Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-10-2021, 02:38 PM   #1011
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Where did you get that little XMen sign by your statues?
The X-Men & X-23 sign are custom made. Check out 'Heroes Logo Designs' on Facebook.. they ship world-wide. They can customised any logo and names with their standard dimension or you could also do a customised dimension. The material is acrylic.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:29 PM   #1012
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Man she is beautiful!!! Congrats
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:47 AM   #1013
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
My Jean Grey has just arrived today! Shipped within 5 days from Sideshow to Singapore. Awesome!!

So beautiful I LOVE it so much!!! <3

love her eyebrow, so beautiful
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:52 AM   #1014
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I have faith that Mark will do as fabulous job on Storm as he did on Jean.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:27 AM   #1015
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I flexed out an EX before it sold out thinking this was in stock, and they have moved my final payment like 3 times. Is anyone else still waiting for the EX on this?
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:12 AM   #1016
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I flexed out an EX before it sold out thinking this was in stock, and they have moved my final payment like 3 times. Is anyone else still waiting for the EX on this?
If you are concerned, I would reach out to Sideshow directly about it.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 03:19 PM   #1017
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I received my Jean last week. I had ordered her as a Pre-Order as part of the second run. I found it odd that she was #375/2000 and the trademark date is still 2019. I feel like a new production run, if they didn't complete the first allotment, should be numbered higher up. Unless they REALLY didn't do well with her to begin with...? (I highly doubt that though, every Youtuber with a room tour seems to have her in their collection.)

I don't particularly care either way, she looks fantastic, but it does make me confused as to just what a second run exactly means. It also makes me wonder about the theories of rehashing returned product. She did have a little paint chip out of her left hand, but it doesn't bother me at all since it's in the gap between her hand and wrist armor. Maybe it bothered someone else though, but I feel like they'd just issue a new hand, not ask for the statue back.

I'm actually curious now if they take returned product and replace elements of it to make a new version? Why junk the whole statue when you can have the factory make a new head and resell it. Just thinking out loud, I have nothing to base this on other than the oddly low number and date. It just seems weird to me.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 11:46 PM   #1018
Peedi
The Secret Six

If there’s a small ding on an unseen part like what you have it’s not a big deal to me either, however, just keep in mind that if you ever want to sell it potential buyers look for the LEAST little thing to take off amazing discounts for. Like something sideshow would credit you $75 for, a potential buyer will want like half off the retail price.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 12:48 AM   #1019
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
If there’s a small ding on an unseen part like what you have it’s not a big deal to me either, however, just keep in mind that if you ever want to sell it potential buyers look for the LEAST little thing to take off amazing discounts for. Like something sideshow would credit you $75 for, a potential buyer will want like half off the retail price.
well...maybe not half....depends on if they have skills to repair it....those with zero skills may settle for $100 or more.
..those who do a lot of custom or building work may not even bother even if they could easily get $50 partial refund
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:16 AM   #1020
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I wish my waitlist would flip over for this one..I hate that I dropped the ball on this one.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote