Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-27-2021, 11:11 AM   #1
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Iron Studios 1/10 BDS Quicksilver (Comics Version)

I know both him and Scarlet Witch were shown off as prototypes at a recent convention, and I believe technically these can fit in with the X-Men Dio's, but they are so cool they deserve their own threads. Quicksilver looks great!

Up for Pre-order at Sideshow for $170.

Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 11:12 AM   #2
Infinite GLORY

Actually looking closer at the base, it does look like that is a sentinel hand he is running on, so I would say it would go as a proximity piece to the Sentinel Dio's.

I love the color of the costume on this, and I think the face is really well done. Hopefully it translates well to production pieces.

I CAN"T WAIT to see the Scarlet Witch.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:33 PM   #3
tarim69
Sailor Moon

It's a great looking piece.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 02:44 AM   #4
FJC
Midnighter

This looks fantastic. Great sense of movement with this piece. Very dynamic.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 03:48 AM   #5
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I know both him and Scarlet Witch were shown off as prototypes at a recent convention, and I believe technically these can fit in with the X-Men Dio's, but they are so cool they deserve their own threads. Quicksilver looks great!

Up for Pre-order at Sideshow for $170.
Looks awesome....great
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:28 AM   #6
Infinite GLORY

I know with poses like this in larger sizes, there is always cause and talk of leaning issues in the future, but honestly, this is just over 1lb in weight, 1.1lbs to be exact based on the specs picture, so I honestly don't think that's heavy enough to cause any issues. Not sure of Iron Studios designs in regards to their leg pegs and how they would reinforce it or not in a situation like this.

On a side note, the official description bio on Iron Studios is curious...

Quote:
Quicksilver BDS Art Scale 1/10 Statue – Marvel Comics – Iron Studios” (who will soon have the mystical support of his sister), in a dynamic pose on a base with effects that express all his power, where the sprinter hero joins forces with the X-Men to face Magneto, the Sentinel Robots that are controlled by Magneto and his Mutant Brotherhood … Would the sprinter, who still believes that he is the son of the master of magnetism, be at the side of the Brotherhood? Only you, dear collector, will be able to give this answer, configuring your diorama as you wish, or even placing it next to the Avengers figures, because, in the versatile trajectory of this hero, he is always running throughout the Marvel universe.
Obviously they confirm the upcoming Scarlet Witch Comics piece, and also confirm that this is part of the X-Men series pieces, although they say he is teaming up with the X-Men to face Magneto and his Brotherhood, when Quicksilver is part of the Brotherhood originally right?

But the big takeaway for me here is that they mention you can ALSO place it next to "The Avengers Figures". Now I now we have a few older Avengers comics based pieces in Thor, Cap, etc. But could this mean there is a new line in the works?
Old 03-29-2021, 03:40 PM   #7
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Such a beautiful statue - everything about him screams dynamic. It's crazy that there are so many Flash statues yet if you want a dynamic Quicksilver statue then this is pretty much the only game in town. And it's not even been released
worstgamerever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:32 PM   #8
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
Such a beautiful statue - everything about him screams dynamic. It's crazy that there are so many Flash statues yet if you want a dynamic Quicksilver statue then this is pretty much the only game in town. And it's not even been released
I know right. Still have to wait about a year before this one even comes out. Who know's if another company will step up with another piece or not. Seems crazy to not have any quicksilver statues.

As much as Iron Studios does suck when it comes to customer service, they sure are cranking out pieces not many other companies are doing. Pyro, blob, quicksilver, silver samurai just to name a few. Probably never see those done in 1/4 or 1/3 scale.