Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-09-2021, 11:29 AM   #21
BladeoftheMoon
Birdman

The only thing I'd rather have over this is a 1:1 Rex bust. I keep thinking someday someone will get around to it.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 12:47 PM   #22
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeoftheMoon View Post
The only thing I'd rather have over this is a 1:1 Rex bust. I keep thinking someday someone will get around to it.
CC was planning on doing it, had they not been stupid and put themselves out of business, we might have gotten one.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:09 AM   #23
Themarkmail
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Yeah man, i'm going to join you in the exclusive club of owners of the original JP Rex.
Master of the life size animatronics and world-changing CG one.

All hail the queen!
Queen Robertas aka Rexy all the way
A piece of SW movie history
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:31 PM   #24
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Studio oxmox have been doing a 1:1 bust for years now. Though its not officially linked with jp
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:00 PM   #25
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Studio oxmox have been doing a 1:1 bust for years now. Though its not officially linked with jp
Yes, I have seen that one posted, never really cared for it.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:31 AM   #26
BladeoftheMoon
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
CC was planning on doing it, had they not been stupid and put themselves out of business, we might have gotten one.
Thats a shame. CC just wasn't really impressing me for the most part anyway. I do hope someone tries to make one .

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Right. Been seeing it in the pages of The Prehistoric Times mag for years. If they did an official one I'd be all over it.

Quote:
Yes, I have seen that one posted, never really cared for it.
It's ok for a general T-Rex, or was years ago. It's JP inspired for sure .
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:11 AM   #27
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Thats a shame. CC just wasn't really impressing me for the most part anyway. I do hope someone tries to make one .
CC had an original cast, but was from the male. Zero interest in any 1:1 head not coming from SWS originals.

I have to admit, when Paul was in charge CC went above and beyond with this license in the best possible way and with some pieces truly managed to impress the hell out of me.
Their line was a dream, 1:1 replicas and busts all with lineage to the originals, SWS maquettes, original pieces like the Breakout and things like the Crash line.. no one comes close and probably never will.
Sure, in terms of paint application they only provided Sideshow quality (actually better considering how awful the JP Sideshow piece was) by charging much more.. but in the end they still made some truly solid goods, always great designs and well thought pieces, no vinyl bullcrap, amazing customer service, impeccable packaging (unlike the disaster that's Iron Studios) and great relationships with costumers every step of the way.

My issues with them lied in they way they often painted their prototypes (which combined with cheap factories resulted in underwelming products) and the way they almost always overpriced their products, which to be fair is shared by most companies. I seriously believe their only truly fairly, 100% properly priced piece that i own was the Raptor bust since not only was MUCH bigger than any Prime 1 or Iron Studios piece of the same price tag or more (while having at least four times the presence), it was also cheaper than custom made ones while also having eyes casted from originals and being much more accurately painted than any of these.. on top of being actually licenced and coming on that beautiful and classy base.
It was also the better painted CC JP piece, for both prototype and final product.

All in all, with the only exception of truly insane and unique efforts like IS Rex Diorama, Chronicle pieces with properly painted prototypes and ECC-like factories would have been simply untouchable for me.
Which in a way is cheating since most of CC pieces were just made by SWS or prop makers anyway.

It's once Paul left that i stopped being impressed. Their new products felt off in a way or another, but still, they should always be remembered for starting this all and for the huge balls they had in providing true dream pieces like the 1:5 Rex and 1:1 Raptor.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:57 AM   #28
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
cheap factories resulted in underwelming products
Breakout and the 1:1 raptor/1:5 rex were done at the same factory, so it wasn't all the choice of factory that was the issue. Even the high dollar factories can have issues, although it's less of a gamble.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:37 AM   #29
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Breakout and the 1:1 raptor/1:5 rex were done at the same factory, so it wasn't all the choice of factory that was the issue. Even the high dollar factories can have issues, although it's less of a gamble.
Raptor 1:1 Bust was, along with this 1:5 full Rex and the 1:1 Compy, the only JP piece made by ECC Factory. As reported by the known insider Michael Zhang:

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael zhang View Post
This is not done at the ECC Foundry, only 1/1Raptor bust and the Compsognathus are. The rest are sideshow's foundries.
The Breakout was supposed to, but i recall Chronicle denying it was in the end.
Not hating on the Breakout however, i recently moved it in a glass cabinet and everytime i glance at it i'm actually impressed.
Looks great from afar and under proper lighting, even next to IS pieces (which in paint application are yes more effective, but way simpler, also). And i'm still a huge fan of that sculpt and pose.

Btw, why is this Thread not merged with the official 1:5 one?
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 02:44 AM   #30
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Raptor 1:1 Bust was, along with this 1:5 full Rex and the 1:1 Compy, the only JP piece made by ECC Factory. As reported by the known insider Michael Zhang:

The Breakout was supposed to, but i recall Chronicle denying it was in the end.
Not hating on the Breakout however, i recently moved it in a glass cabinet and everytime i glance at it i'm actually impressed.
Looks great from afar and under proper lighting, even next to IS pieces (which in paint application are yes more effective, but way simpler, also). And i'm still a huge fan of that sculpt and pose.

Btw, why is this Thread not merged with the official 1:5 one?
You are thinking of the 1:4 Endos that were supposed to be and were announced as, but ended up not(thanks to Clay being cheap). The breakouts were done by Toynami(ECC parent company). Sideshow does not own any factories, they just contract with them (and btw get robbed blind from overproduction and selling extras out the back door.)