Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 05-02-2021, 02:17 AM   #41
dw316
Justice League

Cool thanks! The wait time usually doesn't matter as much, most important is the ease of getting replacements if there is an issue, and the price and savings. I know SF started a reward points system as well and saw that some/most of their 1/10 pre-orders have free shipping and no tax and that ends up being almost $30 cheaper than Sideshow. Like for example, both have the 1/10 Bishop starting $190 but SF has free shipping, meanwhile tax is almost $17 and shipping pending and usually ends up being around $20 to me so SF would be the better choice since it would cost less from the start.

Going back to the subject of the X-men, I was wondering if anyone came across any photos of the Wolverine and Sabretooth statues side by side? I was curious to see how they look next to each other, if their sizes look somewhat proportional with Sabretooth being a lot more massive in build. Thanks!
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:24 PM   #42
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw316 View Post
Cool thanks! The wait time usually doesn't matter as much, most important is the ease of getting replacements if there is an issue, and the price and savings. I know SF started a reward points system as well and saw that some/most of their 1/10 pre-orders have free shipping and no tax and that ends up being almost $30 cheaper than Sideshow. Like for example, both have the 1/10 Bishop starting $190 but SF has free shipping, meanwhile tax is almost $17 and shipping pending and usually ends up being around $20 to me so SF would be the better choice since it would cost less from the start.

Going back to the subject of the X-men, I was wondering if anyone came across any photos of the Wolverine and Sabretooth statues side by side? I was curious to see how they look next to each other, if their sizes look somewhat proportional with Sabretooth being a lot more massive in build. Thanks!
Sabretooth isn’t out yet unfortunately. Perhaps he might be the next to be released. Fingers crossed.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 02:00 AM   #43
dw316
Justice League

Oh i see, hopefully so. Sabretooth, Omega Red, Silver Samurai are all on my list, they seem like they would pair well with him. I'm bummed that I missed out on Cable, he and Bishop would've paired well together.

I wonder why the Magneto individually is so much more than the others? I was debating on getting the sentinel diorama since it is not standing as tall as the others but turns it the thing is pretty deep and needs a lot of real estate, haha. The Juggernaut exclusive is also nice.
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:50 AM   #44
scgt1
Frackin!

Got Gambit from IS direct week before last I believe. I'm very happy with it.

Now what I'm not happy with is a ton of reports on IS possibly not being able to hold up their end of the PO bargain on Sentinel 1. I'm seeing a ton of chatter on Facebook including some direct email responses from IS stating supply may not meet demand.

I also saw something about them contacting Brazil and trying to get more in. Seriously don't know what is going on but the point of a PO is to SECURE one along with giving the manufacturer a base quantity number they have to get produced + what ever the retailer orders are, orders for their own store if they wish to sell them live, and for any replacements that might need to be fulfilled.

I've had Sentinel 1 and 3 on a payment plan with IS and my last payment is the end of the month. I'm going to be pissed if they can't fulfill a contractual agreement I made when I signed up for the payment plan order. Especially since I'll have to jump through hoops trying to purchase somewhere else at a higher cost + tax. I got both statues on discount and I'm not charged tax with IS.
scgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:56 AM   #45
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgt1 View Post
Got Gambit from IS direct week before last I believe. I'm very happy with it.

Now what I'm not happy with is a ton of reports on IS possibly not being able to hold up their end of the PO bargain on Sentinel 1. I'm seeing a ton of chatter on Facebook including some direct email responses from IS stating supply may not meet demand.

I also saw something about them contacting Brazil and trying to get more in. Seriously don't know what is going on but the point of a PO is to SECURE one along with giving the manufacturer a base quantity number they have to get produced + what ever the retailer orders are, orders for their own store if they wish to sell them live, and for any replacements that might need to be fulfilled.

I've had Sentinel 1 and 3 on a payment plan with IS and my last payment is the end of the month. I'm going to be pissed if they can't fulfill a contractual agreement I made when I signed up for the payment plan order. Especially since I'll have to jump through hoops trying to purchase somewhere else at a higher cost + tax. I got both statues on discount and I'm not charged tax with IS.
I keep hearing about IS stating they may not have enough supply for the ALREADY PAID FOR PO's. That seems nuts and a bad business practice. How did you take people's money without knowing how many you could actually get up front? Unless they were told one thing and then the number changed? IDK. But you would think as a company they would be responsible enough to send out an update to their customers via email letting them know where they stand with Sentinel #1. I can't believe those of you who purchased from IS STILL don't have it. From the company who's name is on the product. Crazy.

I will be ordering Sentinel #2 from Sideshow when they have it in.

I already am nervous because like I posted before my Colossus piece has weird black lines on his face that doesn't seem normal so I have to contact them to see what they can do about fixing it.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:32 AM   #46
Infinite GLORY

I went ahead and updated the main list. Sentinel 2 is out so I updated that to reflect. No longer available on Iron Studios.

I moved Blob from "next release" to reflect the July date Sideshow is showing.

Sabretooth is released in Asia already so I fully expect him to be the next one Sideshow has up for shipping soon. I moved him to the top of the "coming soon" list again.

I went ahead and checked release dates (using Sideshow) for Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Bishop & Omega Red and they all still show "June - August" as a release so hopefully they stick closer to June and will be next after Sabretooth.

I feel like we are finally approaching the 3rd quarter of the year where most of these were originally supposed to release, so hopefully we can get a bunch soon. I'm dying for some new characters lol.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:36 AM   #47
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Will Sideshow and other retailers get more Wolverine, Rogue and Beast in stock?
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 11:31 AM   #48
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
Will Sideshow and other retailers get more Wolverine, Rogue and Beast in stock?
Specfiction currently has both Wolverine and Beast in stock. If you are looking for them, I'd jump on that before they are gone since those 3 are pretty sought after. Beast is a newer release, Rogue is 2nd newest, but Wolvie is older and HTF so hope that helps!

https://www.specfictionshop.com/coll...entinel-statue

https://www.specfictionshop.com/prod...entinel-statue

Amazon also has Beast for $199.

Rogue I found on this site Monstersinmotion which appears to be in California, but I've never used them. They also have Beast.

https://www.monstersinmotion.com/car...s-p-27342.html
Old 06-03-2021, 01:14 PM   #49
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Thanks for that info. Definitely checking that out!
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:01 PM   #50
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I keep hearing about IS stating they may not have enough supply for the ALREADY PAID FOR PO's. That seems nuts and a bad business practice. How did you take people's money without knowing how many you could actually get up front? Unless they were told one thing and then the number changed? IDK. But you would think as a company they would be responsible enough to send out an update to their customers via email letting them know where they stand with Sentinel #1. I can't believe those of you who purchased from IS STILL don't have it. From the company who's name is on the product. Crazy.

I will be ordering Sentinel #2 from Sideshow when they have it in.

I already am nervous because like I posted before my Colossus piece has weird black lines on his face that doesn't seem normal so I have to contact them to see what they can do about fixing it.
It's quite ridiculous especially with a series of pieces like this that are basically useless for some if they don't have the Sentinel 1. I have it, sentinel 3 and many of the proximity pieces ordered. If I don't get Sentinel 1 then I don't really want the rest tbh. They need to get it sorted basically, one way or another whatever it costs or takes.
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote