Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-03-2021, 06:32 PM   #781
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I also like this one but I don't love it. Still looking for a Batman statue that I MUST have and not one that I simply like.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:17 PM   #782
MapleDonut
Justice League

When is Sideshow going to start shipping this out?
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:03 PM   #783
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I like this piece; I may pick it up at some point. But I agree, I still haven't seen "the one" as far as 1/4 scale Batman pieces, and it has been 10 years since SS got the license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I also like this one but I don't love it. Still looking for a Batman statue that I MUST have and not one that I simply like.
I feel the same way, I actually like this piece. But I don't feel the overwhelming need to buy him. I feel like they are making a batman to go with each rogue. So the era's are going to be mix and match, but can go with all of them. Like this one is meant to go with the new Bane PF, the previous martin canale to go with the Scarecrow PF.

It's there next batman that better be "the one". Because if not Queen studios if you seen the concepts they are going to likely use, easily can be "the one".
moyiori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:25 PM   #784
kvsm23vs24
Frackin!

This scrawny Batman looks like the one from those YouTube videos with Superman. The cartoon ones.
kvsm23vs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 04:35 AM   #785
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
I feel the same way, I actually like this piece. But I don't feel the overwhelming need to buy him. I feel like they are making a batman to go with each rogue. So the era's are going to be mix and match, but can go with all of them. Like this one is meant to go with the new Bane PF, the previous martin canale to go with the Scarecrow PF.

It's there next batman that better be "the one". Because if not Queen studios if you seen the concepts they are going to likely use, easily can be "the one".
Sideshow just needs to turn Daniel Bel loose on a classic comic Batman PF. Just look at the phenomenal job he did on the Bats bust.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:05 AM   #786
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I was on that fence for years. I knew i wanted to add a 1/4 Batman to my collection, but could never settle on one. Part of the problem was always knowing there would be more Batman pieces in the future, compared to other characters that amount to being rare. In the end, i settled for the Sideshow PF - Batman The Dark Knight, sculpted by the talented Will Harbottle

LOADING: Image(s)

More pix here:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...147668&page=64
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:02 PM   #787
Gravitron
Fantastic Four

I am undecided. I kind of like it, but have some issues with it. This one didn't quite hit it's peak potential in the face dept. Also the Gargoyle could have been improved since it's prominent and seems somewhat underdeveloped.
Gravitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:14 PM   #788
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
In the end, i settled for the Sideshow PF - Batman The Dark Knight, sculpted by the talented Will Harbottle
this is a very underrated piece, congrats
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:39 PM   #789
slow17motion
The Spirit

I received my Batman PF today. The gargoyle came with the ear literally glued back on.

$620 for a glued together statue.

And this isn't an easy fix. Since it's all one piece, I'll likely have to send the whole thing back (which is fine because I don't want a broken statue anyway).

My Robin PF came with a piece of hair broken off and painted over by the factory. I though that was deceptive. But they just outright glued the ear back onto the gargoyle. You can see the clear glue in the break. It's not even a good repair. I included some pictures that don't quite do it justice. It's bad.

Lesson: Check your statues VERY VERY carefully. With a light on them.

I find this sort of practice to be so mean-spirited and deceptive. I've never been more disappointed in Sideshow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210512_183742.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	139350   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210512_184708.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	139351   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210512_184754.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	384.6 KB
ID:	139352   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201222_150604.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	139353  
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:06 PM   #790
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Finally paired together. Just a note - this statue is HEAVY! As heavy as the Lex Luthor Powersuit PF, if not heavier, so be careful lifting it and taking it out of the styrofoam.

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote