Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 11-09-2016, 12:26 AM   #441
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Sending positive thoughts your way dude!

Cheers HMS the reviews everyone has made really helped me out so thanks everyone that made vids or left a review in writing
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:47 PM   #442
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Read on the other forum that you were offered a $75 store credit HeavyMetal?

I was just offered a $140 store credit that I will be accepting.

I can't remember what issues you had though besides one of the letters of the nameplate not being painted.

Just an observation, but it seems that I've had better luck with the female customer service representatives than the males. Not that any of the male reps have been bad per se, but I usually only get offered a tiny spec as a partial refund or I simply get the "Our products are hand-painted and all of them have issues like this" etc, etc runaround.

Not only have I been offered the $140 credit but she's been treating me like an actual paying customer. She's been very kind, apologetic and seems to sincerely want to help. She even gave me advice on want paint brands to use without me asking. This isn't one of those "fix it yourself" situations though as I did state in my first email that I would attempt repairing the bust myself.

I had the same positive experience with the other female customer service reps I emailed about the 10% discount not working.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:53 PM   #443
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Read on the other forum that you were offered a $75 store credit HeavyMetal?

I was just offered a $140 store credit that I will be accepting.

I can't remember what issues you had though besides one of the letters of the nameplate not being painted.

Just an observation, but it seems that I've had better luck with the female customer service representatives than the males. Not that any of the male reps have been bad per se, but I usually only get offered a tiny spec as a partial refund or I simply get the "Our products are hand-painted and all of them have issues like this" etc, etc runaround.

Not only have I been offered the $140 credit but she's been treating me like an actual paying customer. She's been very kind, apologetic and seems to sincerely want to help. She even gave me advice on want paint brands to use without me asking. This isn't one of those "fix it yourself" situations though as I did state in my first email that I would attempt repairing the bust myself.

I had the same positive experience with the other female customer service reps I emailed about the 10% discount not working.
Customer Service reps have been great - but I'm now (apparently) dealing with a lass in "returns" ?!? - who is doing the one thing guaranteed to tick me off - "cut & paste" answers rather than giving this any REAL attention. It takes them a week (literally - 7 days each time) to respond.

The MAIN things wrong with mine are the nameplate (the "A" completely missing, the "P" offset/damaged) + the boxes (inner & outer) gouged and torn (almost top-to-bottom).

I forget - what was faulty with yours?

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #444
Xenoburger

Quote:
Customer Service reps have been great - but I'm now (apparently) dealing with a lass in "returns" ?!? - who is doing the one thing guaranteed to tick me off - "cut & paste" answers rather than giving this any REAL attention. It takes them a week (literally - 7 days each time) to respond.
Ah, well there goes my theory.

Quote:
The MAIN things wrong with mine are the nameplate (the "A" completely missing, the "P" offset/damaged) + the boxes (inner & outer) gouged and torn (almost top-to-bottom).

I forget - what was faulty with yours?

Hmm. If your main issues are just with the nameplate and the boxes I could see why they would offer you less, though any issue regardless of severity should be given equal consideration IMO, especially for an item costing over a grand.

I had some weird paint marks/rubs on the left side of the forehead, as well as a drop of paint in that area.

Those are the paint issues, then there are three other faults of a different manner - small little hole in the upper right mandible, some brittle, damaged netting on the left shoulder and lastly there was a mass of unpainted...material, stuck to the neck rings.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:41 PM   #445
HeavyMetalSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
. . . Hmm. If your main issues are just with the nameplate and the boxes I could see why they would offer you less, though any issue regardless of severity should be given equal consideration IMO, especially for an item costing over a grand . . .
Yeah - it's not like anyone will notice the nameplate being totally screwed.

And no-one cares about box damage - I'm pretty sure that won't affect resale value either.

Oh - hang on . . .

Old 11-09-2016, 04:57 PM   #446
Xenoburger

Quote:
Yeah - it's not like anyone will notice the nameplate being totally screwed.

And no-one cares about box damage - I'm pretty sure that won't affect resale value either.

Oh - hang on . . .

Oh I know, and my intent wasn't to undermine your issues if it came across that way. I think naturally people would assume if there's no actual damage to the predator and just to the nameplate, it might seem like an insignificant issue. But they need to realize that a flaw on such a front-and-center, clean piece of the collectible will be very noticeable and detract from the entire piece.

Your nameplate flaw is more noticeable than any of my 6 defects. I have to get up close to my piece to see most of it's faults, but with yours it's out in the open and can be seen from a great distance.

And then of course, like you said, the damaged boxes and resale value.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:36 PM   #447
HeavyMetalSpike

I know you got it Bro - I was emphasizing that "THEY" do NOT get it.

Good job they don't do this for a living.

. . . ah . . . there's that "hang on" line again . . .

Old 11-10-2016, 07:44 AM   #448
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

looks like they arrived in the uk early, mine should be here tomorrow
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:19 PM   #449
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
looks like they arrived in the uk early, mine should be here tomorrow
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 04:09 PM   #450
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Just got round to opening the box and giving the bust a quick once over firstly the box is friggin massive! Only just fit through my door! I've been putting off unboxing it until the kids went bed as I thought it would be a right chore, but I'll be damned if it wasn't the easiest unboxing of literally any collectable I've had to date let alone one this size! Very nice design by coolprops

On to the bust itself, wow! REALLY impressed no issues with mine at all eyes look really good i'd say they were acrylic if I didn't know better. Paint in general is excellent I may just touch it up some just to refine it but overall very good. The main comparison for me was with the original p1 bust and honestly this beats it in most areas. Teeth are very realistic looking they are a translucent acrylic or resin instead of painted resin like the original. The quills are flexible instead of rigid, paint if anything is better the bronze parts are very well done. Weakest aspect as already mentioned by others (and as is the same with the p1 bust) is the dreads, they aren't awful but could definitely be better but overall they don't take away from what is an awesome bust and one which can stand proud next to the original P1. I'm very happy I went with the latest minute buy as this will definitely be a keeper
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote