Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-02-2022, 12:08 AM   #1221
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Not sure if this really fits in well with 1/4 scale despite what they are saying.
Definitely doesn't. They're just trying to appeal to 1/3 and 1/4 scale collectors I think.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 04:36 AM   #1222
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Not sure if this really fits in well with 1/4 scale despite what they are saying.
The only way to tell for sure is to get them in hand to see for yourself.

I'm thinking that if you don't have him on the tall part of the base then it might just work. Don't forget that the base also splits in two. That looks like it would take at least 2"-3" off the total 39" tall. I think that it will look better than some might think.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 08:36 AM   #1223
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post

I'm thinking that if you don't have him on the tall part of the base then it might just work. Don't forget that the base also splits in two. That looks like it would take at least 2"-3" off the total 39" tall. I think that it will look better than some might think.
That's what they're showing in the pictures with Ant-Man. Just the shorter part of the base. It makes the statue 6" shorter.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 09:35 AM   #1224
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal10 View Post
That's what they're showing in the pictures with Ant-Man. Just the shorter part of the base. It makes the statue 6" shorter.
He doesn't look terrible next to Ant-Man, Hulk was certainly been depicted that large before in certain comics.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 10:46 AM   #1225
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Quote:
Definitely doesn't. They're just trying to appeal to 1/3 and 1/4 scale collectors I think.
there was a pic i posted here, taken from facebook of Hulk next to 1/4 scale avengers, it looked pretty bad, out of scale and i love Hulk being HUGE. It was too big. The pic has since been removed from FB and no longer viewable on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
He doesn't look terrible next to Ant-Man, Hulk was certainly been depicted that large before in certain comics.
i love giant Hulk as much as anyone, but next to 1/4 scale, he's ENORMOUS. Remember his legs are bent, his back is hunched and his head is tilted forward.

in 1/4 scale if he was standing upright like Ant Man he would be around 12-13 feet tall.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 11:39 AM   #1226
Danii99
Birdman

Quote:
I just don't think that it will that hard to sale 599 of any of these HULK's. Granted that they are $2000-$3000 apiece, but even at that price tag with all the Hulk fans in the world. I find it hard to believe that 599 would be hard to sale. There's a lot of collectors out there that $3000 is just a small or slightly above drop in the bucket.
I'd be genuinely surprised if these sell out
Danii99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 02:50 PM   #1227
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

so you think the official posters will be unveiled before or after the new year?

SOON,
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 03:58 PM   #1228
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:

Quote:

Like Hannibal said, the picture is right there. Hulk is ginormous next to that 1/4 Ant-Man. No need to spend $2000 - $3000 just to determine for yourself. This does not fit well with 1/4 statues.

AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 04:01 PM   #1229
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post

I think the only time Hulk was depicted that big was in "The Hulk" movie by Ang Lee. Even then I believe that was in error if you look up Hulk's height with Marvel.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 05:42 AM   #1230
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Like Hannibal said, the picture is right there. Hulk is ginormous next to that 1/4 Ant-Man. No need to spend $2000 - $3000 just to determine for yourself. This does not fit well with 1/4 statues.

I hear you AC, even if it doesn't display well with 1/4 scale statues. I'll just have to display him, by himself, which is not all that bad of a thing to have to do with a HULK this huge. It would be nice if it worked out that I could display him with Sideshow big Captain America and Thor PF that just came out. In the end nothing will deter me from adding these HULK's to my collection. I have a plan either way to display them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii99 View Post
I'd be genuinely surprised if these sell out
They might not sell out first day, but one things for sure. At some point in time they're going to sell out, but if they haven't sold out by the time the in hand pics start to show up. They'll definitely get a sharp increase in sales once those in hand pics start to post. At least that's my humble opinion.

Side note: How long do you think it will take for these to sell out?
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote