Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-23-2021, 12:58 PM   #121
Pendragon3000
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Is this statue more in scale with their alien big chap?
Pendragon3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:23 PM   #122
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Thank you for drawing attention to this. Looks like they tried to give it a lot of unnecessary texture.
If that's what it takes to ensure the painters know where to put the spots, so be it.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:39 PM   #123
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvdidi View Post
Will arrive normally this week...
Who made it?
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:54 PM   #124
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
The more I look at it, the more it does look too thick, or too short between his belt and the lowest point of his chest armour, I can't really figure out which. However from other angles it looks okay, it's a weird one.

I'll say this, I think this is awesome over all and I'm hoping to get this and the 1/3 City hunter as my collection showstoppers. However, they have put so much effort into this, that a few minor tweaks could improve it immensely and might be worth considering simply to place the cherry on top of this potential masterpiece. With that in mind, what I'd love to see happen to really make this the ultimate, probably never to be bettered JH statue is the following.

Sort out the torso proportions if they are indeed an issue in person.
relax the arms slightly inwards to give it the more natural look and distinguish it further from the CM's pose.
Remove the sculpted damage from the bio mask
Offer a holstered cannon position option.
Swap that semi roar head for a fully closed mandible head. They're both too similar currently and fully closed offers a different look that many prefer.
remove the groove in the lower chin.

Do I expect any of this, no, but some of it would be nice. And pointless requests are what we like doing, so there's mine. It's exciting either way.

Side comparison is better than front for sure!

agreed and thanks of pointing out some of the smaller details I didn't even bother looking for lol. I was so blow away at first, but have come down a little bit from that high. It's very baffling why they put so much "over texture" into the skin and why they decided to do a closed mouth portrait on the 1/4 and not on this. We all love the closed mouth look.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 02:33 PM   #125
Dvdidi
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Who made it?
Edinho maga
Dvdidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 02:34 PM   #126
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
The more I look at it, the more it does look too thick, or too short between his belt and the lowest point of his chest armour, I can't really figure out which. However from other angles it looks okay, it's a weird one.

. . . what I'd love to see happen to really make this the ultimate, probably never to be bettered JH statue is the following.
  • Sort out the torso proportions if they are indeed an issue in person.
  • Relax the arms slightly inwards to give it the more natural look and distinguish it further from the CM's pose.
  • Remove the sculpted damage from the bio mask
  • Offer a holstered cannon position option.
  • Swap that semi roar head for a fully closed mandible head. They're both too similar currently and fully closed offers a different look that many prefer.
  • remove the groove in the lower chin.

Do I expect any of this, no, but some of it would be nice. And pointless requests are what we like doing . . .
Quote:
Oh I'll add one more, his skin looks really wrinkled on this statue, it should be fairly smooth.

Yeah - agreed.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 03:15 PM   #127
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:

I'll say this, I think this is awesome over all and I'm hoping to get this and the 1/3 City hunter as my collection showstoppers. However, they have put so much effort into this, that a few minor tweaks could improve it immensely and might be worth considering simply to place the cherry on top of this potential masterpiece. With that in mind, what I'd love to see happen to really make this the ultimate, probably never to be bettered JH statue is the following.

Sort out the torso proportions if they are indeed an issue in person.
relax the arms slightly inwards to give it the more natural look and distinguish it further from the CM's pose.
Remove the sculpted damage from the bio mask
Offer a holstered cannon position option.
Swap that semi roar head for a fully closed mandible head. They're both too similar currently and fully closed offers a different look that many prefer.
remove the groove in the lower chin.

Do I expect any of this, no, but some of it would be nice. And pointless requests are what we like doing, so there's mine. It's exciting either way.

Side comparison is better than front for sure!

my first impression was the torso was too short and a little too thick. But the side angles makes me think otherwise.

-I don't think the arms should be changed. If his arms we more at his sides it's a more docile pose...looking around pose. I could care less that this pose is practically a mirror image of the CM. The CM pose is PERFECT. I think the pose is perfect as is. in the shot you posted above it's too calm and stoic (but what a comparison of those two pics above...this thing looks just like the real thing).

-ABSOLUTELY work on the damage and texture on the bio. I have a stunt bio from the molds there is a dent in-between the eyes, but nothing like seen here, and same goes with the texture.

-as someone else said i would love the cannon to be able to be removed as he removes his cannon before he removes his mask. Mask off usually means = no weapons, hand to hand combat time.

-We NEED a closed mouth unmasked head. if it's not included, it's a failure. Who is gonna display that Gert Bio, seriously? but the more i see the semi-head it resembles this part of the movie which is arguably my favorite Predator shot of the film....

and in regards to the chin groove, i don't ever remember seeing it, but i just looked at my Sideshow 1:1 bust and it's there. Not as pronounced or as tall as it is on this sculpt, but there is absolutely a groove on the SWS from-the-molds 1:1 bust sculpt. i took a picture to share but it's sideways...don't know why this places does that, so i didn't post it.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 03:32 PM   #128
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

As Matt (python) said, don't know if PRIME1 would take any notice of requests for changes, but I hope someone sends them this . . . I re-adjusted the original photo kindly created by kohiba99 yesterday . . .

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 03:42 PM   #129
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

That looks way better on the right. Good job! That's something they have to adjust. It's kind of a deal breaker for me. He's too fat looking compared to the movie.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 03:55 PM   #130
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

No issue here with the skin texture. Not sure why they did it but if it was a real creature (alien) and not a man in a suit I guess that's how it would look.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote