Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 08-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #11
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseydevil View Post
These are such cool pieces. I finally completed my collection by picking up Fozzie Bear. I paid about $89 for him on the 'Bay, but the set is complete. And Kirthew, I'm with you on Dr. Teeth. That one took me forever to find, but in the end the price wasn't as crazy for these as they are now. Good luck; and I'll try to keep an eye out for Dr. Teeth for you. (However, I'm still wishing they would have made a Sgt. Floyd Pepper to complete the band).
My favorite has to be Fozzie... he just rocks.. I had the opportunity to by the heavy hitters a year and half ago and passed... Only bought Animal and Beaker... but man.. I should have bought Fozzie and Gonzo then.. because Fozzie cost me a Beaker and Honeydew...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #12
Blueprint
Death is hereditary.

All of the Muppet busts are actually really nice. My personal favorite is Rowlf out of what I own (Dr Teeth, Rowlf, Animal, Zoot, Lew). I missed out on alot of those when they were released and thought they were too expensive at $50 each. Man, was I wrong (they didn't have alot of them including Fozzie in my defense).

I'm even surprised how much some of the Simpsons busts are selling now too. The commons usually go for $30 still...but there were a few on e-bay that sold over the $100 mark as well. I'm just surprised how quickly these busts have risen over time....
Blueprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:27 PM   #13
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Reading this thread got me thinking about a local toy shop that for the longest time was sitting on a bunch of these. So I took a trip down there today to find that they still had them. They had 14 of the 20 busts in a display case and I told the kid working there that I would like to buy all of them. You should have seen his face, I couldn't tell if he was happy or just sh*t his pants. He ran into the back room and got his manager out and I asked if there could be a discount if I bought the whole lot. She gave me 10% off the retail price, not bad.

So they're rummaging through the store finding the boxes for the busts and they brought out two that weren't on display, Statler and Waldorf. So I got one of each(16 out of the 20 busts in the line) of what they had and left them with four duplicates. They're gonna check their warehouse to see if the may have the four remaining busts in the line and call me if they do.

They also had most of the Simpsons busts. I may go back for those sometime.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:36 PM   #14
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Awesome buy KK! You should have asked them to give you them at half off since you were "kind enough" to take them off their hands.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:45 PM   #15
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Awesome buy KK! You should have asked them to give you them at half off since you were "kind enough" to take them off their hands.
I didn't want to push it. The place used to be a treasure trove for me a while back, but then management changed and it wasn't as fun to go there anymore. Plus I moved away from the area 2 years ago so I don't get to go there near as much as I used to.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:31 AM   #16
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton Knight View Post
Reading this thread got me thinking about a local toy shop that for the longest time was sitting on a bunch of these. So I took a trip down there today to find that they still had them. They had 14 of the 20 busts in a display case and I told the kid working there that I would like to buy all of them. You should have seen his face, I couldn't tell if he was happy or just sh*t his pants. He ran into the back room and got his manager out and I asked if there could be a discount if I bought the whole lot. She gave me 10% off the retail price, not bad.

So they're rummaging through the store finding the boxes for the busts and they brought out two that weren't on display, Statler and Waldorf. So I got one of each(16 out of the 20 busts in the line) of what they had and left them with four duplicates. They're gonna check their warehouse to see if the may have the four remaining busts in the line and call me if they do.

They also had most of the Simpsons busts. I may go back for those sometime.
Wow... lucky find... I sent you a PM because I need that one illusive one that I messaged you about... also.. hit me up with the 4 that you need... I have a few duplicates...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:44 PM   #17
Jerseydevil
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

KK- Good for you! I was lucky enough to get most of these below retail. However, when I bought my Kermit a long time ago he arrived with a broken finger (flipper?). If you or Kirthew have one I could take off your hands, I'd be more than happy to.
Jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote