't lost a test there in twenty years!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #19
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Just what I was gonna say! We haven't lost a test there in twenty years!
pffffttt, until now...

Actually I retract my statement...
Old 11-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #20
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
pffffttt, until now...

Actually I retract my statement...
Too late!!!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote