Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-06-2019, 11:31 AM   #21
Demona
Martian Manhunter

THere is something I'm not liking from the render to production. Could be the angle of the photo.

They moved the backpack and the cat positions which makes Isis even more pointless than originally.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:45 PM   #22
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Catwoman on a gargoyle, where have a seen that before?
I know, the recent Sideshow Catwoman. The Sideshow pose looks superior.

ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:40 PM   #23
Shoo
Hercules

... Same angle, but her face doesn't look so long here.

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:00 PM   #24
pdenham
Teen Titans

For my taste, the pose on this XM slays just about every other character I've seen posed on a gargoyle- not just SS's Catwoman.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:12 PM   #25
Zinnk
Frackin!

my 2 cents
Sideshow's body and pose are better:
- The leather on the SS one looks really good; real leather. The XM one is too "wet", looks like latex.
- The pose on the SS is sexy as hell; she looks ready to pounce on you. The XM is too generic

I actually prefer XM's portrait, maybe because of the mask ?!?

The use of yet another gargoyle (from both companies) is just a sign of "lazy" design. Considering the elaborate bases some of the other XM's 1/6 have, this is too ... boring

I had higher expectations, think it's gonna be the 2nd pass for me (so far from the 1/6 line)
Zinnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:17 PM   #26
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Why don't more companies do a dio action? For example - have her breaking into a glass case. Here is my idea:

Catwoman standing up with the case in front of her. The case is maybe waist high or to her chest, no taller. Her suit can be half unzipped, whatevs, but one hand is reaching out with her claws cutting the glass. You'd still see her boobs, face, and ass - all of what "sells" the ladies statue. All while giving is something that is different.

And guess what - ANY version of the suit would work with that. Or with Black Cat in the Marvel world.

This statue could have been improved by just putting on the floor of a bank or jewelry store that she just robbed. That would help explain why Isis is wandering around.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:24 PM   #27
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

this is a swing and a miss for me for some reason xm just doesn't seem to be pulling off the batman characters too well.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:25 PM   #28
built2shred
Phoenix

SS outfit is more based on the animated series where XM is New 52... it's like comparing apples to oranges... not to mention the scale difference... I'll be glad to own both...

I do like Demona's idea but I imagine the gargoyle base will look great next to Batman's gargoyle base.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:34 PM   #29
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Why don't more companies do a dio action? For example - have her breaking into a glass case. Here is my idea:

Catwoman standing up with the case in front of her. The case is maybe waist high or to her chest, no taller. Her suit can be half unzipped, whatevs, but one hand is reaching out with her claws cutting the glass. You'd still see her boobs, face, and ass - all of what "sells" the ladies statue. All while giving is something that is different.

And guess one - ANY version of the suit would work with that. Or with Black Cat in the Marvel world.

This statue could have been improved by just putting on the floor of a bank or jewelry store that she just robbed. That would help explain why Isis is wandering around.
Aaawww....thank you....you know us so well
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:40 PM   #30
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I don't like this Catwoman. At all.

Looks really cheap and plastic-y.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote