Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-29-2023, 11:08 AM   #121
Peedi
The Secret Six

Just a regular, non gimmick, non one-off costume in a single storyline from over 10 years ago (although it is one of the most known, well received and important storylines in the character’s history), non hunched over, non obvious neck seam, standard, bare torso, tall, purple pants comic book Hulk that doesn’t need to be its own centerpiece and can pair well and in proportion with other Marvel 1/4s. How many of those exist?
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 12:19 PM   #122
Rowzey
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
I agree!!! After seeing the Starfire that was made?. A Nightwing definitely needs some love?. As does Raven, Wonder Girl, Cyborg, Beast Boy (Changeling)

Honestly, it would be great to have a line/team complete.
I always see that starfire pop up on resellers and I always want to grab it. It just looks great but it always boils down to what do I display it with right now. I'm even surprised with Nightwing rise in popularity in the last year or so that the only major one we've seen is the prime1 1/3 hush.
Rowzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 01:36 PM   #123
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowzey View Post
At this point I don't care who does em but I wanna see more of the Teen Titans or even just the Titans after the upcoming comic run. I'm hoping it'll do well enough to garner attention. I need some Beast Boy and Raven statues
I'm pretty shocked Raven hasn't been made yet. If done well, I think that could be a big seller. "If done well" is the key though.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 08:23 PM   #124
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Comic Conc...

Quote:
I always see that starfire pop up on resellers and I always want to grab it. It just looks great but it always boils down to what do I display it with right now. I'm even surprised with Nightwing rise in popularity in the last year or so that the only major one we've seen is the prime1 1/3 hush.
My lady and I attended the Comic Con last year after two years of not having one due to COVID. We agreed to dress as the "Not so popular", Not so sought after characters and were surprised as to just how many folks asked for photos and how they had not seen those characters dressed in Cosplay all weekend. We went as a different character each day....on Friday, we were dressed as Nightwing and Starfire. On Saturday we dressed as 90's Cyclops and Dark Phoenix and then on Sunday we dressed as Modern Hawkeye and Yelena Bulova Black Widow. We had tons of fun and on top of it all, it was great to see that during the entire weekend we may have just only seen one other Starfire.

So yea, we are definitely for the "underdog" so to speak.\\It would be great to start seeing these and the other statues on this thread created into statues.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 08:24 PM   #125
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Raven...Please!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I'm pretty shocked Raven hasn't been made yet. If done well, I think that could be a big seller. "If done well" is the key though.
I agree 100%. A very cool Raven could be amazing!!! Although a part of me is fearful that they might make a cloth robe/cape and that my or may not be the best option I think for her.....Maybe partial cloth...??
Old 01-29-2023, 09:52 PM   #126
Rowzey
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
I agree 100%. A very cool Raven could be amazing!!! Although a part of me is fearful that they might make a cloth robe/cape and that my or may not be the best option I think for her.....Maybe partial cloth...??
I very much agree there. It will have to be very good for me to go for mixed media anything. Sculpted capes/cloaks just hit different.
Rowzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:00 AM   #127
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Raven?.

Quote:
I very much agree there. It will have to be very good for me to go for mixed media anything. Sculpted capes/cloaks just hit different.
I would love a classic blue version but a white one would also be cool!
Old 01-30-2023, 07:41 AM   #128
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing Is View Post
Don?t see how you can get a more definitive Hulk than the last two by XM Studios. Maybe just me. And with all the other great Hulks that have been made, what else could be done to make it ?definitive??

I'm assuming you're referring to XM Transformation, & the recent XM/Legendary Beasts release?

XM Transformation is/was a good sculpt, with a lot of good qualities (mainly the anatomy), but the portrait still does not hit the mark for me. With that overly thin jaw line, which gives the impression he's almost wearing a mask, and "wild" eyes further enforces that "mask" vibe.

And though the pose fits the transformation theme, it does not represent the charging, more iconic, kick your arse HULK dream. Besides also being too small in scale, for these reasons he cannot be deemed the definitive one.

As for all the other great Hulks you mentioned, which are you referring to?

What I'm hoping for is a fully sculpted, BIG, GREEN, charging HULK machine, with no seams! Hyper, pulsating anatomy, with a head-on gaze & pose, that will make you sh!t your pants, & curl your toes! A sweaty, fist swinging, blood curdling behemoth of a HULK, that will reduce all our collected characters to mere quivering, cowering schmucks!

Because in the end,........................... there can only be HULK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. XM/Legendary Beasts versions are also good offerings, but way too big for my needs, and still too "cartoonish" oriented in their look, though many aspects of the sculpt/anatomy are very good, overall I just can't crown them as the "definitive-ish" HULK.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 09:07 AM   #129
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
I'm assuming you're referring to XM Transformation, & the recent XM/Legendary Beasts release?

XM Transformation is/was a good sculpt, with a lot of good qualities (mainly the anatomy), but the portrait still does not hit the mark for me. With that overly thin jaw line, which gives the impression he's almost wearing a mask, and "wild" eyes further enforces that "mask" vibe.

And though the pose fits the transformation theme, it does not represent the charging,

What I'm hoping for is a fully sculpted, BIG, GREEN, charging HULK machine, with no seams! Hyper, pulsating anatomy, with a head-on gaze & pose, that will make you sh!t your pants, & curl your toes! A sweaty, fist swinging, blood curdling behemoth of a HULK, that will reduce all our collected characters to mere quivering, cowering schmucks!
So an action pose then? Also, are you a fan of the ape-faced look for Hulk or the big, green man-faced look?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 10:09 AM   #130
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken-SWE View Post
This is exactly how I feel about a lot of characters!

So do I, & I still own/have owned some of the older Sideshow statues. I mean, I know that Sideshow does repeats, but the present day quality of the works make them upgraded, undeniable treats.

Bring em, I'm in.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote