Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-30-2021, 02:25 PM   #371
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Is this line dead? We haven’t seen any more teases or reveals.
Even Sideshow doesn't know. Sales, Campbell, direction of the wind are all relevant factors.

Statue hobbyists really need to move away from the potential future and to a "What You Got Is All You Get" mentality.

Speculation leads to nothing but disappointment from planned lines to proto vs production and gives these companies far too much leverage.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:37 PM   #372
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I asked JSC on Facebook some months ago and he said no that he was working on the next batch. But, it's been probably about 6 months now and we still haven't seen even a hint of anything. He also commented that his prints and calendars would be coming back.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 03:10 PM   #373
Demona
Martian Manhunter

From what I remember of the little video they made of his line, wasn’t Red Riding Hood in there?

Maybe SDCC will finally get us Storm and Fairy Tales?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 04:55 PM   #374
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I asked JSC on Facebook some months ago and he said no that he was working on the next batch. But, it's been probably about 6 months now and we still haven't seen even a hint of anything. He also commented that his prints and calendars would be coming back.
And that's the reason for my comment.
Obviously I'm a itty bit of a fan of Campbell's.

He's been saying new FF stuff is coming since the cover was teased for the FF 2016 calendar, as he couldn't even get out a 2015 one. Every year he says it's coming.

Nothing new from his Fairytale Fantasies line has been released since 2014 in any form! He's obviously a quality over quantity guy but Gen13 and Danger Girl issues were always NOTORIOUSLY late as in several months. People would just lose interest. He should be glad people love his style and he's so good because he can't hit quantity deadlines to save his life. That's why he just does covers now. His bread is well buttered with that for Marvel and DC just for extra jelly.

So yeah I've learned to just take whatever I see when I actually see it. I hate HATE the cover business model though. I refuse to get art by buying covers. So I have to wait even longer until a collection book or someone releases a print.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:15 PM   #375
dechirico7
The Flash

Since he is updating the designs anyways, he probably wants to just start doing the calendars again. More $$$ in his pocket, on top of the statue sales. What they don't get is these huge delays really frustrate customers. Collectors will just move on. I am heading there. If we don't see some reveals this year....
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:38 PM   #376
qz33
Rescue

Oh they get it, they all just focus on whatever seems most lucrative at the time. Once he got the Marvel deal he was done with everything else. Not even able to release a nearly complete calendar that he's teased for years.
Rightfully so, who could blame him of course because... most money was Marvel.

He's worked to wife up the past couple years and loves to travel. Life happens and we all do what we must, not what we don't. Push comes to shove whatever isn't the main cash cow is going on hold and it's not like even Sideshow will jeopardize a relationship with someone so recognized.

As collectors/customers we want momentum, something that will keep going. Not much ever works that way in any of these hobbies unfortunately.

What gets old is the string along. Attention is the name of this game. I've learned to stop following the leash tugs.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:44 PM   #377
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I certainly hope not, the Fairy tail line got me into collecting Statues.

Hope that bend in the production piece isn't what we are going to be receiving.

After so many delays Sideshows has zero excuse to get Cinderella wrong.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 11:40 AM   #378
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I went back today to look at Cinderella's production photos, and the only thing I'm seeing is maybe a bad angle.

Cinderella's dress doesn't look like shape is off. It is slanted to a different angle, which make it look different.

Still think Cinderella is a winner, and happy I pre-ordered.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 08:25 PM   #379
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don’t think the angle of the picture could be used to explain why the dress no longer touches the base in that area. Something is going on there.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:56 PM   #380
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

The change in the dress was probably done for manufacturing tolerances. If the dress was designed to touch the base and the factory gets it slightly off where the dress touches the base before the feet seat properly that would result in a “defect” and at worse result in the dress snapping because it was baring the weight of the figure. Easier to make the dress short of the base so when the factory does produce the dresses with slightly different shapes, it will not touch the base.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote