Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-08-2021, 01:28 AM   #391
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

A few Asian resellers are climbing on the JND bandwagon too, not the least of which are an appropriately titled 'Beast Kingdom' who suggest (thanks Google translate) "South Korea's new top collection brand ′′ JND Studios ′′ has been released!
From the DC managers film ′′ Suicide Commando it has once again used its top craft to create a naughty and beautiful look of the super popular and charming villain ′′ Harry Ping ′′

Seriously.
From now on, she's 'Harry Ping'.
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 02:05 AM   #392
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipkicker View Post
A few Asian resellers are climbing on the JND bandwagon too, not the least of which are an appropriately titled 'Beast Kingdom' who suggest (thanks Google translate) "South Korea's new top collection brand ′′ JND Studios ′′ has been released!
From the DC managers film ′′ Suicide Commando it has once again used its top craft to create a naughty and beautiful look of the super popular and charming villain ′′ Harry Ping ′′

Seriously.
From now on, she's 'Harry Ping'.

I did notice that a lot of those Asian retailers are also refusing to ship to the US (or even outside of their own region) - which is strange. Surely the restrictions directly on JND can't be carried over to independent retailers......unless, there is something in their direct retail contract with JND I guess.....

But then, thinking about it out loud, the one product you extend the edition size on, is also the one with the most restrictive sales environment......seems a bit backward to me.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 08:20 PM   #393
chronos1919
Nightwing

If most of the usual US retailers aren't getting this it has me worried about procuring future JND products in the US.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 09:20 PM   #394
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
If most of the usual US retailers aren't getting this it has me worried about procuring future JND products in the US.
I think it's probably a specific HQ Suicide Squad licensing thing - kinda like QS not being able to do 1:1 busts of female Marvel Characters (ie Black Widow) - but maquettes and statues? Knock yourselves out! Just look at Infinity Studios 1:1 HQ SS bust which was up on Sideshow. I don't understand licensing, much less the people who make these decisions in the first place...
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 12:47 AM   #395
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipkicker View Post
I think it's probably a specific HQ Suicide Squad licensing thing - kinda like QS not being able to do 1:1 busts of female Marvel Characters (ie Black Widow) - but maquettes and statues? Knock yourselves out! Just look at Infinity Studios 1:1 HQ SS bust which was up on Sideshow. I don't understand licensing, much less the people who make these decisions in the first place...
I hope you're right. I asked them if this would affect new releases going forward on FB under their announcement of the license being limited and they did not reply.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 10:34 AM   #396
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I hope you're right. I asked them if this would affect new releases going forward on FB under their announcement of the license being limited and they did not reply.
I wonder if every single statue they make is a case-by-case basis as far as what license restrictions would exist and/or what countries/regions they could sell/ship them to. If so, then they wouldn't even know the answer themselves (yet).
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 12:05 PM   #397
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I just want them to finish up with whatever they have planned for D.C. so they can move onto something else. I think, when / if they start to operate in other I.P. the restrictions may lessen considerably - along with edition sizes.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 04:02 PM   #398
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I just want them to finish up with whatever they have planned for D.C. so they can move onto something else. I think, when / if they start to operate in other I.P. the restrictions may lessen considerably - along with edition sizes.
I doubt the company would want to create items with smaller edition sizes which would equate to less revenue generation. If they can pull of such edition sizes without issue, at least. Each release has seen a larger edition size as the popularity of the company grows and they focus on more popular characters.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 04:24 PM   #399
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I hope they are able to maintain QC with the rising ES, specifically on the hair. The one "fly in the ointment" regarding the Arthur Fleck piece was the shoddy hair job. I recall a SF member posting in the Arthur Fleck thread, showing how the blending of the hair was not as nice as the prototype or the "production sample". He ended up punching in additional hair, which made it look much better, but no customer should have to resort to such measures, especially for the prices JND have set. I did watch their marketing guy mention how they are in the process of improving their hair pipeline, so I'll be paying close attention to their Wonder Woman when it reaches collectors' hands.

I do think the hair will consistently be the main creative challenge for the studio as the amount of statues released will compound their schedule.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 04:37 PM   #400
ukshaun
Hercules

I have an admission to make..
I b1tched slightly.. real-hair, mixed media, silicone portrait, glass eyes, and declared - that's no statue!!! not a real one atleast.
Then i went and pre_ordered it. Madness!
Never again will i spend so much on a piece. Crazy!
I have the 1/6 Hot Toys Harley
I have the 1/4 Sideshow Collectibles Harley
I have the 1/3 Prime 1 Studios Harley
I own an original oil painting of the Suicide Squad Harley Quinn

Come 2022 i will own a 1/3 JND piece.
It will be my first and last JND piece.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote