Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-16-2021, 08:51 AM   #201
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I know...I was being tongue in cheek.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:46 AM   #202
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Any indication of when this statue might be released? Also any indication of whether there will be more after this one? Cheers!
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 02:43 AM   #203
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
Any indication of when this statue might be released? Also any indication of whether there will be more after this one? Cheers!
Since covid started there is no news from HMO.
They started quite fast with a few designs&statues, but they are mostly hired in artist. Imo don't think they will be such smooth running company as at their start (unfortunately).

And pity they only sell direct and not through distributors EU (in USA, Spec and BBTS arranged it themselves).
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 04:38 AM   #204
dao2
Cyclops

There has been news on their fb and they've hardly been quiet, they just put up Felicia for PO not too long ago :P They do take some time, but their stuff so far has come out great.

I do hope to see more Warhammer though!
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:26 AM   #205
Halcyon
Loki

Two statue PO a year is not what I was hoping for.

Would be nice if they did two a year from Warhammer alone. I don't follow or collect anime, thought Felicia's design was already announced long ago.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:27 PM   #206
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Two statue PO a year is not what I was hoping for.

Would be nice if they did two a year from Warhammer alone. I don't follow or collect anime, thought Felicia's design was already announced long ago.
Not really they only showed her fully right before PO, and I mean small companies that PO fewer statues is fine with me...
Old 06-15-2021, 09:16 PM   #207
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Tbh I would like a lot more from hmo especially warhammer statues but I also agree with dao2 that if they have a few statues to work on they can put more time and attention on the handful of whatever products there working on but at the same time I’d be a little sad to get a warhammer statue every 2-3 years cause I think there killing it with the license time will tell
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:52 PM   #208
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angronsrage1 View Post
Tbh I would like a lot more from hmo especially warhammer statues but I also agree with dao2 that if they have a few statues to work on they can put more time and attention on the handful of whatever products there working on but at the same time I’d be a little sad to get a warhammer statue every 2-3 years cause I think there killing it with the license time will tell
Better then not getting them at all like we did for decades or getting just what p1 put out :P
Old 06-16-2021, 12:25 AM   #209
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Better then not getting them at all like we did for decades or getting just what p1 put out :P
Yeah agreed better than nothing
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 12:40 AM   #210
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angronsrage1 View Post
Yeah agreed better than nothing
The way I see it is that if anyone else wanted to make 40k statues they would. For years and years GW didn't license out ----ing anything for their properties.

But a few years ago they started licensing out every ----ing piece of it they could. Oh you want 40k? Sure. 30k? Sure? Warzone Fenris? Alright! Eisonhorn? ---- yea. That's how we have a bajillion different 40k games from different publishers they can all get their own piece of the license. It might be exclusive, but very specifically exclusive. So anyone else out there that wants to make 40k stuff could very easily no doubt but ain't no one doing it.

So I'm very happy that HMO has the license because

1) Nobody else is really doing it
2) They've been doing a pretty awesome job with it so far

For sure I wish they would do more and I do often fear that the line won't continue when I really really want it to, but even if it did I will still love the one(s) I got so far.